Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nostalgia - Old Restaurants and Bars in Brighton

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The Posada......................and Auntie Yum Yum............sigh.

The Portland Club.

The Maytree.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Curtain Club, one of the few places open for after hours drinking (that I knew about anyway)

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
what was the name of the hotel du vin before it was that? I know it was once berlin bar but just before it closed it used to be amazing.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
The Pink Coconut!!

The Seahouse Pub, haooy hour every Fri & Sat 7-9ish. Then over to the Argyle to "chat " with away fans.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the bosun was the place where only the real hard nuts went.

i went in there once to meet someone before a stag do and it was like walking into one of them East London Drinking establishments - where there were body parts splattered on the walls....gave it a certain ambiance.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The Berlin Bar was the first place i ever went to in Brighton drinking. I was just 16 I think. f*** me it was awful.

The Large One said:
Where was the Bosun?
That was the Edlin's pub with no name in West Street (nearer the Clocktower than the Standard, but the same side of the road).

The Edlin family owned a number of establishments in and around Brighton - hence the reminiscing about DtG's sandwiches. Among the places owned by Edlin's was the King and Queen.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lord Bracknell said:
That was the Edlin's pub with no name in West Street (nearer the Clocktower than the Standard, but the same side of the road).

The Edlin family owned a number of establishments in and around Brighton - hence the reminiscing about DtG's sandwiches. Among the places owned by Edlin's was the King and Queen.
I went to school with an Edlin. Apparently, it was a fella in the same family, and, although he never took the family trade on directly, he did go into catering, and for a while, until recently, in fact, owned an hotel - The White House - in Kemp Town.

Not sure what he's up to now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here