NSC Summer Cliché Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK YOU AM - My source is golden - I'll meet you outside Debenham's and we'll see who knows more unknowable stuff than the other and decide who's the bigger bellend by pushing and shoving and swearing U Cant.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Serious concerns about the fixture scheduling, the "Tuesday night away up Norf 'sake" despite the fact that most of the games will get rescheduled for Sky..
Former Prem League Club supporters "in peace... how do you see your chances.. admire Chris Hughton, looking forward to visiting your stadium, hope you challenge but think we will finish above you..."

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For the 'Big Name' friendly at the Amex, there will be umpteen cliches about how the catering staff couldn't speak English, couldn't work a till, put milk in the Bovril, can't wait til the Uni students come back and rescue the caterers in September, oh and how the milky Bovril ran out earlydoors in the WSU. Think that's about covered it... :moo:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Of course there is the thread where we don't tonk a lesser team in a friendly and all the doom mongers appear...... CH needs to sign 8 players, new signing XXX looks awful/overweight, relegation on the cards, tearing up my season ticket....

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
If we take anyone on a season-long loan these familiar chestnuts will be spotted soon enough:

"*name of player* doesn't care about the club"

"You can't build a team around loanees"

"If he was that good why have they sent him out on loan?"

"Bloom/Barber/Burke taking the cheap option I see"

"Bargain bucket signing"

Etc

Etc

Etc

:facepalm:

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Albion player says "I'm going to sit down and think about my future" = he's leaving

Non-Albion player says "I'm going to sit down and think about my future" = he's in talks with Derby / QPR / Forest (if he's a striker)

Incidentally, why do players have to sit down and think about their futures? Why can't this be achieved whilst jogging, lying on the beach or maybe doing a handstand?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm looking forward to our first SWOOP

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Albion player says "I'm going to sit down and think about my future" = he's leaving

Non-Albion player says "I'm going to sit down and think about my future" = he's in talks with Derby / QPR / Forest (if he's a striker)

Incidentally, why do players have to sit down and think about their futures? Why can't this be achieved whilst jogging, lying on the beach or maybe doing a handstand?

Your mind is otherwise occupied when you are doing a handstand.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Hopefully we won't see this with regards to the albion this summer but whenever a potential managerial appontment is discussed it never takes long for 'knows the league' to crop up.

It. Means. Nothing! NOTHING!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
'Imminent'
'Incoming'
Someone losing their shit and declaring that 'it's going to be a long season' because we haven't destroyed every team we've played pre-season

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hopefully we won't see this with regards to the albion this summer but whenever a potential managerial appontment is discussed it never takes long for 'knows the league' to crop up.

It. Means. Nothing! NOTHING!

And after Newcastle drop theit first point it will be "Benitez DOESN'T KNOW this league" :lolol:

Incidentally, We're DOOMED!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
When the club signs a promising young players from the lower leagues for the development squad, someone will complain and will ask "Why aren't we setting our standards higher?" or / and why the club aren't concentrating on players for the 1st team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports