Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] NOW is time to get excited about the play-offs this time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know it's not strictly in the rules, being a Tuesday, but would a photograph of a small dog wearing some sort of comedy clothing help?

Hmmm. Possibly. As long as it's not a pic of a dog owned by anyone from NSC in Albion clobber. That would do nothing except make me want to punch my monitor very very hard.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm with you. I wonder if we all got together and hugged it out, we could all move on.

Group hug.png

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
No. Totally the reverse. As soon as we got Palace in the playoffs in 2013 I had the creeping onset of doom. In 2014 we pulled off a mini-miracle just getting to the playoffs and it always felt as though Derby were a class apart.

This time around I feel like we are proper contenders. We've the squad and the manager to really complete. Let's do this!

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Believe! one of four teams will get promoted and we are as strong as we've ever been with the best, most experienced manager we've had in this situation. Reckon we would all have taken this position despite the bollocks that occurred on Saturday

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

This video reminded me of NSC over the past few days

I'm not too bothered, I think the mood might change if we get to Wembley, we should at least be grateful that we have a second chance. We are a far stronger team going into the playoffs than ever before. We just have to rally that morale and keep our heads up. We fight injustice until the very end.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dreading it TBH.

For all the good we've done this season the only playoff team we have beaten in 90 minutes is Hull, conversely probably the only set of fans we got on alright with. I'm fully expecting a raft of jeering and gloating Wednesday fans with their stupid Sid James emoji to be smugly turning NSC properly working class in six days time. If that doesn't happen the gloating Derby w***ers that will be here over bank holiday weekend when we lose at Wembley on penalties, having had Hemed sent off for picking his nose and Stockdale also dismissed for eating his banana in a casual manner will be too much to bear.

Football can do one.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I won't be able to see any of the games, so Saturday's misery will continue till Tuesday, when I hear that we are going to Wembley.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ROAAAAAAARR! COME ON BRIGHTON!!!!

Nope, it aint happenin.

Dreading it TBH.

For all the good we've done this season the only playoff team we have beaten in 90 minutes is Hull, conversely probably the only set of fans we got on alright with. I'm fully expecting a raft of jeering and gloating Wednesday fans with their stupid Sid James emoji to be smugly turning NSC properly working class in six days time. If that doesn't happen the gloating Derby w***ers that will be here over bank holiday weekend when we lose at Wembley on penalties, having had Hemed sent off for picking his nose and Stockdale also dismissed for eating his banana in a casual manner will be too much to bear.

Football can do one.
This.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Oh dear oh dear oh dear. We are the best team in the playoffs. Now FFS stop feeling sorry for yourselves and get behind them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I get the feeling that this club is cursed in it's attempts to get into the Premier League :shrug:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Does anyone else feel like this?

It's not that we've been there twice recently, it's not that I don't think we have a fighting chance, it's just that I STILL feel numb after Saturday. I just can't get excited by these fixtures. Anyone else feeling like this, or is it just me?

Yeah I am, sadly.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I get the feeling that this club is cursed in it's attempts to get into the Premier League :shrug:

I sort of see where you are coming from but nothing good ever comes easily. If we ever get there we'll have earned it and it will feel all the sweeter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here