Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not looking great for Plymouth...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm clued up.

They are bottom of the football league. They need to improve to at least 3rd bottom by May to remain a football league club.

Wonderful insight there, Although no doubt a lot more interesting than your comments on the Albion.

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Is anyone up to date with whats going on down there at the moment?

They aren't good enough sadly. Likely to be heading down with Accrington.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think a drop into division five is the disaster it was once considered to be. Half that league is now made up of old school football league clubs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think a drop into division five is the disaster it was once considered to be. Half that league is now made up of old school football league clubs.

I think it is. That is one BASTARD division to get out of. Not many ex-League clubs have made a rapid return, if at all.

Forest Green, Barrow and Braintree on a Tuesday night ?

*shudder*

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I wouldn't mind sending 1 or 2 of our 1st team players who are not getting much game time, (Brez / Casper / JFC / Toby / Harley / Dicker) .... We've pinched some good players from them in the past and I feel we could help them out now :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I wouldn't mind sending 1 or 2 of our 1st team players who are not getting much game time, (Brez / Casper / JFC / Toby / Harley / Dicker) .... We've pinched some good players from them in the past and I feel we could help them out now :)

Harley is out on loan. JFC is in/around the first team. Dicker STARTED on Saturday.

You do realise we are in a promotion push, right ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
would hate to see it but on the plus sidevtheir overhewds will possibly drop a little while their crowds/income will probably hold up so at least a foundation to build on. Not all lost yet but hard to see them staying up from here

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Completely disagree I am afraid. I have a friend who is a Luton STH. They have been in there for a few seasons now and it is ultra competitive. Failed play off bids for a couple of years, now this season even struggling to make the top five, and that is with crowds consistently topping 6k.

It's a bitch of a division to get out of. With only one automatic place available which in recent years has been taken by one of a handful of clubs gambling big money (e.g. Crawley), and then the lottery of the play offs for the next four.

There is about eight sides in that divison that would have the capablity to be top three in league two. And the botom half of league two would all struggle in the BSP.

I think it is time they made it three up three down between the BSP and League Two. That would also lessen the effect of dropping down, unless like much of the current league two your time for going non league is way overdue (Barnet should be playing non league).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've no idea, bearing in mind the relative qualities in League and the Conference, why they don't open up four promotion / relegation places each season.

This notion of league / non-league is a peculiarly British one, and there's no real reason to make the distinction, unless someone can enlighten me otherwise.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Harley is out on loan. JFC is in/around the first team. Dicker STARTED on Saturday.

You do realise we are in a promotion push, right ?

Harley is on loan :facepalm: must of missed that but thank god, the names I mentioned are players that I don't feel are / will get much game from now on till the end of the season, in the centre of the field we can play .... Bridders, Hammond, Crofts, vicente orlandi, Dicker, JFC ... It's not really an area we are short of players.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Harley is on loan :facepalm: must of missed that but thank god, the names I mentioned are players that I don't feel are / will get much game from now on till the end of the season, in the centre of the field we can play .... Bridders, Hammond, Crofts, vicente orlandi, Dicker, JFC ... It's not really an area we are short of players.

Hes doing well at MK Dons actually. Even scored against QPR in the FA Cup...

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I would love it for our club to give them a buzz and ask if there is a way we can help.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Top 2 should go up automatically
Then 4th should play 5th and then the subsequent winner should play 3rd.
Winner of that match then plays the 3rd bottom team in the Football League in a promotion/ relegation play off.

The 2+1 system can be modeled on German football.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With only one automatic place available which in recent years has been taken by one of a handful of clubs gambling big money (e.g. Crawley), and then the lottery of the play offs for the next four.

Shame you had to spoil an otherwise well considered post with a totally misinformed "example". Looking through the list of conference champions, I don't see any who have spent big money or "gambled". It's just a tough league to get out of.

My personal view is that the same promotion / relegation rules should apply to all divisions down to the fifth tier - i.e. 3 up, 3 down. Once it goes regional, it gets a little more complicated....

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Dropping out of the Football League would be a disaster for them, I sincerely hope they stay up.

I would be all for sending them players on loan, players we really don't need at the moment. I say we lend them Brezovan, Dunk, Crofts and Barker. Be a good experience for Dunk to be playing in a team under constant pressure and where he'd have to wake up a bit in terms of concentration. Crofts needs games and we don't really need him, there would need to be a recall clause there just in case and Barker wouldn't be noticed if he left on loan (again).

Realistically, it won't happen. But I'd like us to help them out and help them stay up.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's a bitch of a division to get out of. With only one automatic place available which in recent years has been taken by one of a handful of clubs gambling big money (e.g. Crawley), and then the lottery of the play offs for the next four.

There is about eight sides in that divison that would have the capablity to be top three in league two. And the botom half of league two would all struggle in the BSP.

It IS a bitch of a division to get out of, and I think your analysis of the relative strengths is pretty accurate. The advantage though is that the promoted sides are well equipped for life in League Two (and in Crawley's case: better than League two) and you don't get the same gap as between the Championship and the Premiership where one, two or even three of the promoted teams all struggle to avoid dropping straight back down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here