Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC so far this season errmm this week.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How much time & money have you committed to the Albion? I would say it's a drop in the ocean compared to what Tony Bloom has put in.
Is he panicking? He wasn't when I saw him last week. He also said he would like us to get in the top six and that supporters would be pleased with the player we get in by the end of the transfer window.

I think that is fairly clear. Let's wait and see.

Good to have reassurances from somebody with such close personal ties with TB. However, may I remind you that Mr. Bloom is a world class poker player, and even if he was in a panic, neither you nor anybody else would be able to detect an inkling of it.

And by the way, I think we all already knew he's spent more on the club than any of us.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Some posters love nothing more than to have a good moan, so they are in their element at the moment with what they perceive is a difficult situation. I saw posts in the match thread hoping that we would lose last night to teach the board a lesson. What??

Instead of bed wetters, I think we should have a spoon award for the most stirring done by a poster because there is a fair bit of stirring going on too.

View attachment 57281
Why the hell our people disliking that? To avoid the truth? This comes to mind... http://youtu.be/3O1_3zBUKM8

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
How much time & money have you committed to the Albion? I would say it's a drop in the ocean compared to what Tony Bloom has put in.
Is he panicking? He wasn't when I saw him last week. He also said he would like us to get in the top six and that supporters would be pleased with the player we get in by the end of the transfer window.

It's all relative though isn't it, perhaps for Spadge and many others commiting £500+ per season for a ticket to watch football is a massive drain on finances. We all know Tony has spent millions and millions but that's because he's a multi millionaire, to disregard the average fans financial input is quite frankly ****ing rude.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good to have reassurances from somebody with such close personal ties with TB. However, may I remind you that Mr. Bloom is a world class poker player, and even if he was in a panic, neither you nor anybody else would be able to detect an inkling of it.

And by the way, I think we all already knew he's spent more on the club than any of us.

Ha ha - close personal ties. I was at the Fans Forum and heard what he said, as could anyone who listened.

boik

The issue with waiting til sept to evaluate the squad is the transfer window shuts in August. Bloom doesn't like loans generally and they should be used to supplement what we have!!

How long did it take to sign Leo, or some of our other past buys? We didn't get told every step along the way and yet now people are saying "We must be told - the lack of information is awful". These are tricky negotiations that should be done in near secret to avoid problems. Why can't people just be patient and cheer the team on in the meantime instead of just criticising every single aspect of the club they "support".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's all relative though isn't it, perhaps for Spadge and many others commiting £500+ per season for a ticket to watch football is a massive drain on finances. We all know Tony has spent millions and millions but that's because he's a multi millionaire, to disregard the average fans financial input is quite frankly ****ing rude.

That's not what I meant and you know it. I am a pensioner so well aware of how much financial outlay is compared to my income. We lost 14 million in the last financial statement to the League. That meant that Tony Bloom was having to pay £1 million every month just to keep the club running.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That's not what I meant and you know it. I am a pensioner so well aware of how much financial outlay is compared to my income. We lost 14 million in the last financial statement to the League. That meant that Tony Bloom was having to pay £1 million every month just to keep the club running.

If that's not what you meant why are still clinging to the same argument. Yes, to be shelling out £1m per month is an obscene amount of money, but as is spending £50 per month for a season ticket for people on a low income or tight finances.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For me, with no inside knowledge, but a highly developed understanding of business and how not to run one into the ground, I say (long term) we face two choices: Gamble and very probably lose or invest cleverly and win. Naturally I'd vote for the latter as I'd like a club to support for life; a club who are financially viable as a business, a club who develop young talent from around the UK and the world and supplement this with one or two quality/realistic additions. If the time it takes to get this up and running is just too much for you to take, then go elsewhere - perhaps a top four premier league club who can satisfy your insatiable need for instantaneous gratification and bugger the financial cost.

Let's not stay in touch.

Kosh

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The fact is the majority of fans - at least if NSC is anything to go by- ARE worried about the lack of signings. If you need evidence of the desperation re our transfer business just look at the staggering 'viewed' figures on the following threads:

Adam Clayton: 113,707 views in just over 6 days

Buckley to Sunderland: 39,679 in 2 1/2 days

Paddy McCourt and AN Other spotted: 6,946 views in 13 hours.

The natives are getting restless...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
For me, with no inside knowledge, but a highly developed understanding of business and how not to run one into the ground, I say (long term) we face two choices: Gamble and very probably lose or invest cleverly and win. Naturally I'd vote for the latter as I'd like a club to support for life; a club who are financially viable as a business, a club who develop young talent from around the UK and the world and supplement this with one or two quality/realistic additions. If the time it takes to get this up and running is just too much for you to take, then go elsewhere - perhaps a top four premier league club who can satisfy your insatiable need for instantaneous gratification and bugger the financial cost.

Let's not stay in touch.

Kosh
Ii think you're missing the point that a lot people are making, and quite spectacularly too. In reality nobody that's sensible is demanding we get promoted by tomorrow, but it becomes a bit hard to swallow when the club are charging Premier League rates, giving PLR statements but providing sub standard players. At the end of the day we share a passion and that is football, and we'd like to see some that decent, the rest of the razzmatazz that goes with it is pretty irrelevant to me, I'll no doubt be accused of being ungrateful and quite frankly I don't care but I'd rather see a good left back than padded seats, a goal scorer than jumbotron screens. I just haven't got the energy for this

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011

To be honest i don't give 2 hoots what Mr Bloom has invested into the club, why?

