Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I thought Forest had their stadium layout spot on, stick the away support in a lower tier (still a good view of the game) in the corner and have vocal fans both sides and above. We tried to sing but were beaten back by sheer noise and numbers surrounding us. I’d love us to be able to do the same, but we don’t make as much noise as that so it probably wouldnt work (thats not a dig, Forest were exceptional last night). As I said earlier their supporters lifted that team a lot.
Yep. Problem at the Amex is the away fans are flanked by the seats that always sell last in the entire ground so the least partisan fans (generally) in the ground. Doesn't make for a great back and forth between fans etc. Would love away fans to be closer to the North

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
What Earnings don’t determine stress levels. If 20000 inmates were not locked up and screaming at you from the stands. you’d probably find it enough to put you off your duties. This lot have to perform at their best in those conditions. The players are still human beings. Small percentages in performance will make big differences in outcome.

What I’m sensing here is a level of bitterness at inequality, which, frankly isn’t the footballers fault. As a society we currently tolerate this, and vote for politicians that permit its continuation. Don’t look to football to fix that, that’s politics.
With all due respect 20,000 screaming fans shouting abuse is nothing like someone behind there door shouting the are going to stab you or kick ten bells out of you when you open the door. Or just having one who is out of their cell screaming the same in your face. Whilst I was a bit stupid and made sure I was the one who opened the cell door had I been threatened it can still give you sleepless nights and believe me the mental stress is unbelievable. Hence I was dismissed I’m medical grounds but that’s another story.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yep. Problem at the Amex is the away fans are flanked by the seats that always sell last in the entire ground so the least partisan fans (generally) in the ground. Doesn't make for a great back and forth between fans etc. Would love away fans to be closer to the North
The solution is to move the NS singers to the SW corner. It’s a good place to be in that corner, especially if you like a bit of to and fro.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
Maybe we aren't that good, and have been playing out of our skin, like Leicester did when they won the league, owing to stars aligning magically. We have overachieved, and are due a bit of underachievement (albeit with an upswing in luck would ne nice).
You may well be on the money there Harry (I still believe we are very wasteful up near goal though).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here