Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Summer Cliché Thread

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Does it not look like a tougher league next year than last? It does to me.

At this point in time I would say:
Boro > Newcastle
Hull = Norwich
Burnley > Villa
Bolton > Burton
Charlton > Barnsley
MK Dons = Wigan

No one else has done any business that would make me think they will be much better than last season. Leeds will still be a basket case, Forest are a mess etc...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Boro > Newcastle
Hull = Norwich
Burnley > Villa
Bolton > Burton
Charlton > Barnsley
MK Dons = Wigan

No one else has done any business that would make me think they will be much better than last season. Leeds will still be a basket case, Forest are a mess etc...
Forest will be out of embago in a week or two and then their next round of FFP busting can commence !

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Derby County will inevitably sign someone that we should have claimed for ourselves.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whatever happened to the good old cliches of yesteryear 'signing of intent' / 'marquee signing'? Not been seen since the signing of CMS. Actually, scrub that, I've just answered my own question :dunce:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Good thread.

The line you highlight above always puzzles me a bit too. There's an implicit suggestion that a player who has failed to make a significant breakthrough, and has been playing football and coached for many hours every day for year after year, could be somehow transformed by a few weeks of high intensity fitness training.

I don't get it either.
Naylor has used it in his latest "analysis" i see. Amazing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Boro > Newcastle
Hull = Norwich
Burnley > Villa
Bolton > Burton
Charlton > Barnsley
MK Dons = Wigan

Its easy to convince yourself that Leeds, Forest and especially QPR and Fulham, will be better, simply because they can't be as rubbish again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some totally unattainable alleged target will fill dozens of NSC pages. Kanchelskis, Owen, Calleri, Bolanos. Won't be long before this year's "dream" signing makes an appearance....can't wait :rolleyes:

Oh and it will obviously be a forward who will end up playing way above our station.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Thread title- MURRAY'S BACK

Glenn-Murray-Palace.jpg

:FFSPuncheon

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Some totally unattainable alleged target will fill dozens of NSC pages. Kanchelskis, Owen, Calleri, Bolanos. Won't be long before this year's "dream" signing makes an appearance....can't wait :rolleyes:

Oh and it will obviously be a forward who will end up playing way above our station.

#Keepthefaith :wink:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
1) Hughton/Barber/Bloom will be chastised for going on holiday/not being here and thus missing out on x or y or z.

Someone will point out "Dont they have "phones" in x holiday destination"

Rinse Repeat.

2) Newcastle, Villa, Derby et all will spend a few quid and all doom and gloom will descend as it will be decreed that they are "going for it" and we are not.

3) Endless amounts of NSC will be filled with cuts and pastes of poorly Google translated articles from obscure Argentinian/Spanish/Dutch/French "sources" that have popped up on Google Alerts... probably by me i suspect.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1) Hughton/Barber/Bloom will be chastised for going on holiday/not being here and thus missing out on x or y or z.

Someone will point out "Dont they have "phones" in x holiday destination"

Rinse Repeat.

2) Newcastle, Villa, Derby et all will spend a few quid and all doom and gloom will descend as it will be decreed that they are "going for it" and we are not.

3) Endless amounts of NSC will be filled with cuts and pastes of poorly Google translated articles from obscure Argentinian/Spanish/Dutch/French "sources" that have popped up on Google Alerts... probably by me i suspect.

Luckily we can rely on you to put us all straight, double quick :lolol: ( and no need to mention Derby this time :wink:)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Here's one for starters via Equipe
http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Brighton-et-qpr-pensent-a-sehrou-guirassy/686210

"Brighton and Queens Park Rangers are particularly knowledgeable about the old Laval Sehrou Guirassy. Discussions have started between the same entourage of the player and the London club. LOSC, satisfied with his visit to the AJA (8 goals in 16 games), yet wants to see him back in the North and wants to take advantage of its features game in depth."
All very clear.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Funnily enough I just saw Michael Owen going into the Seattle Hotel in the Marina with Paul Barber - dont shoot the messenger!!

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
although i'm probably on the list with already several examples of my perennial boring of the planet with some frequent taking down of fake/wind up twitter accounts with a weary post saying "Why oh why do we believe these chancers" or somesuch.

and then that club lickspittle [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] will then leap in and do his utmost to suggest that AN didn't actually mean that and you all being very very unfair to the poor bloke.

do you lose sleep at night worrying that people might not talk about you on nsc?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Brighton-et-qpr-pensent-a-sehrou-guirassy/686210

"Brighton and Queens Park Rangers are particularly knowledgeable about the old Laval Sehrou Guirassy. Discussions have started between the same entourage of the player and the London club. LOSC, satisfied with his visit to the AJA (8 goals in 16 games), yet wants to see him back in the North and wants to take advantage of its features game in depth."
All very clear.

Not quite for starters. You need to catch up fella: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?339065-Sehrou-Guirassy

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
do you lose sleep at night worrying that people might not talk about you on nsc?

Just joining in a thread about NSC with some dull observations about NSC and some not very funny attempts to be mildly self deprecating that have clearly failed Mr Bumlick.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Wouldn't happen in Germany.

Have you seen what the BBC are wasting our Licence fees on?

It's all scaremongering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here