Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Not the richest, not the biggest but none are better

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Logic has nothing to do with passion, and therein lies the rub.

I know.

I'm passionate while watching football and logical while discussing it. Others may be the other way around, or always passionate or always logical.

Clearly. The take that my arguments are wrong because I'm not passionate enough to ignore logics is... well, not logical.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Optimism is not the same as grieving a loss. We have suffered several losses, the manager and loved coaches in Bruno and Ben.
I am optimistic about Tony Bloom finding a good manager.
I haven’t judged you. I’ve asked you not to judge us.

Very nicely put, even if have to hold up my hand and admit I made comments of a similar tenor to those made by Norfolk's leading hospital disk jockey, myself recently.

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
Sorry Etm, was listening to Abba link sent earlier in the thread ;)

TB will have a grip and realise that he needs to make an appointment as quickly as possible..... but the right appointment.
Nothing wrong with hurting but a positive reaction instills confidence.

I am sure there have been meetings with the players and all the staff and those meetings would have been positive to encourage and improve moral.

Happy to take back the 'get a grip' comment if it hurts that much?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I could choose any of your quotes on this thread to quote but I've highlighted the most inane here. No Brighton fan on this message board would accept money to swap their Brighton season ticket for a Chelsea one.

Horseshit.

Very easy to talk.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I'm being logical here, while you're not.

You're deliberately choosing not to see it from Brunos or Roberts (or GPs perspectives) because it would all make it clear as a day that none of them are neither heroes or villains. Just humans.

Still here?

Let us know when you are off and I'll book the virtual phone box. :wave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He owes nothing to Tony just like Tony owed nothing to Chris Hughton when he decided that other things are more important than loyalty.

Tony Bloom did not hire GP as a favour or charity, he hired him to manage his football team. It was a mutually beneficial deal - not one guy doing the other a bunch of favours.

Tony Bloom took a huge punt on the guy, gave him a platform and kept his nerve when a string (or two) of wretched results would have led to his dismissal from many a club. Chelsea included. Ah well, he'll find that out for himself soon enough

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Tony Bloom took a huge punt on the guy, gave him a platform and gave him his full support when a string (or two) of wretched results would have led to his dismissal from many a club. Chelsea included. Ah well, he'll find that out for himself soon enough

I'm not sure Tony Bloom considered it "taking a punt".

As for the other part, if anything you said or predicted had any resemblance of truth in it, GP would have been sacked on a weekly basis for the last three years.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Horseshit.

Very easy to talk.

If you feel so strongly about this, why not start a poll to prove your point?

Would you swop your BHA ST for a Chelsea one?

Yes/No answers only.

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
Thunder Bolt
Is it Ok for others to call Potter et al Judas etc for making business decisions that potentially enhance their futures?
Are they different to Brighton fans being upset by a comment?
You haven't commented on that or understand their mental health.

You are all judging them when their decisions are business decisions not fan based.

Please be consistent.

I am 56 and followed the Albion around the country and home since the age of 8. I feel let down by the individuals but understand the bigger picture.
What i don't like is Chelsea having been a club without scruples for years doing what they have done.
The clubs that wanted to join the super league still call the shots in the Premier league.
It leaves a bitter taste.

theboybilly

I'm interested to know how peoples feelings are for individual players & staff. Many of those that we adored in May this year have all jumped ship for more cash. Will we still be singing individuals names knowing that just maybe that person will do the same at a drop of the proverbial hat. Idolise someone today whilst they kiss the badge only for them to put two fingers up at us tomorrow.
I'll be singing the praises for TB and Dunk but to think I was one of those cheering Bruno as he waved at us at Fulham.

Nobody 'put two fingers up at us'. It could cost Chelsea somewhere in the region of £100m to employ this group of people of which £20m comes to us. My first thought was one of disappointment because now we'll never know just how good we may have become under Potter and his team. The signs were all there thst we could achieve quite a lot under his guidance. But it's not to be. Let's just get behind the new regime and hope for the best. And beat Chelsea....Home and Away.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Horseshit.

Very easy to talk.

Look, I know you don’t get it but others reading it do. You won’t be winning anyone over with your horseshit.

First rule of being a football fan here is you don’t change your club. It’s especially true when you nearly lost that club 25 years ago.

You think a Celtic fan would become Rangers for money? Laughable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If you feel so strongly about this, why not start a poll to prove your point?