Because Mr Bloom has invested in the infrastructure of the club, Because the club has a fantastic Stadium and a Fantastic Academy that makes the club worth as much as the investment Mr Bloom has made over the years, one day he will walk away with his money back in his pocket, he will never be skint like the average fan feels at the end of every month, when we scrape together enough cash for that long trip up north in the wind and rain to watch our team in the darkest nights of December.

However having a magical kingdom does not create long term sustainability without joe public, Ask disneyland how long they will last without people visiting their park!

People want to see a competitive team end of.

That's what every single fan in the country pays for, not to watch it stripped of its best players and not replaced.

I am 110% confident that come the 1st of September we will not have any more than 3 players from now and not one of them will make us sit up and go wow didn't see that one coming.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Having sat on wobbly metal scaffolding in the wind and rain, the glass is still very close to full! There is a generational thing here. There is a stoicism which only comes from living through a few ups and a few downs and it cannot be taught to [or expected from] someone who has only lived in good times.
The sheer arrogance and incorrect generalisation in this post beggars belief.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011

Let's not stay in touch.

Kosh

I am bored of hearing about this grow you own crap.

Do you not realize than when we become a top league one/bottom championship side regardless of our position our best players will be even easier for other teams to sign?

The parachute payments will allow clubs to pay 10/20k a week on wages whilst we wont be able to afford to pay £5k.

Stuck in a vicious circle pumping kids out to stay financially alive.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be honest i don't give 2 hoots what Mr Bloom has invested into the club, why?

Because Mr Bloom has invested in the infrastructure of the club, Because the club has a fantastic Stadium and a Fantastic Academy that makes the club worth as much as the investment Mr Bloom has made over the years, one day he will walk away with his money back in his pocket, he will never be skint like the average fan feels at the end of every month, when we scrape together enough cash for that long trip up north in the wind and rain to watch our team in the darkest nights of December.

However having a magical kingdom does not create long term sustainability without joe public, Ask disneyland how long they will last without people visiting their park!

People want to see a competitive team end of.

That's what every single fan in the country pays for, not to watch it stripped of its best players and not replaced.

I am 110% confident that come the 1st of September we will not have any more than 3 players from now and not one of them will make us sit up and go wow didn't see that one coming.

You have spectacularly missed the point. I wasn't referring to the wonderful stadium or academy. Tony Bloom was having to fork out £1 million a month to run the club last season, on top of all the income from fans. Staff and bills need paying all the time.

I personally think that there should be a wage cap for players.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The more and more dealings I have with the club, the more inept they seem to be. From the catering to the slogan to the running down of the first team. I don't blame people for being negative. It's been a while since the club have given supporters something to shout about.

I agree with this and wanted to thumbs up but missed the button, sry!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I understand your point Spadge, but from Bloom's point of view he splashed the cash under Gus and it didn't work, now we have to go down the Academy Category 1 route to "grow our own". That has cost a hell of a lot of money, but that sum cannot be underestimated. But it's built now.

I wouldn't have a problem if the club said we have to trouser, say, £10 million of the £15million-odd received for Bridcutt, Barnes, Ulloa and Buckley for FFP purposes. The problem is we have PLR / One Club, One Ambition on the one hand, and a player fire sale on the other.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
You have spectacularly missed the point. I wasn't referring to the wonderful stadium or academy. Tony Bloom was having to fork out £1 million a month to run the club last season, on top of all the income from fans. Staff and bills need paying all the time.

I personally think that there should be a wage cap for players.

Ahh my bad.

So we broke even then and didn't post a loss as Mr Bloom covered this himself?

I can sleep easy know that has been confirmed 100%

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
I understand your point Spadge, but from Bloom's point of view he splashed the cash under Gus and it didn't work, now we have to go down the Academy Category 1 route to "grow our own". That has cost a hell of a lot of money, but that sum cannot be underestimated. But it's built now.

I wouldn't have a problem if the club said we have to trouser, say, £10 million of the £15million-odd received for Bridcutt, Barnes, Ulloa and Buckley for FFP purposes. The problem is we have PLR / One Club, One Ambition on the one hand, and a player fire sale on the other.

How much did he splash under Gus?

We received a health fee for Bennett which i believe paid for CMS and Buckley. Who else did he splash out on?

Did it supersede the £3 million for Bridcutt and the £8 million for Ulloa and the £3 Million we want for Buckley?

£14 Million in total, did he spend £14 million on players under Gus? Are we now paying back that dept?

Even though there is no dept owed to the Chairman as i believe any dept has been converted into shares, can somebody confirm this or correct me if i am wrong?

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011

The Academy will only work along side investment in the team.

Look at Southampton, The players that have left this summer given them a tasty windfall are not all from there academy. But then they have still replaced players! Pelle, Tadic, Taider, Forster and Bertrand on loan.

In comparison they have spent 25% of what they received in fees

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here