Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC. Can YOU tell stupid Mejona what is wrong with my car?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
have you tried turning it off and on again?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
just remember every time the mechanic sucks his teen, that will put another £50 on the bill.

Does sound like the selector unit. Depending on the car, two hours to fit.

Try the garage opposite our office.

We are convinced as soon as you turn into their road the bill starts at £200. Every MOT fails and when you get a quote elsewhere it is normally half the price.

They have lost all business from our office.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm going to a garage near my work. The reason I've selected it? It's downhill from my office so I can roll in like that sketch from Candid Camera

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Sounds like your big end's gone.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I bet your car is FRENCH.

NOT QUITE.

I just took it down to the garage after having to pull away on the town's busiest roundabout in 3rd gear and nearly pooping me panties.

The mechanic was helpful and informed me he could "smell the clutch". Thanks BUDDY.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
NOT QUITE.

I just took it down to the garage after having to pull away on the town's busiest roundabout in 3rd gear and nearly pooping me panties.

The mechanic was helpful and informed me he could "smell the clutch". Thanks BUDDY.

If the clutch has gone, get quotes.

When it went on my previous car (which was killing trees as a side line), the difference in some quotes was unbelievable.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If the clutch has gone, get quotes.

Sorry, my previous post was misleading.

The clutch is fine, it's just I've been pulling away from traffic lights and roundabouts all in 3rd so it smelt pretty strong by the time I arrived at the garage.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's best not to know anything. Usually if you try to help out a mechanic, by giving a hint.............. Seems like the flange has come of the trundle nut etc. The grumpy ones say. " Do you want to fix it then? Which is the complete opposite of the medical profession who usually greet you with, " What seems to be the trouble then."

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Ah, that'll be your bilateral trundles mate, the flagwheel's gone topwise so obviously get the clagnuts and spin them until they're 4mm (no further!). Once you've done that you could add a RF-60 if you wanted to lock it right down, but that's optional, as you know with RFs they lose their durability after 2,000 miles or so. Actually, a K-75 might be a better bet. Do you find the crankpin pulls across a bit on long journeys? Or have you got an STV to link? If not I'd get one on there sharpish otherwise the flybelt'll knock the sandpart right out of whack, but you know that, you're not an idiot.

That'll be £2,000. Cheers mate.
This is an obvious lie - at no point did you suck air in through your teeth.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
This would appear to be a very knowledgable and technical response, and worth ever penny

Ah, that'll be your bilateral trundles mate, the flagwheel's gone topwise so obviously get the clagnuts and spin them until they're 4mm (no further!). Once you've done that you could add a RF-60 if you wanted to lock it right down, but that's optional, as you know with RFs they lose their durability after 2,000 miles or so. Actually, a K-75 might be a better bet. Do you find the crankpin pulls across a bit on long journeys? Or have you got an STV to link? If not I'd get one on there sharpish otherwise the flybelt'll knock the sandpart right out of whack, but you know that, you're not an idiot.

I had exactly this diagnosis last week for my hillman imp and the quote was £3000. I'd get your motor booked in asap at that price. Seems a bargain:thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I had exactly this diagnosis last week for my hillman imp and the quote was £3000. I'd get your motor booked in asap at that price. Seems a bargain:thumbsup:

Maybe. But any Hillman Imp still in one piece is a Classic, so like the 1901 is bound to cost extra.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Wrong, its the rotating fluffier valve sensor :D

And cheaper at £1900 :thumbsup:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Don't worry everyone. It's been sorted.

I did ring and they did explain but I kind of switch off at points.....oh look, a bird.

Anyway, I remember the word "snapped" and "groove" to do with my gear selection. Fixed (2 hours after dropping the car off) and all for £51.

Thanks to EVERYONE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here