Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC slow like a very slow thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Anyone else finding the forum loading very slow today? Borderline impossible to navigate or post stuff.

Edit: Seems to work fine on the phone but not on computer... might just be my machinery f***ing up then

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Always slow to load for me but I think it needs Chrome, which my iPad is too old to have, could be wrong...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Works fast both on computer and phone when I'm not logged in and slow on both when I'm logged in so can only assume I'm now an "Discouraged user" (Xenforo function) which is essentially a way of banning someone without taking any responsibility for it. Cheap arse move, though certainly works. But ffs have some balls and press the feckin ban button instead.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Works fast both on computer and phone when I'm not logged in and slow on both when I'm logged in so can only assume I'm now an "Discouraged user" (Xenforo function) which is essentially a way of banning someone without taking any responsibility for it.
I really don't see the mods as the sort of people who'd bother with that.
Cheap arse move, though certainly works.
Evidently not.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Given the amount of completely unwarranted grief you take on here, coupled with the fact you enjoy your weed, I can understand an element of paranoia creeping in.

However, I’d recommend a full clear of the browser cache on phone and desktop, and checking you haven’t got a couple of hundred browser tabs open (Safari on iPhone seems particularly prone to opening a new tab every time)

I’ve seen nothing to suggest the mods would act so poorly, I suspect they’ve enough on their plates with it being match day, and as far as I can tell, only Bozza manages the technical stuff.

chickens

NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Only other thought:- I’ve noticed that Xenforo (unless you change the setting) automatically adds each thread you post in to your “watched threads”.

A bit of a long shot, but might be worth removing a bunch of dormant threads from your watched thread list and seeing if there’s any improvement.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I really don't see the mods as the sort of people who'd bother with that.

Evidently not.

Given the amount of completely unwarranted grief you take on here, coupled with the fact you enjoy your weed, I can understand an element of paranoia creeping in.

However, I’d recommend a full clear of the browser cache on phone and desktop, and checking you haven’t got a couple of hundred browser tabs open (Safari on iPhone seems particularly prone to opening a new tab every time)

I’ve seen nothing to suggest the mods would act so poorly, I suspect they’ve enough on their plates with it being match day, and as far as I can tell, only Bozza manages the technical stuff.
It is definitely the "Discourage" feature included in the Xenforo forum. Loading a page usually taking minutes, getting randomly getting error messages... parts of the feature. Clearing the cache and so forth has no impact.

@Bozza, ban me instead. You're too good for this kind of horseshit.

chickens

NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
It is definitely the "Discourage" feature included in the Xenforo forum. Loading a page usually taking minutes, getting randomly getting error messages... parts of the feature. Clearing the cache and so forth has no impact.

@Bozza, ban me instead. You're too good for this kind of horseshit.

Massively disappointing if so, hope there is another explanation. Wouldn’t expect a response during the match though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If I wanted to ban you, I'd ban you.

Faced with a whole host of people getting pissed off with you suffocating threads with your sarcastic pontificating, I took the easy option available to me to get you to just slow down a bit, as I didn't have time to spend on a more elegant solution.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Anyone else finding the forum loading very slow today? Borderline impossible to navigate or post stuff.

Edit: Seems to work fine on the phone but not on computer... might just be my machinery f***ing up then
Do you find everytime you type Potter, does it come up as pepperoni???

chickens

NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
@Bozza, sorry bud, Swansman gets baited and frankly bullied on here, and in siding with the bullies I feel you’re on the wrong side of this one.

I appreciate it’s your board and you can run it however you want, but this feels all kinds of wrong.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
@Bozza, sorry bud, Swansman gets baited and frankly bullied on here, and in siding with the bullies I feel you’re on the wrong side of this one.

I appreciate it’s your board and you can run it however you want, but this feels all kinds of wrong.
What a load of nonsense.

However, I also don't agree with the tactics (although it is funny tbh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here