Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notts Forest

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And "AC Milan", don't forget that.

A mate of mine walked into a bar in Folgarida that had a board outside advertising Milan v Sampdoria live that evening and asked "Which Milan? Inter or AC?". He couldn't understand the confused look on the barman's face.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North

A pedant writes:

The club is called Internazionale or Inter for short. Milan (pronounced Meelan) are the other team in the city of Milan (Milano in Italian).Milan's name is anglicised because the club was set up by British expats as a cricket and football club.

Calling them Inter-Milan is like an Italian calling Arsenal Arsenal-Londra

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
The foreign habit of referring to MU as just 'Manchester' can be irritating.

But the one that really gets me: using 'Albion' instead of 'The Albion'. Ignorant JCL piss-boiling prawn-sandwich-munching CJTCs if you ask me.

Maybe we should start to petition The Argus on this?

Argus.png

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
A pedant writes:

The club is called Internazionale or Inter for short. Milan (pronounced Meelan) are the other team in the city of Milan (Milano in Italian).Milan's name is anglicised because the club was set up by British expats as a cricket and football club.

Calling them Inter-Milan is like an Italian calling Arsenal Arsenal-Londra

According to their official website they're called F.C Internazionale Milano.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Has anybody thought maybe the club have heard what the Sky picks are (before it's released publically) and therefore CAN confirm 100% it's on the Saturday? After all the Friday rumours were started before Sky have confirmed anything...?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Has anybody thought maybe the club have heard what the Sky picks are (before it's released publically) and therefore CAN confirm 100% it's on the Saturday? After all the Friday rumours were started before Sky have confirmed anything...?
I'd imagine that clubs would publicise televised games as soon as they get the nod from Sky to give people as much chance as possibly to rearrange their travel etc. There's no reason to withhold the info, is there?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd imagine that clubs would publicise televised games as soon as they get the nod from Sky to give people as much chance as possibly to rearrange their travel etc. There's no reason to withhold the info, is there?

Probably but maybe there's a day or 2 embargo - surely the club are told before Sky tell the world... Just playing devils advocate, if the OP is telling the truth then the club will either know or they shouldn't be telling fans anything '100%'...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sorry old chaps i just spoke to the Brighton and Hove Albion ticket office and they assured me 100% that the Nottingham Forest game will be on the Saturday and i believe them,if you want to reply with picky comments then thats up to you

The club also announced the Geneva friendly is on Saturday 12th July :shrug:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just spoke to ticket office Notts Forest is definantly on the SATURDAY tickets go on sale on the 7th of july:albion2::rave:

Goes to prove that what you are told is only valid at that point of time and can be less than 100% accurate when a decision has yet to be made.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Just spoke to ticket office Notts Forest is definantly on the SATURDAY tickets go on sale on the 7th of july:albion2::rave:

Sorry old chaps i just spoke to the Brighton and Hove Albion ticket office and they assured me 100% that the Nottingham Forest game will be on the Saturday and i believe them,if you want to reply with picky comments then thats up to you

You could allways try phoning them yourselves if you think i am talking crap

Oh dear.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I look forward to the forthcoming apology from the op after their determination that the ticket office were correct
Based on this though maybe the ticket office shouldn't have been confirming the Saturday as 100% certain

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here