Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not long to go before kick off - Where is your Albion Mojo?

Where is your Albion Mojo today?

• Total voters

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How long are we expected to be patient for? For all the changes in staff (playing and non-playing), tactics, styles and all that jazz we’re still, arguably, in exactly the same position we were in before our very first PL match four years ago of hoping there are three teams worse than us when this kicks off. I think when you consider it in those terms people are entitled to feel a bit fed up with another round of “here we go again”.

Long.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How long are we expected to be patient for? For all the changes in staff (playing and non-playing), tactics, styles and all that jazz we’re still, arguably, in exactly the same position we were in before our very first PL match four years ago of hoping there are three teams worse than us when this kicks off. I think when you consider it in those terms people are entitled to feel a bit fed up with another round of “here we go again”.

Until we pay the transfer fees and wages that Top 10 teams pay. There is a chance of a freak season like Sheffield United had or Bournemouth for a couple of seasons, but long term, no chance, if we don’t pay the going rate.

It’s a tough one but we do need to be patient and enjoy the rare victories

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed.

The irony is that many's mojos will be low at the prospect of yet another season shuffling around the bottom half and flirting with relegation. So many people skirt around the truth that in PL football very often relative budget = position.

To think that 16th/low 40s points is our ceiling is to somehow implicitly criticise a Chairman, who is burning a fortune keeping this club going, for not spending more and, for good reason, most won't. Potter was brought in to break that hegemony another way yet many seem unprepared to criticise him because of our budget! And the low mojos keep on rolling in.

:thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm so embarrassed.

You should be. You're no different to the pseudo-intellectuals on the Persian Football message board who still think that Ali J was only one game away and one coach from showing how Iranian players could take the Premier League by storm, or the Saffers who take over the club's social media every time Tau isn't in the squad because we've all seen how strong South African football is recently. The only difference is you're defending an underachieving coach because he lived in Sweden and has letters after his name.

No offence (well, actually, obvious offence), but you could take most of the Bear Pit regulars and after a few years living somewhere where it was dark and minus 20 for a good part of the year they'd be signing up for the Open University quicker than you could say "complete boredom".

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You should be. You're no different to the pseudo-intellectuals on the Persian Football message board who still think that Ali J was only one game away and one coach from showing how Iranian players could take the Premier League by storm, or the Saffers who take over the club's social media every time Tau isn't in the squad because we've all seen how strong South African football is recently. The only difference is you're defending an underachieving coach because he lived in Sweden and has letters after his name.

No offence (well, actually, obvious offence), but you could take most of the Bear Pit regulars and after a few years living somewhere where it was dark and minus 20 for a good part of the year they'd be signing up for the Open University quicker than you could say "complete boredom".

Either all of that, or you are just a constantly moaning fickle manchild.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Thanks.
Yes definitely feeling better, my mental health has improved and I feel I’m a better person ( I can be a bit moody)

I didn’t drink in the week but sometimes overdid it at the weekend and then suffered with bad hangovers, on a home match day I would start drinking at midday but late afternoon I would have a splitting headache.

I originally gave drinking a rest because I wasn’t going out and needed to do some decorating at the weekends, having a clear head made it easier.
I gave up drinking and smoking for 4 months in lockdown but as soon as the pubs opened fell back into it [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
My mojo is as high as Glenn Hughes circa 1975 after a day hanging with Bolin sniffing coke off strippers tits.

Yeah, you keep on moving.

Like a circle round the sun.

We're going to smoke it, starting with disco Dyche.

Indeed, I'll eat my Clint Eastwood hat AND poncho if we don't make the hateful top 8.

Mark me, we're about to do something few of us ever dared to dream of.

Yes, the drugs do work.

Last edited:

This is me

Sep 15, 2013

Nailed on relegation season. Signed Jack nowt - White gone. The vultures circling for Bissouma. Welbeck injured & relying on average Championship forwards.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Nailed on relegation season. Signed Jack nowt - White gone. The vultures circling for Bissouma. Welbeck injured & relying on average Championship forwards.

Odd.

You’ve already scored a 3 on this poll when you posted using your regular account. Shall we aggregate your responses and call it a 5? Or would you prefer to go for an average of 2.5? Or do we we wait in case your third account wants a go?

Let me know. Cheers.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
All supporters of clubs want owners to splash out on a striker. With the number Albion have on books cant se it happening and looks like Potter hopes we will create just as many chances but put more away.
What is a worry is defence. Still no left sided defender. Surely we are not going to play a CB out wide again. Veltman played most of his games for Ajax at CB but has done well for us at right sided defender. What happens if he gets injured, It will be interesting to see how Potter sets up this season. May find he prefers 4 at back and only played 3 so he could play White,Dunk and Welbeck

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
4 or 5 right now.

Sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see our goal scoring issues from last season being any different this season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Going backwards Andone, Locadia, Duffy three players GP didn’t want to work with in his first season let alone his third. The poor sod has been asking for a couple of wing backs for two seasons and they buy him another midfielder to somehow squeeze into the squad :facepalm:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I'm sure it will move as the season starts. But which way?

I sum up our transfer window as 'We needed a striker but sold Ben White.' Not inspiring.

Oh well.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
All supporters of clubs want owners to splash out on a striker. With the number Albion have on books cant se it happening and looks like Potter hopes we will create just as many chances but put more away.
What is a worry is defence. Still no left sided defender. Surely we are not going to play a CB out wide again. Veltman played most of his games for Ajax at CB but has done well for us at right sided defender. What happens if he gets injured, It will be interesting to see how Potter sets up this season. May find he prefers 4 at back and only played 3 so he could play White,Dunk and Welbeck

I think we have to get Andone's head in the right place and get him firing.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
This season we have the result of poor recruitment of Andone and Locadia Would think Bloom has said not willing to buy another striker until these are of pay roll.

Glendemic

May 13, 2016
Portslade
Went for a 5, which on reflection might have been more generous than I intended. Obviously it's more Albion in the premier league, but a combination of lots of sport over the summer, a profoundly weird couple of years and no encouraging signings has badly blunted my enthusiasm.

The prospect of another year of 'nearly nearly nearly' in front of the opposition's goal mouth and hovering near the relegation zone most of the year is a frustrating prospect.

But hey, seeing mates again, Saturday afternoons out and the odd giant killing will make me feel much better.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
7, happy to go with what we have, would have put 8 but leaving a bit of headroom for potential incoming players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here