Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notice for intended termination of rivalry - Sign Up Here

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can't rewrite history. They ARE our rivals.

Have to say I didn't really enjoy last night. Seemed like a lot of idiots out - big groups of shouty kids with lager cans banging any metal wall/car/ceiling they passed. 70's hooligans now grown-up who were more interested in getting rid of their pent-up aggression at the Palace fans than actually watching the game. Felt more like a war zone than a football match.

Is here a good place to say that I thought the flying eagle was really cool?

No, but I enjoyed seeing it almost take one of their players heads off. LOL

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can't rewrite history. They ARE our rivals.

Have to say I didn't really enjoy last night. Seemed like a lot of idiots out - big groups of shouty kids with lager cans banging any metal wall/car/ceiling they passed. 70's hooligans now grown-up who were more interested in getting rid of their pent-up aggression at the Palace fans than actually watching the game. Felt more like a war zone than a football match.

Is here a good place to say that I thought the flying eagle was really cool?

No, but I enjoyed seeing it almost take one of their players heads off. LOL

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think these are all great reasons for having them as rivals. I detest their goal music, and their drum is embarrassing. Just how I want to think of our rivals. The last thing I want is to respect them and think they're a good club.

I couldn't care less about SCC. Adkins is a twat, as is Hammond, but they won't be there forever.

I agree entirely, but I think that is quite obvious by now.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
CPFC showed last night how they are a shadow of their former self and have no future in the higher professional leagues. Lets ditch them and take up with Crawley.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a silly comment...for the first time in the last 30 odd years Brighton have the upper hand, and all of a sudden Palace are not fit to be rivals:facepalm:

It beggers belief..when did BHA fans become so big headed and cocksure of themselfs.
I assume that those saying Palace are not fit to be rivals are just taking the piss, don't take it seriously.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
it was much better beating you at YOUR ground 3-1 and in the History books of your club :D
Aren't all results in the history books of our clubs? Brighton are still ahead of Palace on head to head league victories.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
How many bha fans actually understand why there is such a bitter rivalry between ourselves and palace?? Would one of the old school care to explain? Anyway won't be long before the caravans are parked up at selhurst!!

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
Aren't all results in the history books of our clubs? Brighton are still ahead of Palace on head to head league victories.

It also says in the history books you have not done the double over us for 80 years!! Read it and weep Nigel!!!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Not sure if the op is fishing here. If not then let me tell you that beating Palace will forever taste sweeter than beating anyone else in the world!

End of!

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure if the op is fishing here. If not then let me tell you that beating Palace will forever taste sweeter than beating anyone else in the world!

End of!

Not sure if you're fishing? Anyway the OP wasn't, but despite it being explained some people still haven't got it. I'll try again.

About 20 years ago a Palace fanzine (can't remember which one) issued us with a 'Termination of Rivalry' notice. They said that as we were now so shit and they were now so much bigger and better than us it was better if we both looked for rivals that were more appropriate. It was done in jest, a bit of piss-taking at our expense. The OP was merely suggesting we could now do the same thing back to them.

And I bet he wishes he hadn't bothered now! So many people have taken it the wrong way, I guess they weren't around 20 years ago when Palace did it. It was quite a big thing at the time.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Come off it. You've taken one point from 2 games against us and you're claiming to be better than us?

Christ on a bike... You've got a lovely new stadium that will have good attendances for a few years. We're getting average attendances in a poor stadium that is still miles better than the Withdean was.

Quite how you think we're set for the lower leagues I'll never understand. Also the joke about us being a selling club was quite funny, considering we've not sold any first team player since 2010 have been in charge, and we turned down £7m for Zaha yesterday.

Thanks to the sensible lot on here who understand that while you're finally on a level playing field after decades of inferiority, you're by no means better in any way except attendances and ground condition.

Look forward to the games next year! If we have sold Zaha by then, we'll have spent £10m on new players ;)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Not sure if you're fishing? Anyway the OP wasn't, but despite it being explained some people still haven't got it. I'll try again.

About 20 years ago a Palace fanzine (can't remember which one) issued us with a 'Termination of Rivalry' notice. They said that as we were now so shit and they were now so much bigger and better than us it was better if we both looked for rivals that were more appropriate. It was done in jest, a bit of piss-taking at our expense. The OP was merely suggesting we could now do the same thing back to them.

And I bet he wishes he hadn't bothered now! So many people have taken it the wrong way, I guess they weren't around 20 years ago when Palace did it. It was quite a big thing at the time.

Yes I was around... Just don't recall it personally.

Fair play but something original would be better... They'll only claim that we lack ideas in trying to wind them up!

I wonder what their fans really think about having an eagle flying around the pitch? Buckers is faster lol.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

When we did it 20 years ago, was it appropriate on the pitch?

It certainly isn't now, after all you've only been in our league for 6 months and you got 1 point in two games against us... If you actually manage to beat us next year you can do shit like this.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
When we did it 20 year ago, was it appropriate on the pitch?

It certainly isn't now, after all you've only been in our league for 6 months and you got 1 point in two games against us...
Yeah, it was a joke, a bit of a memory-jogger to show us how far we'd come. Joke's don't have to be literal. Jeez.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Yeah, it was a joke, a bit of a memory-jogger to show us how far we'd come. Joke's don't have to be literal. Jeez.

It was less the joke itself and more the muppets afterwards. I think in 1990 we had a bit to shout about, and the difference between us was somewhat obvious. This year we're quite close. You've got a better stadium and bigger crowds with a slight points lead, we've got a better academy and young players and the better results between the two teams as well as a cup semi-final.

Who knows where it'll go from here. The only thing we can be certain of is that both teams look to be on the up. You because of your manager and ground, us because of our young players and a manager/board determined to keep them.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here