Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That was really quite disappointing. Obviously have no right to beat Norwich and Mapuay should have had a penalty and a goal. We didn't look confident going forward and didn't create as many as last season. Centre backs passing was poor and never moved into space with the ball meaning the midfielders had 11 men in front of them by the time they got the ball. Gross and Moder offered virtually nothing going forwards. Maupay really poor. We are over reliant on Trossard to do something. Shame as 3 points were there for the taking. Norwich would have felt, pick 3 centre backs and we could be ok. Maybe catch them on the break. Nearly worked. Burn can't start next games. Good squad player but ponderous to the extreme.

Anyway trying to focus on the fact that we are good enough to beat City next weekend and we won't have to be caring about the bottom 3 results which is real progress.

Are you kidding on Burn? He played as a centre back today and his covering and tackling were superb, what more do you want from a CB? To then add to that his ball carrying, control and passing, at a level I think only Ben White has performed better at out of all Brighton CBs, I can only conclude you have something against him :shrug:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Very dull, pedestrian, and I think a draw was good all round for both sides. Maupay missing a gilt-edged chance summed it up. Could've played another hour and neither side have the quality to score.

I predicted a draw, but those points we got on the board early have really taken the pressure off, going into a run of games where we'll be lucky to get a point from the next 3/4.

Lamptey strangely subdued after coming on, doesn't look at all fit or ready to me. Some cynical dark arts defending whenever we got countered on, especially towards the end. Duffy finally got his yellow card after three identical professional fouls in the second half alone.

My MOTM was Burn, who was immense today.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
There seems to be a blizzard of self entitled whinging on here. Odd.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
God help us if we play like that next week. With the play constantly slowing up around the box again, March doing is usual pass behind everyone in the box and Maupay missing sitters probably a good point.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I had that too. Liked the commentator’s mention of Christian Gross at one point, wasn’t aware we’d signed the ex-Spurs manager as a 67-year old midfielder…

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
go and buy some weed, you bring everyone down

I don't force you or anyone else to read my posts, you massive helmet. Put them on ignore. I am sick of you using my posts as a reason to spam this board to raise your postcount.

Oh, and it was a terrible result, especially with the fixtures coming up. Stupid licker. You go and get some weed, it makes you content with being bored, so may actually be of some beneficial use to you.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
And so the Dan Burn Marmite saga rolls on, he's either MoTM or not worth a place in the starting line up - you decide.

Actually, no you don't, Graham Potter does, and continues to play him!

How some are dissing bdb today I don't know. Yes he got caught in possession which led to Norwich's best chance but 2 goal saving tackles kept us in the game. Overall we could of won, were the better side but far too many mistakes which against better teams we would of been punished by. Norwich fought like hell and deserved the point too. As others have said last season Sheffield United/ West Brom we would of lost so without playing well we've still got a point and unbeaten away so far.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I don't force you or anyone else to read my posts, you massive helmet. Put them on ignore. I am sick of you using my posts as a reason to spam this board to raise your postcount.

Oh, and it was a terrible result, especially with the fixtures coming up. Stupid licker. You go and get some weed, it makes you content with being bored, so may actually be of some beneficial use to you.

And we live in times of division, ridicule and bile - Where's Elton John and his ****ing Circle of Life when you want him?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
And so the Dan Burn Marmite saga rolls on, he's either MoTM or not worth a place in the starting line up - you decide.

Actually, no you don't, Graham Potter does, and continues to play him!

Disagree, he made some good last ditch challenges but also some very sloppy errors, seems to dwell on the ball at times. Would definitely play him in the starting XI at present but would expect him to be out of the team once Webster is fit.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Chin up, a point away in this division is fine really. If it wasn't Norwich everyone would be happy enough, but Norwich won't be as shit all season as they started off.

completely agree. It's more during these kind of games that I find so frustrating - and tiresome cos it's happened so much to us over recent seasons.

But as it stands with the position we're in - can't complain. Just hope it doesn't become the most predominant factor of our season again like last!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

you're very rude and tedious, and i don't smoke pot.

the result was better than you were expecting, so why are you throwing another tantrum, you big baby

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
How some are dissing bdb today I don't know. Yes he got caught in possession which led to Norwich's best chance but 2 goal saving tackles kept us in the game. Overall we could of won, were the better side but far too many mistakes which against better teams we would of been punished by. Norwich fought like hell and deserved the point too. As others have said last season Sheffield United/ West Brom we would of lost so without playing well we've still got a point and unbeaten away so far.

"would of" three times in one post. What has the world come to?

i think that Norwich played like the away team, deep defending and tried to catch us on the counter attack , which almost worked three times. Thankfully their attack is shite. Next 2 games very interesting :) We beat both Man C and Liverpool in the respective fixtures last year and neither was a fluke. Dont assume we will automatically lose both matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here