Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notts Forest

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
FFP will be a damp squib as the FA/FL will not have the balls to target either of these teams, I think most of what is written above is jealousy.

D

Deleted member 22389

FFP will be a damp squib as the FA/FL will not have the balls to target either of these teams, I think most of what is written above is jealousy.

FFP is there for a reason, so clubs don't do a Pompey.
It's nothing to do with jelousy either, its about following the rules so every club is on an even playing field.

Football is a terrible business model at the moment, which is why it has to be reigned in.
For a club like us that has over 25,000 season tickets and is unable to make a profit tells you all you need to know about the state of the game really.

When players wages and transfer fees are more than the turnover, something is wrong. I dont know any other business that generates so much income yet can get in to so much debt.

Last edited by a moderator:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It's nothing to do with jelousy either, its about following the rules so every club is on an even playing field.

Football is a terrible business model at the moment, which is why it has to be reigned in.
For a club like us that has over 25,000 season tickets and is unable to make a profit tells you all you need to know about the state of the game really.

When players wages and transfer fees are more than the turnover, something is wrong. I dont know any other business that generates so much income yet can get in to so much debt.

Correct. We ae doing things the right way. People may want Tony to blow millions but it cost us more in the long run. Businesses need to be sustainable. Football is no different.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

yes but the only way you will overcome this is if the clubs govern it themselves and sadly that will never happen and yes there are already murmurs of possible court cases if the FL try to implement it

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The club's mentioned have owners with no association, care or responsibility with their club. Their involvement is is purely about them.

They have enough money to finance a folly for a short period of time to pamper their ego and take a gamble on getting even more exposure in the top flight. They even may be able to make some cash back.

If it goes wrong they leave with the club ridden with debt and going backwards but as they have no real connection or perceived responsibility to the club then it's no big deal, just a bit of wealth lost if the club go into admin and even then they have the chance to shaft it once more to squeeze some money out (pompey).

Bloom has the cash but also feels the responsibility. I'm sure he shares the scepticism about ffp but also realise such a move is essential for the long term sustainability of football and hence if this club. Oscar may get hacked of at the pace of success here due to the methodical way in which we are building as others have before but managers, to an extent, are in the same position as the owners of qpr etc, it's about them rather than the club.

Long live ffp or the philosophy of ffp. Let's be strong and build a lasting future for our club.

D

Deleted member 22389

The club's mentioned have owners with no association, care or responsibility with their club. Their involvement is is purely about them.

They have enough money to finance a folly for a short period of time to pamper their ego and take a gamble on getting even more exposure in the top flight. They even may be able to make some cash back.

If it goes wrong they leave with the club ridden with debt and going backwards but as they have no real connection or perceived responsibility to the club then it's no big deal, just a bit of wealth lost if the club go into admin and even then they have the chance to shaft it once more to squeeze some money out (pompey).

Bloom has the cash but also feels the responsibility. I'm sure he shares the scepticism about ffp but also realise such a move is essential for the long term sustainability of football and hence if this club. Oscar may get hacked of at the pace of success here due to the methodical way in which we are building as others have before but managers, to an extent, are in the same position as the owners of qpr etc, it's about them rather than the club.

Long live ffp or the philosophy of ffp. Let's be strong and build a lasting future for our club.

Going to be a lot of unhappy people when it does eventually ends. Football is like Finance, what goes up eventually has to come back down. Debt never ever goes away.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's only fair at the end of the day. £90,000,000 in transfers fees. Nothing like a level playing field. That is nearly the cost of our whole stadium.
This is why wages and transfer fees have to be reigned in. When I hear Rooney being offered £300,000 before tax every week, which is over half a million pounds a month, nobody needs that much money.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
It's only fair at the end of the day. £90,000,000 in transfers fees. Nothing like a level playing field. That is nearly the cost of our whole stadium.
This is why wages and transfer fees have to be reigned in. When I hear Rooney being offered £300,000 before tax every week, which is over half a million pounds a month, nobody needs that much money.

Strange, I make that £1.2m a month

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The way I read FFP, you can still get away with the overspend this season and the sanctions begin next year? Forest are peeing me off too but I wonder how we'd feel if we had a super rich sugar daddy other than TB who wanted to spunk tens of millions on players. I do like the level playing field idea in theory but the trouble is some clubs are already at the top of a very steep hill. We ought to be able to compete with a 30000 ground but it does nothing for, say, the likes of Yeovil who are essentially cut adrift unless someone wants to build a stadium far bigger than they'd fill anyway. The rules vary but, Europe-wide, these schemes are largely going to keep the big clubs big and the small clubs small.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The way I read FFP, you can still get away with the overspend this season and the sanctions begin next year? Forest are peeing me off too but I wonder how we'd feel if we had a super rich sugar daddy other than TB who wanted to spunk tens of millions on players. I do like the level playing field idea in theory but the trouble is some clubs are already at the top of a very steep hill. We ought to be able to compete with a 30000 ground but it does nothing for, say, the likes of Yeovil who are essentially cut adrift unless someone wants to build a stadium far bigger than they'd fill anyway. The rules vary but, Europe-wide, these schemes are largely going to keep the big clubs big and the small clubs small.

No. In the next accounts - ie for last season - you can.

This season you get a penalty.

Are Forest not getting 5 years sponsorship up front this year to loophole the rules ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No. In the next accounts - ie for last season - you can.

This season you get a penalty.

Are Forest not getting 5 years sponsorship up front this year to loophole the rules ???

In mandatory accounting standards backed by the Companies Act, Forest are simply prohibited from doing that. The sponsorship income, no matter if all paid up front, would have to be released to their Profit and Loss account evenly over the number of years of sponsorship. All backed by statute, and their independent auditors must sign off the accounts as complying with the those standards and company law.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here