Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
French will be cowards when it really comes to it

Bit embarrassing people filming while Paris almost in the pub

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
And they say the English fans are bad. I think it is now much much worse in Italy and france. I wonder where the gendarmes were as the English police would've been all over that

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
*insert Ricky Gervais "Ooh, you're hard" meme/gif*

Twats, the lot of them :tosser:

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
English fans are targets everywhere I’m afraid, and get tarred with the same brush when they try to defend themselves.

Our historic reputation means that is unlikely to change.

I will go to Germany for the Euros but will be on my guard and won’t be drinking in the pubs where the other fans are. It’s sad to have to think that way but it’s either that or not bother to go (which I appreciate is also a sensible option!).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It is ridiculous that English fans in any way are seen as problematic compared to those in Europe these days. That kind of event happens all over Europe at loads of games every single week, yet it is genuinely rare in the UK these days. Exceedingly rare in the Premier League.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is ridiculous that English fans in any way are seen as problematic compared to those in Europe these days. That kind of event happens all over Europe at loads of games every single week, yet it is genuinely rare in the UK these days. Exceedingly rare in the Premier League.
They're not are they? Sounds like Albion fans were made very welcome in Amsterdam for example.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They're not are they? Sounds like Albion fans were made very welcome in Amsterdam for example.
Agree. And after all the scare-mongering about Marseille....nothing happened.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
English fans are targets everywhere I’m afraid, and get tarred with the same brush when they try to defend themselves.

Our historic reputation means that is unlikely to change.

I will go to Germany for the Euros but will be on my guard and won’t be drinking in the pubs where the other fans are. It’s sad to have to think that way but it’s either that or not bother to go (which I appreciate is also a sensible option!).
Amsterdam was calm in my experience.... no obvious targeting from their Ultra sorts.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
True, but look at the lengths that were gone to to segregate fans during their time in Marseille, that’s a big part of why nothing happened.
True. But the segregation (presume you mean the buses) only really prevented trouble at the ground.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Agree. And after all the scare-mongering about Marseille....nothing happened.
Call me a fear mongerer but I do think Marseille at home might see some trouble. Their Ultras are a nasty bunch and an away match has fewer regular fans to dilute them. A full day of drinking and no work the next day, unlike when they were at home, adds to it. And then there's the fact it could be a group deciding match for both of us which stokes tension.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Call me a fear mongerer but I do think Marseille at home might see some trouble. Their Ultras are a nasty bunch and an away match has fewer regular fans to dilute them. A full day of drinking and no work the next day, unlike when they were at home, adds to it. And then there's the fact it could be a group deciding match for both of us which stokes tension.
Do Marseille ultras travel abroad? I know there has been trouble at Nice and PSG but that is domestic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair points. I hope with our man-bags and sophisticated continental ways they will think 'they're just like us, we dont need to fight them'; I guess we will have to wait and see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here