Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not long to go before kick off - Where is your Albion Mojo?

Where is your Albion Mojo today?

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
6. Not got over the premier league footballers still getting paid a fortune during Covid. I need to. I am sure I will.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Looking forward to the season starting, but I’m a bit concerned that we’ve sold/released/loaned a lot of players but don’t appear to have a right back or a striker who can score goals.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Gone for 10 for one simple reason - I changed jobs recently that came with a decent pay rise and WFH which has given me the cash to be able to buy myself and my youngest son a season ticket this season. Had one at the Goldstone but since then it was always casual tickets. Can't blooming wait until Watford and my son is an Albion nut so he's going to be over the moon that day !!!!!

I was going to say, well, still am, a 6 but this post made me smile. I do enjoy a good father and son at the football story.

In general mojo terms I'm worried where we are with the squad. We haven't currently addressed any of the problems we had last year and have sold one of our most promising players and have done nothing to replace him.

I'm sure(hopeful...) that that will change by the time the transfer window closes but it would have been nice to have some of the pieces in place before Burnley. Which, incidentally, is the most soul sapping and mojo draining first game of the season imaginable. An incredibly tedious 90 minutes awaits, probably ending in a draw or one goal defeat. Even when we beat them it's the most joyless win of the season.

****ing Burnley. Away. First game of the season. **** sake.:nono:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes

Optimistic but concerned about where goals might come from. It feels like our only real weakness to me.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
5 for me. Transfer business has been underwhelming so far and, whilst I still cling to the hope a left back and a striker will be signed, I can’t help but feel a tad apprehensive considering White’s departure, our growing number of injuries and a misfiring strike force who are without the quality of Welbeck and who haven’t been bolstered by the arrival of a new face.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I currently have NO Albion mojo, at all.

That isn't to say I'm particularly negative about it all - just strangely detached / disinterested.

Guess that will change once we get started. Hope so.

Very much the same.

Probably a consequence of the events of the last couple of years more than anything else.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
9. After 18 months of watching sterile, behind-closed-doors fanless, soul-less matches, just can't wait to get back to the real thing. Would have gone 10, but the negativity of some of our fans is a bit grating - hope this doesn't seep into the crowd when we're back (but it will)

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Usually I am buzzing but I feel really flat this year. Yes we may strengthen but as it stands our squad for Saturday is demonstrably weaker than last season which I think is a wasted opportunity given our opening fixtures.

Agree with this - watching while all around us strengthen hasn't helped my mojo so it's a 3 as things stand but that could change quickly with some transfer activity.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
8 , can't wait to start going to the away games again , like to make a weekend of things these days and looking forward to sampling the Friday night delights of Burnley .

The home games are a pain in the butt for me to get to and to be honest I don't enjoy them as much as the away games , probably because the supporters at away games tend to be more vocal and up for a laugh than sterile HQ , where all the matchday experience has become more and more sanitised .

It's not a dig at the club it's just how it is , I can't think of a more family orientated stadium than the Amex and when you see the amount of youngsters at home games now then that policy seems to work for the club , I just prefer a more boisterous atmosphere.

The squad has not really improved imo in fact it's slightly weaker than last seasons , a long term injury to either Dunk or Webster could leave us up the creek and the non addition of another striker concerns me but still think we'll be OK.

Bring it on .

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Low as we have done nothing yet again to fix the glaring holes in the squad and in fact it looks thinner than last year (like my hair line).

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
5 at the moment as at the moment we will be hoping there are 3 worse teams than us unless we improve our forward line.

If we do then I'll probably jump to an 8 as I think that's all we are missing from being a very solid mid-table side.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
7 - I genuinely believe we have a reasonable team, we are a forward away from being a good team IMO……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
5. Concerned we are being complacent and failing to act with enough urgency in fixing some glaring holes in the squad. Total faith in what Potter is trying to do but feel we risk squandering a chance to get early points on the board.

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
I'm ashamed to say its a 2. Can't get to Watford game so that doesn't help. Bloody ticket opens up every time I turn my phone on which is irritating as hell. Nothing done by the club to improve the strikers which were the most frustrating part of last season. This was made clear by the Getaffe friendly where we didn't trouble their keeper. As this is my 58th year of supporting the club I should be used to it.
Maybe a couple of wins and a trip to the Amex for Everton will change it. I soooo hope so

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
4 - Fundamentally the same 1st team as last year bar White out and Mwepu in, so would expect a similar finish again.

16th is my prediction and I would be delighted with that, even more so if we fail to add to striking department which is looking likely.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
As it stands at this precise moment I'm a 5
At the end of last season I was a 9 bordering 10 as I was CONVINCED the club would make the necessary signings in the areas we all know we ought to be strengthening and so I wouldn't be approaching this season on a 5.
Oh....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here