Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Americas B

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
It's time

12 fantasy squads have made their way to Withdean Stadium for the first ever NSC Albion Fantasy World Cup

The teams are:

Group A:
Spain
Rest of Europe A
Americas B

Group B:
Americas A
Scotland
Asia

Group C:
Rep. Ireland
Netherlands
Wales

Group D:
Africa
France & Belgium
Rest of Europe B

The rules are simple, vote for which line up is best (based on their ALBION CAREERS). Top two from each group progress. Line ups can of course change throughout the tournament so keep the names on the subs bench in your mind. Yes I've been liberal with some of the squads and yes, I've probably forgotten people, get over it.

We'll be starting with Group A

Spain- Managed by Oscar Garcia

A side bursting at the seems with talent with possibly the strongest midfield in the competition. Expect possession, possession and more possession. Options upfront are limited but buoyed by the late call up of Ansu Fati. A lack of options from the bench could cost them further into the competition.

(4-3-3)
GK: Robert Sanchez

RB: Martin Montoya
CB: Bruno
CB: Inigo Calderon
LB: Marc Cucurella

CM: Andrea Orlandi
CM: David Lopez
CM: Vicente

FW: Ansu Fati
FW: Adrian Colunga
FW: Fran Sandaza

Subs: Johnny Dixon, David Rodriguez

Rest of Europe A- Managed by Roberto de Zerbi

Roberto de Zerbi brings this rag tag selection of misfits to Withdean. This is a talented side with an exceptional manager but could a lack of cultural unity be their downfall? Expect to see Casper Ankergren have a part to play as the tournament progresses. They're organised and motivated with a lot of talent. These guys could cause a few upsets.

(3-4-3)
GK: Tomasz Kuszczak

DF: Uwe Hunemeier
DF: Ivar Ingimarsson
DF: Stefan Iovan

DM: Radostin Kishichev
CM: Jakub Moder
CM: Pascal Gross
AM: Joao Texeira

FW: Sergei Gotsmanov
FW: Ashley Barnes
FW: Deniz Undav

Subs: Casper Ankergren, Ezequiel Schelotto, Florin Andone, Markus Suttner, Jiri Skalak

Americas B- Managed by Mauricio Tarrico (player/manager)

A lack of tactical and emotional discipline could be the downfall of Mauricio Tarrico's men in this tournament sadly. "Tanno" brings this slightly dishevelled squad to Withdean with hopes of bossing the midfield and feeding an inconsistent front line very much carried by the mercurial Sir Anthony Rougier. It is unlikely that they'll keep 11 men on the pitch and suspensions and fitness could cost them. Fortunately they have the 100+ capped Tony Meola in goal and will be relying on him to keep the playing sphere out of the score bag at all costs.

(2-5-3)
GK: Tony Meola

DF: Mauricio Tarrico
DF: Sam Adekugbe

CM: Agustin Battipiedi
CM: Therry Racon
CM: Kemy Agustein
CM: Diego Arismendi
CM: Emmanuel Ledesma

FW: Sir Anthony Rougier
FW: Jurgen Locadia
FW: Cristian Baz

Subs: Trevor Benjamin, Chris Birchall, Mark McCammon, David Yeldell, Jurgen Sommer, Tom McGill, Federico Turienzo,

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I suspect Americas B are just happy to be here.

I haven't decided between Spain and Rest of Europe A. I'm leaning towards Europe atm. It's a fairly balanced side with quality throughout although with De Zerbi at the helm I imagine Ankegren will be getting plenty of playing time.

The Vicente/Ansu Fati link up is a mouthwatering prospect though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I see England didn't qualify again then?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I suspect Americas B are just happy to be here.

I haven't decided between Spain and Rest of Europe A. I'm leaning towards Europe atm. It's a fairly balanced side with quality throughout although with De Zerbi at the helm I imagine Ankegren will be getting plenty of playing time.

The Vicente/Ansu Fati link up is a mouthwatering prospect though.

