Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC has sponsored Butters shirt

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I dont see whats wrong with my resoponse, and f*** is hardly that much of an expletive is now? Pretty commonly used in general language by many many people.

You can have an opinion but you are trying to accuse people who have put their hands in their pockets to help the club hypocrites for sponsoring a player who wears the stripes, go figure!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I wasn't trying trying, I did, but not for helping the club though. I'm sorry you didn't get my point. Perhaps you should 'go figure'.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm sorry but I am not supporting a player that has put in f*** all effort for this club and has basically taken the piss. The guy has nearly taken Quarter of a million pounds yes a QUARTER OFA MILLION POUNDS (read it out loud) from this club, and has put in about 2 competent performances. Sorry I don't give a f*** about the players confidence, efforts, he's had upteem chances and he's blown them as far as I'm concerned.

Bad choice Bozza.

I will happily donate money to any NSC causes but I will not be involved with this out of principle.:angry: :angry:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Dwayne. Any money you contribute would go on another player as we've payed for Butters. Still looking to sponsor an away shirt or something. At the end of the day you're giving money to the club, not the player.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
yes I did say I would contribute.

I feel there are other ways to give money to the club.

anyways...if NSC are going for a good player/tryer then count me in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was not my choice - but the choice of those who have contributed.

I'm happy to go with the flow as, above, the money goes to the club regardless which player it is said it is directed at.

And if anyone else, dwayne or otherwise, contributes - your money will not be going towards Guy Butters - that landmark has been reached - it will hopefully allow us to sponsor another shirt as well.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well done MM for putting your money into the club. Butters was largely an irrelevant sideshow last season, but now things have changed and we need him

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Please read the thread - it has been updated nearly every day.

Organising this is not easy. Organising this as well as doing the mailing list sponsorship is a bloody nightmare.

Apologies if anyone disagrees - I don't have time to canvass each person individually and the club were running out of people for us to sponsor.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely the money all goes into the same bank account at the club, so squabbling as to which player we nominally sponsor is childish

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
dwayne said:
I'm sorry but I am not supporting a player that has put in f*** all effort for this club and has basically taken the piss. The guy has nearly taken Quarter of a million pounds yes a QUARTER OFA MILLION POUNDS (read it out loud) from this club, and has put in about 2 competent performances. Sorry I don't give a f*** about the players confidence, efforts, he's had upteem chances and he's blown them as far as I'm concerned.

Bad choice Bozza.

I will happily donate money to any NSC causes but I will not be involved with this out of principle.:angry: :angry:

I disagree Dwayne.

He has put in effort.

As you probably know better than most people you cannot change your shape overnight. He has tried extremely hard to get into shape and has been the model professional.

He has put in some good performance(s?) this year and I have every confidence that he will continue to do so when asked.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:

Organising this is not easy. Organising this as well as doing the mailing list sponsorship is a bloody nightmare.

Apologies if anyone disagrees - I don't have time to canvass each person individually and the club were running out of people for us to sponsor.

This is true. It was started back in June and because people have taken their time in paying up we have missed out on some players.

We could have had Knight.

Thanks Bozza for organising it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
fatboy said:
I disagree Dwayne.

He has put in effort.

As you probably know better than most people you cannot change your shape overnight. He has tried extremely hard to get into shape and has been the model professional.

He has put in some good performance(s?) this year and I have every confidence that he will continue to do so when asked.

I don't know how fit he is and by looking at him I cannot tell.

BUT...

if he simple wanted to go from 16-14 stone

he could do it in 2/3 months (he has had approx 12 months!!!)

losing weight is EASY!!! (especially for an "athlete")

Putting ON quality weight is hard.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
Bozza said:

Easy for you to say when you're holding the kitty. Wonder how you'd've felt if the decision had been taken out of your hands......

All you had to do was organise a poll for those who'd contributed. Shouldn't have been too hard. I doubt there are more than 40 of us.

For those of us that don't have the opportunity to read the thread every day (when it often deviated from the original point so why should we wade through childish banter?) it would have been respectful to ask those of us that had contributed.

Thought this was supposed to be a democratic decision..............

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's all well and good saying that - but we can NOT expect the club to 'reserve' players for us for as long as this has taken to sort out.

I could not commit to the club that we'd take a sponsorship out 100% because I was not going to stump up the cash for all those that may not have paid.

Money has trickled in and we now have enough - the club have had to 'let go' players that we would have liked to have had because the money was so slow in coming in and there was no guarantee we'd be able to take them up.

Butters was suggested by a contributor, certainly not me, and received positive feedback from most (or possibly all) those who posted to the thread.

Believe me - I'd rather not be 'holding the kitty' - the amount of time I have to spend trying to detect who an anonymous payment that has turned up in my bank account is from, running to and from the bank with cheques - it's not a glamorous job. I get nothing out of it personally. The aim is just to raise a bit more cash for the club.

If I'd organised a poll, with a list of options - the chances are that some of those options would have been gone by the time the poll was concluded given that it seems I would have had to wait for most/all of the contributors to find the poll, decide and then vote. What would we do then - hold another poll of the remaining options etc etc.

I'm sorry you feel hard done by. The obvious solution is you run this next season and show us how it should be done. If you want your money back - let me know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here