Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC fishing thread 2020

Jan 30, 2008
Just a heads up that Steve ringer is doing live chats on his facebook/twitter account if anyone's interested in match fishing
Regards
DF

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone planning on getting out for a bit of socially-distanced fishing then ? Going to rejoin my most local club after what must be a 5 year break (lovely lake 10 mins walk from the house), and try a bit of lure fishing on the coast I think and see how things go.....................

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Still can't go to the lakes here at the moment and there's a meeting at the Cymru AA today to decide whether to follow Englands lead or stay locked down for another 3 weeks in regards to Angling , i'm very lucky that i can walk to the Beach 20 yards away and fish for a couple of hours if i want but even if our lakes do open in wales apparently you can only visit them if you're within walking distance , it's a bit messy but Angling is probably one of the few sports where social distancing can easily be observed .

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Anyone planning on getting out for a bit of socially-distanced fishing then ? Going to rejoin my most local club after what must be a 5 year break (lovely lake 10 mins walk from the house),.

Hassocks and District?

I'm going to let it settle a bit (and warm up) Dying to get my carp stuff out but will wait.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I only started fishing last year and with beginners luck caught a 7.5kg red tail catfish.
I'm only just getting started again this year and the river close by also has peacock bass.
I'm looking to invest in a boat to go further into the river.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hassocks and District?

I'm going to let it settle a bit (and warm up) Dying to get my carp stuff out but will wait.

I was with both Hassocks and H Heath for years (mostly for the matches at the time)................I wish they'd merge though as between them they'd have a great set of waters. I'll probably join H Heath for now as Valebridge Pond is minutes away and great for a few hours dabbling - if I get more time I'll possibly join both though.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I am ready to go, just waiting for my usual lakes to reopen which they will be doing over the next couple of weeks.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyone planning on getting out for a bit of socially-distanced fishing then ? Going to rejoin my most local club after what must be a 5 year break (lovely lake 10 mins walk from the house), and try a bit of lure fishing on the coast I think and see how things go.....................

I had a pop with the Bass lures at dawn today, no joy though. Where do you think you want to try lure fishing ? I ask because Brighton along to Littlehampton way is suffering the annual May Rot, an algal bloom which discolours and deoxygenates the inshore waters rendering it fairly useless until it clears.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I had a pop with the Bass lures at dawn today, no joy though. Where do you think you want to try lure fishing ? I ask because Brighton along to Littlehampton way is suffering the annual May Rot, an algal bloom which discolours and deoxygenates the inshore waters rendering it fairly useless until it clears.

Thanks - hadn't given it that much thought yet..........how far along the coast will that be an issue - presumably all of it ? I haven't tried lure fishing locally at all so it'll be a bit experimental anyway. Needs to warm up a bit before I'll do any carp stalking too - v chilly breeze today.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thanks - hadn't given it that much thought yet..........how far along the coast will that be an issue - presumably all of it ? I haven't tried lure fishing locally at all so it'll be a bit experimental anyway. Needs to warm up a bit before I'll do any carp stalking too - v chilly breeze today.

It usually starts thinning out by Bognor way. I fished Selsey this morning at dawn and the water clarity was fine.... no fish though Doh ! It should be mostly gone when the next Spring tides come and wash it away, about 10 days time.

Edit : Forgot to add, Brighton Marina open for fishing from 9am Thursday, within the limits/rules of social distancing etc. Probably going to have to limit the numbers though !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It usually starts thinning out by Bognor way. I fished Selsey this morning at dawn and the water clarity was fine.... no fish though Doh ! It should be mostly gone when the next Spring tides come and wash it away, about 10 days time.

Edit : Forgot to add, Brighton Marina open for fishing from 9am Thursday, within the limits/rules of social distancing etc. Probably going to have to limit the numbers though !

Thanks - useful. I can equally easily go East of Brighton from here too so may go that way. TBH after so long not fishing (apart from a few sessions on holidays) I'd just be happy to wet a line - seeing a fish would be a bonus ! Every time I've been to the Marina in Spring/Summer seems to have been mobbed with people trying to take home hundredweights of mackerel in binbags and huge buckets - I'd rather catch them singly on light gear than factory-fish them on feathers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thanks - useful. I can equally easily go East of Brighton from here too so may go that way. TBH after so long not fishing (apart from a few sessions on holidays) I'd just be happy to wet a line - seeing a fish would be a bonus ! Every time I've been to the Marina in Spring/Summer seems to have been mobbed with people trying to take home hundredweights of mackerel in binbags and huge buckets - I'd rather catch them singly on light gear than factory-fish them on feathers.

I'm with you on that. Sadly they allow this slaughter to go on year after year, if I want some mackerel for smoking and freezing I try to get there early morning and once I get a builders bucketful, about 30-40, then I'm off home to get them filleted and brined. Either that or I use small metal lures and have some fun and take maybe a dozen for souseing or just filleting and grilling.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm with you on that. Sadly they allow this slaughter to go on year after year, if I want some mackerel for smoking and freezing I try to get there early morning and once I get a builders bucketful, about 30-40, then I'm off home to get them filleted and brined. Either that or I use small metal lures and have some fun and take maybe a dozen for souseing or just filleting and grilling.

That’s a smashing post veg. I reckon you have become the Jack Hargreaves of NSC. I mean that in a nice way.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That’s a smashing post veg. I reckon you have become the Jack Hargreaves of NSC. I mean that in a nice way.

I will tell you a story when I next meet you IRL, it's a lovely story about Jack, not at all controversial or dodgy either. Which is rather nice after the last few years !

Jan 30, 2008
34 carp today for a weight of just over 100lb luncheon meat and banded pellet doing the Buisness, also queues to get into monks fishery in Kent this morning , the biggest participated sport in the country is back !
Regards
DF

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
34 carp today for a weight of just over 100lb luncheon meat and banded pellet doing the Buisness, also queues to get into monks fishery in Kent this morning , the biggest participated sport in the country is back !
Regards
DF

Nice - they must have been starving without a regular supply of bait going in. Easy day :thumbsup:

H Heath reporting new membership cards will be delayed because of volumes :lolol::lolol: Fishing is the new walking

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
From September 3rd if you like your fishing and your heavy metal! By all accounts his main love is going for big carp. 9780753554074.jpg

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Lad i work with is a baliff at a local lake ,they opened up today .42 swims nicely distanced,not my cup of tea but it's has made him a bit more bearable to work with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here