Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Now that Palace have become a selling club .....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So when Dunk’s transfer to Leicester is officially announced, will you lot be a selling club ?

Anyone outside of the Top 10 is a selling club in one way or another, it's just that your transfer window has got the "Everything Must Go" feel about it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It would not be fair to call either club a selling club at this stage of the window, even if Palace do sell the two main assets. Its what they do with the income - and what we would do if Dunk did leave and we received a large fee for him. At the end of the window if Palace raise 100 mill selling them both and spend, say, 30 mill then yes it would be confirmed. The concern amongst the few Palace fans i know is that the awful state of the club’s stadium, training facilities and general infrastructure etc.. means that significant funds are needed for things other than the playing side. And that has to be a concern for them. This window will tell us a lot about what Palace currently are.

It may not be fair but hey you can't take a way a mans' hobby, can you? :fishing:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
When and how/why did you meet him?

Would you actually need to meet Wilf to know he’s a wrong un? I can glance at his twitter, check his Instagram and know all I need to know about the bloke.

Actually, just about any press or media comment related to his life, career and mentality screams loudly “I’m a knobber”

Let me illustrate...

1) Sensing his aptitude, Man Utd (under Moyes) believe he can amount to something...Moyes takes the nascent Wilf under his wing and under his roof...but wait...”something” happens in the Moyes homestead..something unrelated to Moyes teenage daughter...Oh no,,Wilf is shunned...”I want to leave leafy Wilmslow-and return to oddity roundaheights with a ridiculous sell on clause and some ginger pubes in my bum fluff beard.” Says our hero.

2) Realising that Ronaldoesque stepovers and a love of theatrical dives paves the way to legendhood Wilf blossoms into the most hated Palace Player since Mark Bright...he single handedly saves the jolly jester men’s record for most penalties awarded once Glenn Murray returns to his spiritual home.

3) alleges referees are not racist but “Wilfist” for not awarding him more penalties than the stupendous amounts he had already bagged. “I’m the most fouled player in the history of the world...and I’m black” sobs Wilf...no one cares.

4) Manages to create an enmity between Palace and Watford...Watford....who hitherto were remarkable for having absolutely no proper rivals to hate...the Watford Mascot creates one of the most magical moments in my life as a soccer fan. I, and everyone else laugh their tits off as a giant cuddly wasp reduces the Wilf to tears. The Watford Mascot is now the most loved and admired wasp on earth.

5) Wilf posts multiple “hints” that he wants to play in the Champions league where referees are unaware of his diligent cheating. “I want to play football with better players than I do now” he says...no one wants him. Even claiming that he was a boyhood fan of all of the top 6 teams since birth fails to convince anyone that he’s worth the £90million desired by a man with silly hair and pointy nose. Manchester United don’t want him because he’s likely to pork the managers children. Oh dear.

6) Wilf decides that, because he’s not good enough, he will not play for England at senior level, he will make himself unavailable for not being selected by opting to play for “cote de ivoire”
He cleverly rules himself out of Palaces annual relegation battle to play in the Um Bongo cup every so often,

7) With his 30s approaching and his simulation being widely known a now desperate Wilf begins to see that this...this season...is really his last chance to move away from his shithouse club and play for a decent team. A chance cruelly denied because his boss has put a price on him far, far, beyond any sane buyers price point. This is done to “compensate”;Palace for their short sighted decision to accept a 25% sell on clause in order to bring the fool back on the cheap from old Trafford.

If Steve Parish wasn’t such a greedy tool Wilf would be getting on Liverpool or Spurs team bus this week...but no. Wilf is in Croydon, crying into his slush puppy, listening to reggae in his Matt Black Bentley.

Tit.

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Anyone outside of the Top 10 is a selling club in one way or another, it's just that your transfer window has got the "Everything Must Go" feel about it.

You are a bit dim aren’t you .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Palace haven't spent big, apart from Sakho since 2016, lots of loans and free but, no big buys.
You'd almost think that money was a problem for them, if they had a history of bad monetary management
And only a few £100,000+ a week contracts to shell out on.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Heard they were making a donation from the fee to St Johns Amb...

1p in the pound. Those greedy knobbers at St Johns Ambulance deserve no more. Always begging for cash.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Genuine question, am I the only Brighton fan who thinks Zaha is a quality player? If I were an Arsenal fan or Man Utd fan - I'd rather have him in my squad than Ozil or Sanchez. obviously no one is going to pay 80 mil for him, but still. He's pretty f@$king good.

He's better than those two and is a good player. It's just that he's elevated to demi-God status by them lot up the road and acts like a prick with his antics.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Palace were a comfortable mid table side in reality.

Ok if they lose a couple it will put them back but unfortunately I think they will get stronger.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You are a bit dim aren’t you .

I'd say not, but then again perception is a funny thing, isn't it?

"You are a bit dim are not you?" Nope, can't really work that out, so maybe you're on to something?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's better than those two and is a good player. It's just that he's elevated to demi-God status by them lot up the road and acts like a prick with his antics.

s_33_246_Zaha_Imogen_300.jpg

I liked it the day he signed for Man U, and rocked up at Old Trafford in a horrifically tacky t-shirt with a massive picture of tabloid slapper Imogen Thomas on the front - wihch was shortly after "Giggsy" had been splashed all over the redtops for porking her behind his missus's back.

Nice one Wilf. Winning friends and influencing people :lolol:

What a prannet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Palace were a comfortable mid table side in reality.

Ok if they lose a couple it will put them back but unfortunately I think they will get stronger.

I don't know how any of them can have any confidence in Roy.
He now has got to be the worst manager in the Premier League, with perhaps Ole challenging him for that title.

I see no progress at all up the road, so if they are to lose the players that were responsible for points last season, where are they coming from this season?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Isn’t that the same with most clubs and star players?

Zaha screwed himself by signing a new deal last year, so Palace can ask what they want for him.

I find it odd Arsenal will be after him when they need other areas looked at more urgently

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I find it odd Arsenal will be after him when they need other areas looked at more urgently

My thinking too. If anything they should be the ones looking at someone like Maguire or Dunk given their problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here