The Spain vs Rest of Europe is an early contender for match of the tournament. I feel de Zerbi would have too much NOUS for Garcia and I think this could be the decider in this group with both sides giving Americas B a good thrashing.

Does make me feel like de Zerbi could have turned Casper into a global superstar if given the chance

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
a midfield 4 of Kishichev, Gross, Moder and Teixeira is MOUTH WATERING

Reactions: A1X

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What a genius idea TS. The classic Sandaza Fati strikeforce.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would argue Europe A suffer from a chronic lack of pace, which could cost them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would argue Europe A suffer from a chronic lack of pace, which could cost them.
Possibly, later in the tournament. But against an even SLOWER midfield of Lopez, Orlandi and Vicente, they'll be fine.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What a genius idea TS. The classic Sandaza Fati strikeforce.
Would have loved to see Ansu Fati's face when he turned up to training to find himself paired with some of the members of that team

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I'd be slightly concerned about Orlandi and Vicente both keeping fit for an entire game, in fact I'd be worried about them both lasting a HALF

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
That Spain team to dry hump both opponents.

Ingmarrson nervously standing with his foot on the ball under instruction from RDZ, , to become a viral meme going worldwide. And not in a good way.

But on the upside for Rest of Europe, Sergei rounding Robbie Sanchez celebrating, then knocking the ball in for a late consolation will win the hearts of the football public.

America's to get the sort of thrashing normally associated with 19th century football

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There will be a BRAWL in at least one of Americas B's games - followed by Tarricco calling his players off the pitch due to a perceived slight. 2/3 reds.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Genius!

And what a tough call.

Love RDZ, but you've got Vicente, Dave, Orlandi, and Cucurella. AND Bruno and Calde! How can I vote against that winning combination.

It's a 5-4 victory to Spain that I'll be logging.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I appreciate England aren't exotic enough, but it would be interesting to see what their squad would be.

Something like;

England - Managed by Graham Potter

GK - Jason Steele - sure there's someone better?

RB - Ben White
CB - Lewis Dunk
CB - Steve Foster
LB - Wayne Bridge

CM - Adam Lallana
CM - Steve Sidwell
CM - Solly March

ST - Bobby Zamora
ST - Glenn Murray
ST - Peter Ward

Brian Horton needs to be in there somewhere? Jimmy Case?

Subs - Adam Webster, Matthew Upson, James Milner, Elliot Bennett, Will Buckley, Danny Welbeck - the squad depth would be insane.

What about Kazenga? Never played for England or DR Congo, so not sure if he ever actually declared for a country?

Sure I've missed some glaring ones from yesteryear.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I'd love to spend time in that Americas B dresssing room. Tarrico and Arismendi constantly going mental, Locadia and Agustein DJing in the corner, the American goalies and Rougier praying together. Sam Adekugbe crying. Glorious

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I appreciate England aren't exotic enough, but it would be interesting to see what their squad would be.

Something like;

England - Managed by Graham Potter

GK - Jason Steele - sure there's someone better?

RB - Ben White
CB - Lewis Dunk
CB - Steve Foster
LB - Wayne Bridge

CM - Adam Lallana
CM - Steve Sidwell
CM - Solly March

ST - Bobby Zamora
ST - Glenn Murray
ST - Peter Ward

Brian Horton needs to be in there somewhere? Jimmy Case?

Subs - Adam Webster, Matthew Upson, James Milner, Elliot Bennett, Will Buckley, Danny Welbeck - the squad depth would be insane.

What about Kazenga? Never played for England or DR Congo, so not sure if he ever actually declared for a country?

Sure I've missed some glaring ones from yesteryear.
I've just added Lualua to the glorious African bench

If there had been room in the tournament I was going to add a "capped England side" but tbh I found it too boring (they probably would have won it)

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Spain top the group through goal difference, with Rest of Europe A finishing second, Americas B last with "nul points".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here