Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC fishing thread 2020

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Hi. Where's a good spot for a beginer with a 5 year old?

Been fishing a few times but fancy getting into it a bit and teaching the boy.

Good as time as any right now.

Thanks
May be a bit far but framfield fishery ideal for beginners. I took my nephews there a couple of years back and both caught many carp up to 12lb. I have fished there many times just surface fishing and always have non stop action. Easy to catch float fishing luncheon meat or bread and also surface fishing.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
May be a bit far but framfield fishery ideal for beginners. I took my nephews there a couple of years back and both caught many carp up to 12lb. I have fished there many times just surface fishing and always have non stop action. Easy to catch float fishing luncheon meat or bread and also surface fishing.
Nice one [emoji106]

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Two short trips down the Adur spinning for bass but only one missed take.so fatty..
Ironing out my rustiness before it gets serious.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Love this sort of fishing...all the tackle and bait you need in a carrier bag, minimal stuff, short evening sessions. Proper fishing.

Exactly that. Not got much enthusiasm at the moment for carting a hundredweight of gear across the field and sitting on a nice box with a couple of grands worth of pole and a dazzling array of baits. Would undoubtedly catch more but back to basics is good enough for now. Can’t wait for the season proper to start and do the same on the rivers.....love roaming the banks moving from swim to swim.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
The chub were spawning on my stretch of the H. Avon yesterday, a couple of the females were easily over 8lbs.

There’s a decent run of salmon as well at the moment, there have been 5 banked since Wednesday and just as many lost.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Two short trips down the Adur spinning for bass but only one missed take.so fatty..
Ironing out my rustiness before it gets serious.

Without giving away your favourite marks, how far upriver do you tend to get the bass, and where do club-controlled stretches start ? I’ve done a lot of coarse fishing upriver but do fancy a bit of lure fishing and possibly going after some mullet.......

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The chub were spawning on my stretch of the H. Avon yesterday, a couple of the females were easily over 8lbs.

There’s a decent run of salmon as well at the moment, there have been 5 banked since Wednesday and just as many lost.

Fantastic.......day ticket stretch by any chance ? Would be v interested in a booking.....

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Without giving away your favourite marks, how far upriver do you tend to get the bass, and where do club-controlled stretches start ? I’ve done a lot of coarse fishing upriver but do fancy a bit of lure fishing and possibly going after some mullet.......

Have only been in Shoreham town so far but will travel inland from now on if after bass. Lots of mulllet up at Arundel now dazzer.

Jan 30, 2008
Went too Ardingly reservoir last Sunday ,planned on fishing Balcombe arm , wrong move, got there 7.15am and there were around a dozen vehicles parked up
Ended up down at the causeway and to cut a long story short struggled
Spoke to another angler who said there were loads of eastern Europeans down the arm in the wooded section, some of them spinning lures? I guess they had all paid in advance and were in possession of a valid rod licence ?
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
Please don’t think that’s something to aspire to, anyone can bag up on a commercial water.

Your desire to just catch anything including tiddlers suggests you are my kind of angler. If you care to PM me I’ll hopefully sort you out a bit of special fishing.

I wasn't fishing a commercial :rolleyes: ,have you fished a commercial in the winter ???
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
Exactly that. Not got much enthusiasm at the moment for carting a hundredweight of gear across the field and sitting on a nice box with a couple of grands worth of pole and a dazzling array of baits. Would undoubtedly catch more but back to basics is good enough for now. Can’t wait for the season proper to start and do the same on the rivers.....love roaming the banks moving from swim to swim.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...MIsfuyg6LK6QIVyO3tCh0l8gOGEAQYAiABEgJzvPD_BwE
Next month
Regards
DF

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Went too Ardingly reservoir last Sunday ,planned on fishing Balcombe arm , wrong move, got there 7.15am and there were around a dozen vehicles parked up
Ended up down at the causeway and to cut a long story short struggled
Spoke to another angler who said there were loads of eastern Europeans down the arm in the wooded section, some of them spinning lures? I guess they had all paid in advance and were in possession of a valid rod licence ?
Regards
DF

They have a lot of recipes for pike :nono::nono:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I've been a still water fisherman for years. I'd love to give a few rivers a go but no idea how to fish them. Our club has several rivers including the Hamsey weir stretch of the Ouse in Lewes plus a few small er rivers in Twineham and Wineham.

Any tips? I have a decent match, feeder and Barbel rods plus decent reels to match and pretty flexible with tackle.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I wasn't fishing a commercial :rolleyes: ,have you fished a commercial in the winter ???
Regards
DF

My apologies, I thought from your post that you were fishing at Monks. If that’s wrong, can I ask where you were fishing?

As an aside, what has fishing commercials in winter got to do with your trip in late May?

Regards.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I've been a still water fisherman for years. I'd love to give a few rivers a go but no idea how to fish them. Our club has several rivers including the Hamsey weir stretch of the Ouse in Lewes plus a few small er rivers in Twineham and Wineham.

Any tips? I have a decent match, feeder and Barbel rods plus decent reels to match and pretty flexible with tackle.

I started out on still waters and moved to rivers and never looked back. A lot of the rigs you will be using on still waters can be adapted slightly for success on rivers. For example I still use a lot of the same carp rigs when fishing for river carp but adjust to have cage feeders instead of weights and longer traces to allow for increased flow. Float setups can be adjusted for trotting or if you can find a slack part of the river fished as you would on a still water.

Give it a go it’s great fun, travel light so you can roam but have enough tackle to try different things and you will soon be off and running.

Jan 30, 2008

i used to fish the Lewes town centre stretch from malling bridge down to the Brewery, i've had Bream, carp, roach and dace on Groundbait feeder with either bread or maggot on the hook, stick float/ waggler fishing when the water drops is good but i wouldn't go near the place now as i consider it to dangerous with all the bank falls and mud there , under the causeway bridge is the only real solid bit of bank these days although there's a couple of culverts you can get down to but again plenty of mud , had some good fishing up at Hamsey weir years ago when there were some good bream shoals, fished a couple of winter league matches there recently plenty of small stuff to be had, if you're after decent fish you'd be better off fishing corn or worm imho, although its quite narrow up there there's quite a depth down through the middle
regards
DF

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
My apologies, I thought from your post that you were fishing at Monks. If that’s wrong, can I ask where you were fishing?

As an aside, what has fishing commercials in winter got to do with your trip in late May?

Regards.
a club lake near Horam, i was pointing out that commercials aren't a give away in the winter
regards
DF

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here