Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC has sponsored Butters shirt

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If we sponsored it by the inch, we all better take out a mortgage!!!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm so proud :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Good.

Hopefully it will help soothe his hurt feelings :lolol: ;)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does that mean you get to meet him if NSC sponsors a game?

Rather you than me....;)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
People have criticised him, but they still want him to do well, there is a difference. We would rather be praising him, and he got a fair hearing after his performance against Luton

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Oh I'm sorry, I'm sure we are talking about the guy who was pretty much unanimously slated on here and who even had a whole thread of jokes and poems devoted to the subject. The guy who is alledgedly the highest earner at the club and who was so unfit he couldn't get a game for 10 months. But now you lot have got all dewey eyed and embarrassed because it hit the papers and have sponsored him because no one else was available. Sorry, I stand by original statement, HYPOCRITES THE LOT OF YA.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
NSC is full of individuals. Some people deffinatly gave him stick. That doesn't mean that those who have contributed to sponsoring his shirt gave him stick. At the Crawley game behind the goal he got some stick from a few NSCers. Safeway for one - he'll tell you that I said I wouldn't criticise him. You're generalising.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just out of interest Monster Munch, how much did you contribute to the sponsorship fund?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Some people on here gave him some stick because as a professional athlete he wasn't behaving in a professional way.

His standard was below par. Fans expressed their opinions, which they are entitled to do.

He has trained and got himself fit and is now being selected because of injury.

Fans have also donated money to sponsor a kit. Butters hasn't got a sponsor so the fans have decided that this player is the one they want to sponsor.

My post about soothing his hurt feelings has a laugh and a wink beside it. I'm quite happy to sponsor him even though I have said in the past that he has been unprofessional in his attitude.

If that makes me a hypocrite, well so be it.
:)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who we sponsor is, I think, largely immaterial.

What it is about is people putting their hands into their pocket (for the umpteenth time in some cases) to put a bit more money into the club.

A bit more money that will, hopefully, make the Albion a better thing for us all to be involved in.

Any contribution that you, munster monch, or anyone else would like to make would be gratefully received as we might be able to stretch to another shirt.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I gave nothing to it. I have however, sponsored a player's away shirt for the last three years, advertised as an albion friendly business, had a perimeter board and sponsored the odd game and matchball. Doesn't make me any a better fan than anyone else but was my way of giving something back to the club while I could afford it. Sorry if I have offended, it's not the sponsoring of butters, it's the bleeding hearts stuff since the sun article that has sickened me a bit. Pehaps I was generalising but sometimes you shoot from the hip without thinking of everyone

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
So how many of you have been embarrassed into supporting Butters as a direct result of Oatways comments??

Come on, be honest.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
munster monch said:
Oh I'm sorry, I'm sure we are talking about the guy who was pretty much unanimously slated on here and who even had a whole thread of jokes and poems devoted to the subject. The guy who is alledgedly the highest earner at the club and who was so unfit he couldn't get a game for 10 months. But now you lot have got all dewey eyed and embarrassed because it hit the papers and have sponsored him because no one else was available. Sorry, I stand by original statement, HYPOCRITES THE LOT OF YA.

Have you donated any money??? If not then what the f*** has it got to do with you anyway?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Excellent response Danny Boy. You get the prize for the first expletive on the thread, it says more about you than me.

I didn't realise you had to contribute to have an opinion. You must have given a whole 5p judging by the quality of yours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here