Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

not poyets fault losing murray!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I find this really frustrating where two posters claim to be in the know and in the same thread contradict each other badly
If you see the section highlighted in your post and the section highlighted in Westanders post below, you will understand what I mean. Perhaps you and Weststander can have a little chat and let us know who really is in the know.

Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
Sorry, but your figures are way out (exaggerated), and I know this from highest level at the club:

It's old ground, but to reiterate:
He was on £3,250 per week.

He wanted £6,000 per week, once we were as good as promoted and which is very modest by Championship levels. (A stack of our current squad are paid far more than that, including fellow League One background CMS), Gus just didn't rate him

All CP did was meet the £6,000, plus a signing on fee which is completely the norm.

Murray wanted to stay, in the town he loves, and with us

Sure I can understand your frustration. Its the same one im having in reading posts by beach hut and kev the rev. Bottom line is that there are three parts to a deal, transfer, signing on (which can be agent and/or player fees) and wages. Murray had no fee so his wages and signing on were more than we were prepared to pay. Although we paid a fee for cms, the wages and signing on combined are, I understand, less than Murray got from palace.

The mail quotes Murray as being on 13k. I don't believe it is as much as that.

Feb 14, 2010
Really? We paid £2.5 Million for CMS who lets face it, has one quality, that he runs around. Murray however can find space in the box and put the ball in the net. Just what we need. It was a bloody great error, but we all make them. Poyet should be applauded for his midfield but his strikers so far have been well, dreadful

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hardly

Just wondering why a middle aged, son of a vicar, indulges in lies and a playground style inability to indulge in debate on subjects he starts but is quite happy to act like a 7 year old with name calling.

Dear oh dear, you must hate the fact the inner circle of Withdean is no more.

No little I was talking to Dick the other day and blah blah blah

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Going back to the original thread title...Has anything ever been Gus's fault???...It's always the players or the ref or the second official or the budget or the pitch or the fixture list.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Dear oh dear, you must hate the fact the inner circle of Withdean is no more.

No little I was talking to Dick the other day and blah blah blah

There was no 'inner circle' it was a figment of your paranoid and deluded mind. There were people who worked hard to achieve a successful planning application and there were supporters reps who met regularly with the club.

So am I pining for something that never existed? Nah.

What I do find interesting/ strange is that whenever I've met you, you are fairly meek and timid. On here you like to be the trappy, braggish, rude individual. Do you suffer from some kind of psychological problem?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Sorry, but your figures are way out (exaggerated), and I know this from highest level at the club:

He wanted £6,000 per week, once we were as good as promoted and which is very modest by Championship levels. (A stack of our current squad are paid far more than that, including fellow League One background CMS),

Gus just didn't rate him

All CP did was meet the £6,000, plus a signing on fee which is completely the norm.

Murray wanted to stay, in the town he loves, and with us.

My figures are also from someone high up in the club (and they are not actually that far apart - no-where near the 13k reported elsewhere).
Thing is it makes no difference - if there was not enough money to pay the wages and signing on fee I'm glad we didn't (although I do find the policy of 2 pots - one for wages, one for transfers rather bizarre)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There was no 'inner circle' it was a figment of your paranoid and deluded mind. There were people who worked hard to achieve a successful planning application and there were supporters reps who met regularly with the club.

So am I pining for something that never existed? Nah.

What I do find interesting/ strange is that whenever I've met you, you are fairly meek and timid. On here you like to be the trappy, braggish, rude individual. Do you suffer from some kind of psychological problem?

Yes there was the Dick Lickers, everyone knew that you just hate the fact the club has ambition.

Never met you but clearly you are a bit deluded with the medical ambitions

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
My figures are also from someone high up in the club (and they are not actually that far apart - no-where near the 13k reported elsewhere).
Thing is it makes no difference - if there was not enough money to pay the wages and signing on fee I'm glad we didn't (although I do find the policy of 2 pots - one for wages, one for transfers rather bizarre)

There are a number of accounting differences between transfer fees and wages. Vat, time to pay etc. There is also an assumption that a transfer fee is an investment and wages are lost money.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Yes there was the Dick Lickers, everyone knew that you just hate the fact the club has ambition.

Never met you but clearly you are a bit deluded with the medical ambitions

We have met 4 or 5 times. I sat next to you at a shirt sponsors dinner about 8 years ago.

If there was an inner circle, then I certainly wasn't part of it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We have met 4 or 5 times. I sat next to you at a shirt sponsors dinner about 8 years ago.

If there was an inner circle, then I certainly wasn't part of it.

Really, that was one of the happiest days of my life as I think I met Tim for the first time our dear leader

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I find this really frustrating where two posters claim to be in the know and in the same thread contradict each other badly
If you see the section highlighted in your post and the section highlighted in Westanders post below, you will understand what I mean. Perhaps you and Weststander can have a little chat and let us know who really is in the know.

Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post

He wanted £6,000 per week, once we were as good as promoted and which is very modest by Championship levels. (A stack of our current squad are paid far more than that, including fellow League One background CMS), Gus just didn't rate him

Murray wanted to stay, in the town he loves, and with us

Sure I can understand your frustration. Its the same one im having in reading posts by beach hut and kev the rev. Bottom line is that there are three parts to a deal, transfer, signing on (which can be agent and/or player fees) and wages. Murray had no fee so his wages and signing on were more than we were prepared to pay. Although we paid a fee for cms, the wages and signing on combined are, I understand, less than Murray got from palace.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Just read the argus. If what Poyet has said is not just spin and is correct then its not his fault.

We all know when Poyet doesn't get what he wants he throws a hissy fit. We had just come up, we spent the best part of £6 million quid on Cms, Buckley,Lualua, Hoskins, Harley etc etc + the freebies wages,,Vicente springs to mind....Do you really really believe he/we couldn't afford Murray?????????......please, come on get real...It's all bullshit and spin, 24hrs ahead of what could be a very dark day for Gus and the fans....It's called getting your excuses in early, just in case.

Feb 14, 2010
We all know when Poyet doesn't get what he wants he throws a hissy fit. We had just come up, we spent the best part of £6 million quid on Cms, Buckley,Lualua, Hoskins, Harley etc etc + the freebies wages,,Vicente springs to mind....Do you really really believe he/we couldn't afford Murray?????????......please, come on get real...It's all bullshit and spin, 24hrs ahead of what could be a very dark day for Gus and the fans....It's called getting your excuses in early, just in case.

I try and be fair and objective which I why I praise the midfield that Poyet has put together but have criticised CMS and Barnes because they have missed too many chances. I have also criticised the decision to let Murray go and yes, did say so at the time. But for me, this article, even if it is spin, is the first admission that they got it wrong, and that will do for me. We all make mistakes, it was a big mistake but Poyet is still a good manager who plays the right way.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011

That sums up the Mail.

£6k is the weekly figure, and never being part of a Withdean/Knight mafia that a paranoid individual talks about, I can assure you that it is correct.

Hard up and poorly supported CP were not going to gamble over half a million a year on a striker only proven in League One, albeit an a fantastic player, forward and finisher for us. (Although a bitter few on here now claim they never rated him anyway :lol:).

CP had one nightmare wage to get rid of, and that was Ambrose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here