[Albion] NOW is time to get excited about the play-offs this time.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I feel the same, but my reason is that we did well to make the play off's on the previous two occasions and we we didn't progress because as we didn't deserve to on our play. But this time, I feel cheated by two referee's, Pawson and Dean who allowed two clubs to progress at our expense through rank bad decision making.

But if Boro had missed out, they could have pointed that winning goal wrongly ruled out at Birmingham.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I want to see us win at Wembley for the first time. If you can't get excited about that then you probably should be watching Rugby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I want to see us win at Wembley for the first time. If you can't get excited about that then you probably should be watching Rugby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen us lose twice at Wembley and a 3rd time would be gutting.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just for the case of stirring the pot... are you guys really that scared of playing us if you finished 15 points ahead of us?

We are terrified...... Don't you get it. We lose play off semi's and it will be a crap ref or one of your cheating players that will do for us. FFS...... That's how it is. I'm opting for a dive in the last minute to win them the penalty that stuffs us. Then it's back to a decent summer of cricket ... Which really matters.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This thread on owlstalk has made me chuckle:

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/239569-1500-tickets

Apparently we're only taking 500 fans there, we started a "pseudo rivalry" with them, and are cross about their silly Sid James emoji.

Silly me - I thought it was that they laugh at us and we laugh at them. I also find it faintly amusing that they're wetting themselves with excitement over Friday whereas this thread shows some of us are actually quite indifferent. It's truly their cup final isn't it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We are a far stronger team going into the playoffs than ever before.
Well we would be if Stephens hadn't been incorrectly banned.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For crying out loud - it's only Sheffield Wednesday, a team not capable of getting closer than 15 points to us. History counts for nothing.
I don't think I've ever seen someone discount their own opinion so fast.

Indeed that 15 points is history and any team can beat any other in this league.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Very very true it's been 16 years of mainly crap... although we've been on an upward trend since 2011. We've had some appalling seasons in recent memory and obviously this is our best finish in those 16 years since leaving the promised land. Which shows how poor it's been.

We've not lost a game when we've had a capacity crowd at Hillsborough in the last 16 games of over 30K crowds (at least) stretching back a quite few years so, which gives us confidence.

Still, despite this we've not managed to beat anyone in the top 6 in 10 games, 7 draws and 3 losses.

nothing against Wednesday, decent size local club but some of your fans really do have delusions of grandeur. As for the Play offs and us finishing 15 points better off, it doesnt matter a jot anymore. We had a stronger season than you, (none of which accounts for fixture timings, injurys etc) but now that is done and the season is over and 4 teams enter a knock out cup comp with zero wins/draws or defeats. Us finishing 3rd and you 6th is immaterial now. Blackpool went up finishing 6th, plenty of teams finishing third didnt. Nerves will play a part, many of our squad are probably a bit deflated, your better players were rested on sat. All factors and nobody knows how it play out as its now a cup.

I for one do not underestimate the challenge of beating Wednesday over 2 legs and would be more than happy to leave hillsborough with things level and a home tie to play. Anything can happen and current form and playing the occasion is far more important than points accrued over a season. All that matters for us right now is Friday and concentrating on getting an away result against handy opposition.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I don't think I've ever seen someone discount their own opinion so fast.

Indeed that 15 points is history and any team can beat any other in this league.

Never having won at Hillsborough is history. Having not a great record against them is history.

15 points gap is NOW - in the present.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Never having won at Hillsborough is history. Having not a great record against them is history.

15 points gap is NOW - in the present.
No it isn't, that 15 point gap might just as well be a 1 point gap. Just because we were 15 points better in the season, doesn't mean we'll beat them in the playoffs.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Always going to be a tough week after the disappointment of Saturday.

Positive result Friday and spirits will be lifted. We are going up!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No it isn't, that 15 point gap might just as well be a 1 point gap. Just because we were 15 points better in the season, doesn't mean we'll beat them in the playoffs.

You'll argue with anyone over any old toss won't you?

Of course it's NOW. We achieved that 15 point gap with THIS squad of players. It is therefore pertinent.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It just made me chuckle... having said that we have our fair share of fans who like to feel defeated before a ball has even been kicked.

The point is the ball HAS been kicked. We should already be promoted. We got ****ed over. Twice. Pretty obvious why BHA fans are feeling down atm.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

No, but it's a big indicator as to how good or bad the respective teams are.

So of course it's 'now'.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Does anyone else feel like this?

It's not that we've been there twice recently, it's not that I don't think we have a fighting chance, it's just that I STILL feel numb after Saturday. I just can't get excited by these fixtures. Anyone else feeling like this, or is it just me?

No. I'm excited.

We've been given a fantastic opportunity. That is something to relish.

Are you Arsenal in disguise? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports