Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now the novelty has worn off would you go back to the Goldstone?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No, it would take 2 trains or a very long bus ride to get to the Goldstone, it's 20 minutes on 1 train to the AMEX from Newhaven.
I like the comfort of the AMEX and the facilities, I still find myself just looking at the AMEX and thinking how lucky we are.

I did love The Goldstone and I saw loads of matches there from a young age, I have loads of happy memories of the place, but my best memories were of the 70s not of how it was when we left.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
What a ridiculous thread
Loved the Goldstone ......Loved my spot in the North Stand...Loved some memorable nights there
But go back.....not a chance

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Well as we are having an entirely hypothetical conversation...

If you could slap The Amex right down in the footprint of what was once the Goldstone then I could at least get to enjoy the approach to the ground through Hove Park.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
For evening games, I'd go back to Withdean let alone the Goldstone. Much easier getting off the train back from London at Preston Park, quick couple of pints in the Preston Park Hotel and a short stroll up the road to the game :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
No, it would take 2 trains or a very long bus ride to get to the Goldstone, it's 20 minutes on 1 train to the AMEX from Newhaven.
I like the comfort of the AMEX and the facilities, I still find myself just looking at the AMEX and thinking how lucky we are.

I did love The Goldstone and I saw loads of matches there from a young age, I have loads of happy memories of the place, but my best memories were of the 70s not of how it was when we left.
:love:
regards
DR

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
With the £100m spent on it, plus the cup final money, why not ? Very easy to get to, steeped in history and better than Toys'r'Us.

Like just say I love visiting places like Fratton Park, Kenilworth Rd and Selhurst (yeah, I know!) Hastings ground is a charm. As soon as these, are others like them are gone, we'll have lost something from the game for good. I expect the Sky Sports brigade to say "good riddance" but hey, I know what I like.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Atmosphere at the Amex is poor in my experience.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd turn up for the second half of Albion 7 Walsall 0

Exactly what I thought of as I was south end of the west stand that evening.

That or the Derby League Cup game, when I was in the North stand.

Happy days, but as others have said, more of a carefree youth than a fabulous stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here