Would you swop your BHA ST for a Chelsea one?

Yes/No answers only.

"If Chelsea offered you and your family (yes, each and every family member) eternal financial security, would you consider swapping your Brighton season ticket for a Chelsea season ticket?"

Plenty would vote not. If the situation happened in reality, plenty of those who voted no would have to make a difficult decision choosing between their family and their football club. And at least some would choose their family.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Sorry Etm, was listening to Abba link sent earlier in the thread ;)

TB will have a grip and realise that he needs to make an appointment as quickly as possible..... but the right appointment.
Nothing wrong with hurting but a positive reaction instills confidence.

I am sure there have been meetings with the players and all the staff and those meetings would have been positive to encourage and improve moral.

Happy to take back the 'get a grip' comment if it hurts that much?

I agree with that. I know we have to move on, and in time we will. Tony Bloom will be moving on the new manager.

Telling fans to get a grip tells us more about you than the fans. It shows that you fail to appreciate the depth of feeling and the sense of betrayal. It's akin to a random Swede, who has never been a Brighton fan and never will be, but for some reason has attached himself to the forum, pretending to be some kind of emotionless Spock-like being, and telling us that he is right and we are all wrong.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
"If Chelsea offered you and your family (yes, each and every family member) eternal financial security, would you consider swapping your Brighton season ticket for a Chelsea season ticket?"

Plenty would vote not. If the situation happened in reality, plenty of those who voted no would have to make a difficult decision choosing between their family and their football club. And at least some would choose their family.

You’ve moved the goalposts and Potter had eternal financial security already.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Look, I know you don’t get it but others reading it do. You won’t be winning anyone over with your horseshit.

First rule of being a football fan here is you don’t change your club. It’s especially true when you nearly lost that club 25 years ago.

First rule of any sensible human is "family comes first".

So if Chelsea offered you (well, not you but a sensible person) to secure a great financial future for you and your entire family, most would say yes regardless of what they would pretend to choose while discussing the hypothetical scenario.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I do hope that’s not excerpt from your lonely hearts ad ....

You must realise that you’re asking the impossible of devoted and passionate fans right? Like I say, cool calculated logic and reasoning cannot coexist with love ...

Why do I feel like Dr McCoy ?

Exactly, if you’ve never felt the passion you won’t be understanding it :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BHAFC!

I don't normally post but often read. The majority of posts after the recent departures are just so depressive. Get a grip!

The last 10 years have been amazing, the best in the clubs history. That is down to the club and top management, not an individual.

The recently departed have been very lucky to be part of OUR journey.

That journey continues.

Heads up and enjoy the next ten years.

No club is better than Brighton & Hove Albion!

You should post more often :clap2:

(and to pre-empt the cheap shots, yes, yes I should post less often :blush:)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
First rule of any sensible human is "family comes first".

So if Chelsea offered you (well, not you but a sensible person) to secure a great financial future for you and your entire family, most would say yes regardless of what they would pretend to choose while discussing the hypothetical scenario.

More goalpost moving

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Being a football fan is like a love affair, that never ends throughout your whole life. Some people find that love, and some don't.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Potter was never a fan of this club.

With the benefit of hindsight, his zen like persona, his constant 'it is what it is', never becoming too elated after a victory, or deflated after a loss, were clues. He was being honest in his feelings, because he never really cared that much about the club. His recent actions showed that when he received a better offer, he was out of here, like a jumping gazelle, accompanied by his pick of colleagues. Without a backward glance.

[MENTION=17482]Alan P[/MENTION], the fans are hurting. I suspect that Tony Bloom is hurting very deeply. Will you be telling him to 'get a grip'?

Have to agree. Most managers and players are not as invested in their employer as we, the fans, are. There are exceptions such as Lewis Dunk who will likely see out his playing career with his local club but let's be honest, if a big club had come calling 5 or 6 years ago with a substantial offer for him, he would have gone and we would have sold him.

I don't agree with some of the other posters referring to GP letting TB down. As we know, TB can be ruthless when needed and from GP's point of view, he will be doing all he can to make his new appointment a success. If that means getting Chelsea to offer his full coaching set up a job then he's going to do it. They will all have received massive pay rises so would be hard to turn down.

We don't have to like but I'm pretty certain most fans knew this would happen at some stage. It will be made worse in January if they come sniffing for some of our star players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here