Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Now that Palace have become a selling club .....

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Now that Arron has left I think Wilf will stay , Clubs won’t pay what we would want for him . The offer from Utd was too good to turn down tbh so good luck to the lad . The only problem I have is that I’ve just received a canvas print of Arron executing one of his trademark sliding tackles which was earmarked for the front room above the fireplace . Would it look abit silly or shall I just flog it on eBay?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Now that Arron has left I think Wilf will stay , Clubs won’t pay what we would want for him . The offer from Utd was too good to turn down tbh so good luck to the lad . The only problem I have is that I’ve just received a canvas print of Arron executing one of his trademark sliding tackles which was earmarked for the front room above the fireplace . Would it look abit silly or shall I just flog it on eBay?

Amusing that you are worried that it might be this that makes you look a bit silly :laugh:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Just use the frame as kindling and the print for lining the cats litter tray. Best thing you can do with it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What else would you expect from the bunch of lying thieving SPIVS and DINLOWS who run that shabby rotting carcass of a football club.

I’ll bet Parish was rubbing his bony claws together at getting Wiff back for 7 million quid LESS than he sold him for a few months earlier. Bags a quality PL striker, still in his early 20s, for small change..now scroll forward into the era of oil money transfer fees and the boy is now worth a solid £60 million...

But...”oh shit..thinks Parish....we were too f**king snide to pay what he was worth so took a hefty 25% sell on so we could ring fence the extra money we didn’t spend getting him back for our new...ahem..stadium”

You couldn’t make it up. They’ve now screwed themselves and Zaha. Marvellous scenes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’ll bet Parish was rubbing his bony claws together at getting Wiff back for 7 million quid LESS than he sold him for a few months earlier. Bags a quality PL striker, still in his early 20s, for small change..now scroll forward into the era of oil money transfer fees and the boy is now worth a solid £60 million...

But...”oh shit..thinks Parish....we were too f**king snide to pay what he was worth so took a hefty 25% sell on so we could ring fence the extra money we didn’t spend getting him back for our new...ahem..stadium”

You couldn’t make it up. They’ve now screwed themselves and Zaha. Marvellous scenes.

How much did they buy him back for?

This has gone on so long I'm now curious as to exactly(ish) how much money we're talking about.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
3m finest British quidders.

Ah so if they sold him for £63m (see what I've done there) the breakdown would be:-

palace - £45m
Man Utd - £15m.

Is it really worth holding his feet to the fire for £15m?
Esp when you add in how much his new contracts have cost.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
How much did they buy him back for?

This has gone on so long I'm now curious as to exactly(ish) how much money we're talking about.

Surprising isn’t it. Sell for £10 million, wait a year for Wilf to destroy his chance to play for a massive team, buy him back for three...

Great business there Stevie P. Scrimp on up front payment by accepting a horrendous sell on clause and then bleat when Utd refuse to waive it (who the f*ck would?) and try to pass that cost on to any prospective buyers by grossly inflating his value.

Net result. Unhappy player, feels he is too good for Palace (he is) but prohibitively priced to move due to the incompetence of the chairman. It’s rare that sell on clauses of 25% are attached to established players, in fact I can’t think of another in this category, because a halfway sensible club would ask whether, for the sake of a few million quid, it’s not worth avoiding these massive clauses as they can really come back to bite you on the arris.

Unfortunately for Mr Tumble Parish is a shortsighted barrow boy who thought he was cleverer than Manchester Utd. He isn’t. Oh dear.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Ah so if they sold him for £63m (see what I've done there) the breakdown would be:-

palace - £45m
Man Utd - £15m.

Is it really worth holding his feet to the fire for £15m?
Esp when you add in how much his new contracts have cost.

I guess that depends how much money you need and for what.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

I’m sure the £7 mil that Parish “saved” by agreeing to the massive sell on clause for, easily, his best player was carefully “ring fenced” for S Parish holdings and the massive new stadium he plans for the Croydon all stars.

Or it’s in his sock drawer.

You decide.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You'd think the locals would be asking questions if an entity needed £15m having just been given it's 7th or 8th cheque for over £100,000,000, plus a 'bonus' £100,000,000 from transfers?

Last edited:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
At the end of June ‘18 they had about £45m in net debt, and I think their costs including player amortisation was around 110% of their income. So, unless they are supported by the owners, I guess they need to sell to balance the books. Possibly just not buying anyone else would have been ok. Anyway, selling AWB should have sorted that for them, I doubt they’d clear the loans with it, but they should be in fairly good health. Selling Zaha would give them a big chunk and free up a lot in wages. They could spend a third to a half on a good prospect or two.

My hope is they sell him and the owners take the money.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
When are you going to pay back uncle tony ? The second biggest debt in English football .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
When are you going to pay back uncle tony ? The second biggest debt in English football .

You are the idiot for which the word 'idiot' was invented. Over the years numerous people have answered that question. We all know you are a troll, why on earth are you bothered?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here