[Other Sport] NSC 6 Nations 2023 Competition

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Here is the final league table after the Ireland 29:16 England match:

sixnations14.png

@Beach Hut got that prediction spot-on.

Congratulations to @Frankie who is the champion after topping the table for quite a while.

Thanks to everyone for taking part and look out for the Rugby World Cup later this year!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ooh two points out for my final prediction.

Ireland deserved winners of the 6 Nations, England have a lot of catching up to do.
England played really well tonight, shame they were hobbled by being down to 14 and then 13. Could have been an absolute cracker of a game

Thanks @brightonbear for doing this :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thank you to The Brighton Bear for administering this fine competitiion for another year.

And congratulations to Frankie for such a convincing win that had us all chasing the game in this final round of matches.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Here is the final league table after the Ireland 29:16 England match:

View attachment 158473

@Beach Hut got that prediction spot-on.

Congratulations to @Frankie who is the champion after topping the table for quite a while.

Thanks to everyone for taking part and look out for the Rugby World Cup later this year!
Thanks for doing this again.
Much appreciated apart from England's performances against France and Scotland.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sorry @Brighton Lines but this ref is a see you next Tuesday. Bloody biased Saffer. I know you hate me calling out refs :lolol:

Very harsh sending off has ruined the game

edit and now the Saffer gives a yellow when it was just a penalty, Hate it when we have South Africans reffing England games, hiding to nothing.

Well done Ireland but you did have a leg up from the ref :angry:
In terms of the player contact itself, it is a 100% red. The issue is the scenario. Problem is they are very harsh on upright tackles these days. It's all a little unfortunate, but I think Peyper was being led by the TMO on this one. The question was whether he had time to adjust. I just don't know on that one. It is sad when these decisions have such an influence on the game.

In other news, I wonder if Ireland have what it takes now for a World Cup win.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In terms of the player contact itself, it is a 100% red. The issue is the scenario. Problem is they are very harsh on upright tackles these days. It's all a little unfortunate, but I think Peyper was being led by the TMO on this one. The question was whether he had time to adjust. I just don't know on that one. It is sad when these decisions have such an influence on the game.

In other news, I wonder if Ireland have what it takes now for a World Cup win.
It’s rugby, people get hurt. FACT. I take your points though.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It’s rugby, people get hurt. FACT. I take your points though.
You should have watched Rugby League as I did in the 1980's & 1990's when I was oop north. Forearm smashes and clothesline tackles every game. Watched Widnes (my local side) when they signed Jonathan Davies from Union. He gave up carrying the ball pretty quickly and started to kick to touch instead.

A great era for RL, went to watch Wigan one weekend with Henry Paul, Jason Robinson, Shaun Edwards, Martin Offiah, Andy Farrell, Scott Quinnell and Va’aiga Tuigamala playing for them. Can't remember who they played but they got thumped. All of the above played in the 1996 Middlesex 7's when Wigan were invited and promptly took apart all of the Union Teams, winning the final vs. Saracens. I wonder what Edwards and Farrell are doing these days?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You should have watched Rugby League as I did in the 1980's & 1990's when I was oop north. Forearm smashes and clothesline tackles every game. Watched Widnes (my local side) when they signed Jonathan Davies from Union. He gave up carrying the ball pretty quickly and started to kick to touch instead.

A great era for RL, went to watch Wigan one weekend with Henry Paul, Jason Robinson, Shaun Edwards, Martin Offiah, Andy Farrell, Scott Quinnell and Va’aiga Tuigamala playing for them. Can't remember who they played but they got thumped. All of the above played in the 1996 Middlesex 7's when Wigan were invited and promptly took apart all of the Union Teams, winning the final vs. Saracens. I wonder what Edwards and Farrell are doing these days?
That is some name dropping :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here