Not the Nine O'Clock News

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I love the Game for a Laugh sketch too.

"We went round to his house and cut his wife's head off"

Rowan Atkinson as a green alien was one if my favourite childhood memories. My brother and I used to cry with laughter at that sketch! Probably very unfunny now but at the time it was priceless!

Fond memories of seeing him do this live at the Dome in the early '80's when he toured as a solo performer, with a couple of "straight" men to help with a few of the sketches (anyone recall who they may have been?). I recall that the show was spectacularly and trouser wettingly funny, he was inducing (genuine) hysteria with just a twitch of the face or his pronunciation - remember the "calling the register" sketch?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Fond memories of seeing him do this live at the Dome in the early '80's when he toured as a solo performer, with a couple of "straight" men to help with a few of the sketches (anyone recall who they may have been?). I recall that the show was spectacularly and trouser wettingly funny, he was inducing (genuine) hysteria with just a twitch of the face or his pronunciation - remember the "calling the register" sketch?

I used to have a video of one of those shows, Angus Deayton was one of the "straight" men.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Being repeated on Gold. Wonderfully dated, but god it had it moments.

Cut off their goolies.

On now.

Appears to be the first series without Gryff Rhys Jones full time. Gets better in later series, climaxing with Gerald The Gorilla.

It was very clever, very funny and ahead of its time. Gerald The Gorilla was genius: 'Wild, I was livid'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember having a Not The Nine O Clock News lp with some of the sketches and songs on it. Used to play it relentlessly as a teenager. I think there was a follow up to.

Yes, yes, so did I. I had two.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it still an offence to be in possession of curly black hair and think lips?

And what about T Suter the schoolboy who kept writing about a parrot owned by his aunt who he lived with?

"You arrested him for wearing a loud shirt in a built up area."

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Was that a Not The Nine O'Clock News sketch? I've only ever seen Rowan Atkinson do it in The Secret Policeman's Ball.

[yt]1ad1f6ZCTbg[/yt]

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I'm pretty sure i never saw it on NTNON

It was material from his Solo Tour...Live From Belfast was the comedy tape I remember from our youth!

Great thread...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Will we have Pamela Anderson doing her American Express advert on the big screens at the Amex?

In the same show there was also Griff Rhys-Jones in the ticket Office, whose reply was "American Express? What, ain't you got no money?

How times change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here