Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not Oscar Garcia but TS

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Highly unlikely I would have thought. If it was "known" we had someone lined up, GP could be suing for constructive dismissal

Are you saying that the Club/Board/Bloom/Barber havent as yet got a replacement and will not start looking until GP's current issue is resolved ??

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Are you saying that the Club/Board/Bloom/Barber havent as yet got a replacement and will not start looking until GP's current issue is resolved ??

Ideas of course but doubt anything happened yet so suspect will take good 7 days

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Not at all, I'm sure they have, but if it was concrete enough for a journalist to print (I don't remember seeing it), then he MAY be within his rights to claim constructive dismissal with his job already being replaced.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Ideas of course but doubt anything happened yet so suspect will take good 7 days

Surely it is accepted that any new manager has been identified and terms agreed, you couldn't possibly start that process and expect it to be finalised within 7 days.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Not at all, I'm sure they have, but if it was concrete enough for a journalist to print (I don't remember seeing it), then he MAY be within his rights to claim constructive dismissal with his job already being replaced.

Perhaps there is a legal aspect to all of this, probably why there will be a deal struck and everybody moves on.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It would appear to be a two horse race.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Highly unlikely I would have thought. If it was "known" we had someone lined up, GP could be suing for constructive dismissal
Off course they have someone lined up!!!

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Sherwood made his debut for Spurs as an 87th minute substitute for Mauricio Taricco in the 0-0 draw with Coventry on 6 February 1999.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Off course they have someone lined up!!!

That's not what I'm saying at all. Of course they have done stuff behind the scenes - they would be remiss not to have done, but they could not have made it public knowledge without the possibility of GP claiming CD.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Oscar , Barcelona background , our new academy...............perfect fit

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What about both in tandem? Has sherwood been a manager before? Does Oscar have any experience of the English leagues? Each bring a little something.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
What makes you think he would be a good choice. His name is often bandied about - I am never sure why. This is a genuine enquiry - I am not making a point.

Well he has just as much credentials as Oscar....

Was manager of Man Utd reserves for a few years (like Oscar was with Barcelona)

Has won a league title with a team ( like Oscar)

Has fantastic contacts ( like Oscar)

However unlike Oscar he has a vast knowledge of the English game, having player in the PL for 10 years or so! E will also now how to play entertaining and attacking football and the guy is a born winner!

My first choice by a country mile!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
That's not what I'm saying at all. Of course they have done stuff behind the scenes - they would be remiss not to have done, but they could not have made it public knowledge without the possibility of GP claiming CD.
They haven't made anything public knowledge!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here