Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC so far this season errmm this week.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Clearly we haven't got enough money to pay for an academy AND invest in the team, that is unless Bloom is about to perform the best recruitment exercise since Yul Brynner in "The Magnificent Seven".

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I might be in the minority here but I couldn't give a toss about getting to the PL.

It'd be nice for the money and the big teams coming down and all that blah blah blah but honestly, I just want to be entertained. That's all I ask of the club, the players, just entertain me.

Unfortunately, right now, we don't seem to have players capable of doing that. Still, who know's what the squad will look like by the end of the window.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I might be in the minority here but I couldn't give a toss about getting to the PL.

It'd be nice for the money and the big teams coming down and all that blah blah blah but honestly, I just want to be entertained. That's all I ask of the club, the players, just entertain me.

I agree with you here. Few PL clubs are actually making money, so promotion is a chance for TB to spunk twice a much money up against the wall - unless we have the prudent discipline being installed now

Unfortunately, right now, we don't seem to have players capable of doing that. Still, who know's what the squad will look like by the end of the window.

This I agree less with. I would like us to have more entertaining players but we do have some already.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
This I agree less with. I would like us to have more entertaining players but we do have some already.

That's fair. I was making a general remark; we do definitely have some flair in the squad but I worry they're not matched by the rest in terms of ability etc. Not being held back per se but not exactly helped out.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Awful reading. Awful. I'm utterly aghast by the innumerate negative threads, the seeming capitulation in terms of support. I'll Judge the club (squad) in September, which I think is fair enough but now?!? I'm staggered.

Some of the laughable contributions during last nights match thread were utterly depressing, people hoping we'd lose to "wake up the suits etc." WTF?!? I don't get it, the three B's have laid down the marker i.e. the end of the transfer window is when to judge the squad, do you think we can we give it more than 2 competitive games before we throw the toys out?!?

God help us all if we don't utterly demolish the Brum this weekend, because nothing short of a resounding 5-0 will seemingly do.

I especially loathe the "the club are in deep financial trouble" statement and the "fire sale" comments, yep £8M for an untested top level striker and £3M for a guy who plays once a month constitutes a clear panic sale mentality . Often it's when to sell that is the key to long term success, Ulloa wanted to go as I suspect has Mr Buckley, especially since Gus rocked up at Sunderland. The time to let the Gus era go is nigh.

I'm reserving judgement for a couple of weeks yet. I sincerely hope the club are cooking up some serious quantities of humble pie to dish out to certain contributors to this forum.

I'm seething with some of your impudence... I, however, choose to live in hope and not to jump into bed with fear.

Kosh

Beat Birmingham? No chance.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ii think you're missing the point that a lot people are making, and quite spectacularly too. In reality nobody that's sensible is demanding we get promoted by tomorrow, but it becomes a bit hard to swallow when the club are charging Premier League rates, giving PLR statements but providing sub standard players. At the end of the day we share a passion and that is football, and we'd like to see some that decent, the rest of the razzmatazz that goes with it is pretty irrelevant to me, I'll no doubt be accused of being ungrateful and quite frankly I don't care but I'd rather see a good left back than padded seats, a goal scorer than jumbotron screens. I just haven't got the energy for this

Okay... If you look at my original post I refer to making an informed judgement come September. I'll be very concerned, as will countless others, if by then we have signed little or no proven or indeed 'real' potential quality. My major gripe is the astonishing negativity regarding the current squad i.e. I hope we lose a competitive game just to show the board how bad things are. Listen; I'm far from impressed that we've not bought in the quality we all desire, but I am prepared to accept the clubs reasons with regard to their transfer window approach. Time will tell... As for ill-informed people claiming the club is in financial meltdown I say again WTF?!? and where is the actual proof?!? Christ we'll be reading tea leaves next.

Kosh

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Having sat on wobbly metal scaffolding in the wind and rain, the glass is still very close to full! There is a generational thing here. There is a stoicism which only comes from living through a few ups and a few downs and it cannot be taught to [or expected from] someone who has only lived in good times.
The sheer arrogance and incorrect generalisation in this post beggars belief.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Awful reading. Awful. I'm utterly aghast by the innumerate negative threads, the seeming capitulation in terms of support. I'll Judge the club (squad) in September, which I think is fair enough but now?!? I'm staggered.

Some of the laughable contributions during last nights match thread were utterly depressing, people hoping we'd lose to "wake up the suits etc." WTF?!? I don't get it, the three B's have laid down the marker i.e. the end of the transfer window is when to judge the squad, do you think we can we give it more than 2 competitive games before we throw the toys out?!?

God help us all if we don't utterly demolish the Brum this weekend, because nothing short of a resounding 5-0 will seemingly do.

I especially loathe the "the club are in deep financial trouble" statement and the "fire sale" comments, yep £8M for an untested top level striker and £3M for a guy who plays once a month constitutes a clear panic sale mentality . Often it's when to sell that is the key to long term success, Ulloa wanted to go as I suspect has Mr Buckley, especially since Gus rocked up at Sunderland. The time to let the Gus era go is nigh.

I'm reserving judgement for a couple of weeks yet. I sincerely hope the club are cooking up some serious quantities of humble pie to dish out to certain contributors to this forum.

I'm seething with some of your impudence... I, however, choose to live in hope and not to jump into bed with fear.

Kosh

Phew! a reasonable post at last! Thank you :) Even if we don't sign 4 internationals in the next 2 weeks !

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
To be honest i don't give 2 hoots what Mr Bloom has invested into the club, why?

Because Mr Bloom has invested in the infrastructure of the club, Because the club has a fantastic Stadium and a Fantastic Academy that makes the club worth as much as the investment Mr Bloom has made over the years, one day he will walk away with his money back in his pocket, he will never be skint like the average fan feels at the end of every month, when we scrape together enough cash for that long trip up north in the wind and rain to watch our team in the darkest nights of December.

However having a magical kingdom does not create long term sustainability without joe public, Ask disneyland how long they will last without people visiting their park!

People want to see a competitive team end of.

That's what every single fan in the country pays for, not to watch it stripped of its best players and not replaced.

I am 110% confident that come the 1st of September we will not have any more than 3 players from now and not one of them will make us sit up and go wow didn't see that one coming.

But will you still "scrape together enough cash for that long trip up north in the wind and rain to watch our team in the darkest nights of December?"

I suspect you will :)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The sheer arrogance and incorrect generalisation in this post beggars belief.

Absolutely!

Why is this poster arrogant?

Surely he is just saying he is happier now than in the past and putting a sense of reality into some of the hysterical posts recently. We are not a big club yet!

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
But will you still "scrape together enough cash for that long trip up north in the wind and rain to watch our team in the darkest nights of December?"

I suspect you will :)

Yes i did last season, the last one being Blackburn on a week night to watch a crazy 3-3 draw!

But i won't be doing it this season as i don't feel i will get value for money watching the current team at present.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here