Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now is the moment we should get excited

Fulking Seagull

Mar 31, 2013
Fulking
If we win on Saturday and at Reading (should be a good day out) then I will be really excited. Last night was a nervy win but nevertheless we are winning such games this season and whilst others immediately below us don't seem to be. The competitiveness of the division is working in our favour at the moment.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
People are cautious because of last season's performances, and the fact that the team and squad are good but not great. League table positions only count on the last day of the season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is that right? Just one point a game and we'd still be a contender for the play offs! One for the 'fun facts' thread. if you're right of course. I'm not doubting you but, are you sure?
28 points + 1 per game for 34 games = 62 points.

Not quite enough for the playoffs, but not too far away...

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
Do you mind if I just reserve judgement? We have not exactly been banging them in big time even though obviously I'd have bitten your arm off for this position.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Lots of people were worried about jumping on this bandwagon. Anyone else joining me now?

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
I was excited when Bobby broke the October curse. Now I'm taking the frightening next step and I'm starting to believe. "It's not the despair..."

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Anyone else ready to join the fun?

Yes, count me in, albeit with a slight reservation, sadly! The first half was dire yesterday and again, we picked up points due to Stockdale - the Charlton fans in the train afterwards claimed, not unreasonably, that they could have been 4 up by half time. Were it not for his saves, which has been a frequent observation of the recent narrow home wins, we would surely be hovering about 6th.
That having been said, the second half spirit showed the virtues of a good manager's team talk, the strikers all scored, Hemed will presumably grow in confidence, the atmosphere was really good, and as I wrote after the Birmingham match, you do indeed sense that the momentum is building. The nature of the two late deserved goals gave the team and fans a buzz and hopefully they are able to take that confidence to the next game. . . .
In January we have the 4 players back, and who knows what additions, so there is so much to anticipate. The next three games will be crucial and if we are still top or very close, at Xmas, then, yes, we can all start to dream - and book our tickets!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Yesterday certainly had me believing. The next 3 games are so crucial. I think we can get something at Derby and beat boro though.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Yes, count me in, albeit with a slight reservation, sadly! The first half was dire yesterday and again, we picked up points due to Stockdale - the Charlton fans in the train afterwards claimed, not unreasonably, that they could have been 4 up by half time. Were it not for his saves, which has been a frequent observation of the recent narrow home wins, we would surely be hovering about 6th.
That having been said, the second half spirit showed the virtues of a good manager's team talk, the strikers all scored, Hemed will presumably grow in confidence, the atmosphere was really good, and as I wrote after the Birmingham match, you do indeed sense that the momentum is building. The nature of the two late deserved goals gave the team and fans a buzz and hopefully they are able to take that confidence to the next game. . . .
In January we have the 4 players back, and who knows what additions, so there is so much to anticipate. The next three games will be crucial and if we are still top or very close, at Xmas, then, yes, we can all start to dream - and book our tickets!

I like it!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The next four games for me. Then at half way point and get some players back. Its all too possible.....either way

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
CH has done this all before. Unlike a certain Schteve, he has both a spine and massive balls - he won't waiver and neither will his team. Injuries could be a problem but I've a sneaky feeling that Bloom will supercharge the squad in January to ensure we remain robust and potent.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Talking to a toon fan on Friday he said Hughton got a lot of one goal wins in first half of season and then went and started really beating teams in the second half of the season. I'll take that please.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Don't want to jinx it but this team doesn't know when it's beaten, they've got massive character balls!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Talking to a toon fan on Friday he said Hughton got a lot of one goal wins in first half of season and then went and started really beating teams in the second half of the season. I'll take that please.
Looks like you're getting what you wished for! Looking good, eh?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Love this thread. I have been suppressing my excitement for a while but the last 2 games have made me like a kid in a sweetshop.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We've just been mentioned, and goals shown, on BBC Breakfast with a quick reference to Hull winning, but we were the focus. They went on to talk about the Prem relegation scrap. Exciting times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here