Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not looking great for Plymouth...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Why can't the Blue Square Premier now be considered League 3? Most of the clubs are professional, most of them have played in the football league as well so it wouldn't make too much of a difference. Would expand the League Cup but that might be a good thing too. I don't see a downside. Also, sort out the daft 4 up from League 2 with 2 down. That is daft. It should be 3 up and 3 down from all 5 leagues, including BSP.

Don't necessarily disagree, but one of the issues for some teams is the quality of their stadia, I recall it being an issue for Stevenage a few years back and didn't Crawley have to do work as well?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Regionalisation can also cause an in balance, if you look at the Conference North you'll find teams like Bishops Stortford and Worcester City there. I also think the general consensus of both BSS and BSN is that the former is far stronger than the latter, often the promoted teams from the BSN struggle much more in the Conference.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I wouldn't mind sending 1 or 2 of our 1st team players who are not getting much game time, (Brez / Casper / JFC / Toby / Harley / Dicker) .... We've pinched some good players from them in the past and I feel we could help them out now :)

Would be a nice gesture and I hope it happens. I like the old Pilgrims and they are certainly a club of Championship stature.

TNBA

TTF

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Like them as a club but kind of think if they deserve to go down then that's what should happen. Let's all just hope they go on a good run and stay up by deserving it. Barnet can certainly piss off and not be missed, as could Portsmouth please

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Very much hope they stay up, but agree they have to deserve to stay up. Only hope they go on a run, and would be delighted if a loanee Albion player helped them. That said, of all the teams at the bottom I don't wish relegation on any of them. Come on Argyle, pull in the points.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I don't think a drop into division five is the disaster it was once considered to be. Half that league is now made up of old school football league clubs.

I have never thought of the conference as Division five before. If it was called that and was still part of 'The Football League' would getting relegated in to it seem quite as bad?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Plymouth are a great club. I hope they can pull it out the bag.......come on Gus, remember where we got Barnes and Nooney (and Nelson) and give 'em a hand.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Think 3 automatic down which in turn means 2 automatic up from the BSP with 1-play off place for the next 4 teams would be a better set-up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here