Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] NSC slow?

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Is anyone who is experiencing "slowness" getting it on a laptop/desktop device, or is only on phones/tablets?
So far, it has only been NSC on my phone and iPad, other stuff like Amazon, banking etc are working perfectly.
Just tried NSC on Mrs J's iPad (without signing in) and it was good on both Safari and Chrome.
On a laptop at the moment and working perfectly.

Jimmy Grimble

Been terrible for me on iPhone using Safari the last couple days.

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
Yep, really irritating on my iPad. Screen freezing and half loading the page when scrolling.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Mines been terrible all day no matter what Internet wifi etc I’m on - anyone else?

Keeps freezing etc.

Not sure if it’s anything to do with the adverts at the bottom but small hunch says it may be as keeps happening when they appear…

Thanks
its not just me then! on mobile, you type a word, then it takes about 15 secs for characters to appear, happened few times last few days, thought it was my phone.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Been like it since the adverts appeared. It means I spend less time on here now.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Is anyone who is experiencing "slowness" getting it on a laptop/desktop device, or is only on phones/tablets?
So far no issue with laptop, only phone.... in saying that, this message is written on phone and its fine rn..... has been pig slow, like almost frozen a few times on phone in recent days.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just to say that my problems, reported above, have now gone completely.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That was about 20 years ago, give or take.
Sorry! I meant the new pop ups. Really annoying, but I do understand why they’re necessary. If you know a fix to make my nsc experience better I’m all ears.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Yep, had delays recently on iPhone, though seems slightly better right now.

Still hoping for an ad-free “donate direct to the site” option at some point. The issue seems intermittent, but did seem linked to the change of ad in the wavy line thing at the bottom of the screen.

Interestingly, it’s gone back to just being an empty wavy line on my iPhone now, still visually distracting as it bobs about, but no ad being served.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Seems ok now…….
No idea what the ‘wavy line’ is people are talking about :shrug:
This wavy line … it doesn’t bother me too much. Certainly not enough to stop me having my NSC fix 😆

D45CB5F8-BB27-465B-9A9E-F074101948A3.jpeg

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Just to add confusion to chaos, it’s happening for me, but only on iPad, and only when using Edge browser. With Safari it’s fine. That contradicts others.

Without any hard evidence to back it up, I agree that I think it’s something to do with the ads. It’s almost as if there’s a rogue advert that’s very slow to load and locking the page until it does. That (or those) ads are maybe only being called on Edge (for me) because of my Edge history, whilst on Safari they’re not. Other people will have a different manifestation of the problem due to their history on their various browsers. Just an idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here