Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not Oscar Garcia but TS

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
DIdn't a reporter who seems to have got everything right so far (obviously not the Argus' finest), but you know the one with the funny name, suggest the new manager is already at another club. If that is true, that would rule out Oscar.

If you mean the one I know reasonably well, he has made no comment on who a new manager might be because he has absolutely no idea. But he thinks either Oscar or Sherwood would be interesting appointments.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
They haven't made anything public knowledge!!

No, but somebody claimed that a journalist had printed that the next manager was not currently in a job. I'm saying that if he had printed that with some knowledge, and not just taking a punt, then GP MAY have a claim for CD, so it's unlikely that the journo "knew" anything.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I assume the people who don't want Sherwood have actually worked with him....as I can't see any other way in which they could have judged his abilities.

Or is it because he is english? Just wondering.

Don't get me wrong, my Flairometer wants Oscar as does my wallet (as I had £20(free bet) on him at 16's)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Look at the amount of overseas managers who have won promotion from the Championship in recent years.

There's only two overseas (ignoring irish) managers in the Championship. Gus and Zola. Both did pretty damn well.

I would say the championship has had very few foreign managers as they are more likely to go straight to the prem, so it's slightly misleading.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
There's only two overseas (ignoring irish) managers in the Championship. Gus and Zola. Both did pretty damn well.

I would say the championship has had very few foreign managers as they are more likely to go straight to the prem, so it's slightly misleading.

The Championship is the new English Premiership, predominately British players and managers.

We sub contracted out our top League to foreign sheiks, oligarchs and charlatans years ago !!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What Sherwood knows is young Spurs reserves who will expect a fortune and cost a fortune. We'll be in a bidding war with QPR, Forest, Reading et al, and financially we'll find that tough. I think traditionally managerial experience really pays off when trying to get out of the Championship, but FFP is a massive consideration.

The way to go is appoint Oscar who knows the Spanish market where you get value for money and where the players will enjoy the lower tax in this country. A lot of our best players are Spanish, but we have promising British kids. He is perfect, so much better option than Sherwood.

Aug 23, 2011
What Sherwood knows is young Spurs reserves who will expect a fortune and cost a fortune. We'll be in a bidding war with QPR, Forest, Reading et al, and financially we'll find that tough. I think traditionally managerial experience really pays off when trying to get out of the Championship, but FFP is a massive consideration.

you could also use the same arguement in that he would be able to get those young players on loan with his contacts and then potentially after promotion we'd be able to afford to buy them outright or new players

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
People need to do some research before they start slagging off Tim Sherwood. Highly respected coach at Spurs, chosen by one of the most highly respected managers in Europe.

Just because he has a boring name it doesn't mean he's crap, if he was called Timo-Gutierez Sherchez people would be creaming their pants.

Of course it is a risk appointing anyone who hasn't been a number 1, but Tony did ok at that last time.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
People need to do some research before they start slagging off Tim Sherwood. Highly respected coach at Spurs, chosen by one of the most highly respected managers in Europe.

Just because he has a boring name it doesn't mean he's crap, if he was called Timo-Gutierez Sherchez people would be creaming their pants.

Of course it is a risk appointing anyone who hasn't been a number 1, but Tony did ok at that last time.

Well said that Fish.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
THe more I read see and hear, the more I think it could well be Timothy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Were it not for the fact half our team were Spanish-speaking I'd probably be OK with the idea of Sherwood.

But this is different. We've developed a way of playing, a particular style and culture. We're halfway through this project AND, crucially - as the Wayne Bridge deal showed - we can't compete with well-run clubs with parachute payments to spunk.

We need to tap into where the value is and use our advantage of having a Spanish core to our side to attract those decent, value Spanish players to our club.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
if we go for tim crap sherwood we can write off this season and we will go from play offs to fighting relegation sorry everyone just how i feel

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

The way to go is appoint Oscar who knows the Spanish market where you get value for money and where the players will enjoy the lower tax in this country. A lot of our best players are Spanish, but we have promising British kids. He is perfect, so much better option than Sherwood.

The top rate of income tax is higher here than in Spain.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Were it not for the fact half our team were Spanish-speaking I'd probably be OK with the idea of Sherwood.

But this is different. We've developed a way of playing, a particular style and culture. We're halfway through this project AND, crucially - as the Wayne Bridge deal showed - we can't compete with well-run clubs with parachute payments to spunk.

We need to tap into where the value is and use our advantage of having a Spanish core to our side to attract those decent, value Spanish players to our club.

You might as well say that with more than half our squad being English-speaking, we need a British manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here