Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
great news

would be happy with kerry as back up as well

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
wouldn't mind Mayo getting one more year as backup, just incase we can't get Richards here permanently in January...although I'm hoping that will just take agreeing a fee...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Fantastic news, why can't we sign him as this way uses up the use of a loan deal surely.

Just do not want a repeat of last years good run going pear shaped over Christmas while another deal is agreed for him to play for us.

Is it either, he does not want to sign permantly, Ipswich want to keep him as cover, we cannot afford him, agent being a pain in the arse, its like squatting rights we get to keep him once he has played for us over 100 times or he is only cover for Kerry.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Fantastic news, why can't we sign him as this way uses up the use of a loan deal surely.

Just do not want a repeat of last years good run going pear shaped over Christmas while another deal is agreed for him to play for us.

Is it either, he does not want to sign permantly, Ipswich want to keep him as cover, we cannot afford him, agent being a pain in the arse, its like squatting rights we get to keep him once he has played for us over 100 times or he is only cover for Kerry.

NSC wisdom suggests Ipswich want too much for him but by January they may accept less as Richards contract will be coming to an end.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

I believe the limit of loan players you can field is 6 per match, I don't think there is a limit to how many loan players a club can have at any one time though.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Hopefully it won't be quite so bad as last season, as he was on 3 months then (or was it 1 month, extended twice), so he had to leave in mid December, and didn't return until mid January.

Also last year, we had O'Callaghan and Savage, whose loan/contract were up at around the same time, plus the uncertainty around Hammond.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I believe the limit of loan players you can field is 6 per match, I don't think there is a limit to how many loan players a club can have at any one time though.

That usefull to know, I had a quick google search but could'nt locate the league rules o loan signings.

If its right about Matts contract and us getting him cheaper even better.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Great news! Get in! Welcome back Matt...:clap:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

I suspect Micky Adams would rather check him out on loan before signing him. He's not a player Adams knows well and I'd guess he'd rather see him play before paying a transfer fee.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He has seen him play, and for us...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
NSC wisdom suggests Ipswich want too much for him but by January they may accept less as Richards contract will be coming to an end.
NSC wisdom isn't very wise, why would they do that?

"We want such and such amount for him now, but they won't pay it, so why don't we loan him to them and then ask for less in January?"

I can't see that being their though process somehow.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'm a Kerry supporter, but now we've got Matt until Dec I'm not so sure there's a point in giving him another year.

As cover at LB we've got Lynch; Livermore (who we're told can play LB); Whing or ElBad who can play there if necessary; and Loft who did pretty well in that position vs B. Hill.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by

Its something like 4 long term loans and 6 short term per team, per season but I think if you then sign the player permanently it no longer counts as one of your loans. Don't take this as gospel though, i'm sure someone knows the exact numbers

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm a Kerry supporter, but now we've got Matt until Dec I'm not so sure there's a point in giving him another year.

As cover at LB we've got Lynch; Livermore (who we're told can play LB); Whing or ElBad who can play there if necessary; and Loft who did pretty well in that position vs B. Hill.

I'm not saying it should be Mayo, but we do need a left back, and not just until Christmas!

Full back is a proper and important position like any other in a team, both defensively and offensively, and it annoys me the constant suggestion that you can just stick any random player there and make do.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm not saying it should be Mayo, but we do need a left back, and not just until Christmas!

Full back is a proper and important position like any other in a team, both defensively and offensively, and it annoys me the constant suggestion that you can just stick any random player there and make do.

Maybe this German/American Greg Folk will make the grade?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here