Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Not-so-warm welcome for Newcastle in Paris

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Amsterdam was calm in my experience.... no obvious targeting from their Ultra sorts.
A Metro carriage full of Brighton was attacked by Ajax Ultras, wasn't it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A Metro carriage full of Brighton was attacked by Ajax Ultras, wasn't it?
Yep. But that was about it. And it was small numbers

Good fun, safe trip otherwise. Most Ajax fans were friendly and complementary.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Yep. But that was about it. And it was small numbers

Good fun, safe trip otherwise. Most Ajax fans were friendly and complementary.
Most Marseilles fans are banned from travelling. It's likely to be the UK based Marseilles supporters that will attend.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009

Hope they get battered and are out of Europe by Christmas. that would shut them up. cocky tw@ts.

plus it would increase the chances of Albion v AC Milan happening. IMagine playing at the velodrome, amsterdam arena and the san siro in the same season while our croydon cousins toil at kenilworth road...

Tfitz12

Jan 2, 2023
Call me a fear mongerer but I do think Marseille at home might see some trouble. Their Ultras are a nasty bunch and an away match has fewer regular fans to dilute them. A full day of drinking and no work the next day, unlike when they were at home, adds to it. And then there's the fact it could be a group deciding match for both of us which stokes tension.
Got to say when they had a go at midnight the night before the game, they didn't exactly seem to be overly worried about having a sore head in the morning for work

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I am sick of that shit chant. Why can't we sing the good old version of "Albion" that rhymes with "here we go"?
100% this, there was at least one rendition on Saturday at Forest, need more IMO.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Do Marseille ultras travel abroad? I know there has been trouble at Nice and PSG but that is domestic.
An Ajax fan said that there was trouble outside the Johan Cruyff arena when they played each other. Marseille fans attacking anyone basically. So there is definitely a naughty element when they travel.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It is ridiculous that English fans in any way are seen as problematic compared to those in Europe these days. That kind of event happens all over Europe at loads of games every single week, yet it is genuinely rare in the UK these days. Exceedingly rare in the Premier League.
Old reputations are hard to shake - I would argue it's the same with England and food also.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Most Marseilles fans are banned from travelling. It's likely to be the UK based Marseilles supporters that will attend.
Our Uber driver back to the airport in Marseille was a young lad who told us he was an Marseille hooligan and they were going to "Bring the fire" to Brighton :oops::ROFLMAO:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was a bit of trouble in Newcastle wasn’t there ? I’m sure there was a video of some Newcastle fans sucker punching some PSG fans who were just walking past

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Inspired by Croydon.
You could say that about Marseille itself - crime, graffiti, no-go housing estates, etc.

The main differences would probably just be a few things like the weather, the food, the architecture, lovely beaches, beautiful women, successful football team etc 😆

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here