Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich a step up?????

horshamseagull11

seagullshorsham
Dec 11, 2010
Eastbourne
Would Norwich realy be a big enough step up to be leaving Brighton? This season yes. 3-5 years time NO! I would understand Elliott Bennett going to a established premiership club in a year or so but not a club in a fulse position with huge money issues. I think a player of his age and tallent can do much better for himself! In Brighton anything is possable!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yes of course Norwich is a step up.

Ask anyone who isn't a Brighton fan who the bigger club is they'll say Norwich every time.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
being purely objective i do find it quite amazing how some of your fans seem to think you're on a par with established sides of the top 2 divisions

having lived in sussex most of my life and been to the goldstone many times, all i remember is mediocrity and near oblivion

but good luck in getting where you want to be

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
being purely objective i do find it quite amazing how some of your fans seem to think you're on a par with established sides of the top 2 divisions

having lived in sussex most of my life and been to the goldstone many times, all i remember is mediocrity and near oblivion

If you had had Archer, Stanley and Bellotti and we had had your people the situations would have been reversed. Simple as that really.
(As long as your fans would have fought like we did, otherwise you wouldn't have a club)
I have nothing against Norwich.
We are not on a par with established sides of the top 2 divisions right now because of the above. But give us 2 seasons and we will be :)

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Would Norwich realy be a big enough step up to be leaving Brighton? This season yes. 3-5 years time NO! I would understand Elliott Bennett going to a established premiership club in a year or so but not a club in a fulse position with huge money issues. I think a player of his age and tallent can do much better for himself! In Brighton anything is possable!

Do you seriously expect professional footballers to think about 3-5 years time ? No chance. Norwich are a step up at the moment, and probably for a while.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
The fact is that we are all Albion fans and nothing will change that. We all put the club first and cannot imagine why anyone would want to play for anyone else. The bottom line is that players don't view things in the same way (although there are of course a few exceptions).

To them it is just a job and they have a duty to themselves and their families to make as much money as they can in their short careers. We gave Bennett a break but you could easily argue that he has repaid us by being the assist leader in the division.

He has just signed a new contract, but I'm sure the club offered this realising that the transfer window was just around the corner and to protect themselves as much as wanting to make EB feel valued.

There is no loyalty in football except from supporters. Get used to it!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm sure Norwich is a step up

Image39.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Most of us do actually realise that. It's getting a bit embarrassing that there are all these threads popping up wondering why on earth a player would want to go to Norwich. We can talk all we like about potential but like anyone in any job, you're going to be looking at what you can get NOW, rather than what you might get in six months time. And as it stands Norwich have more to offer than we do.

Always quite liked Norwich as a club, as it goes. You can still do one right now though :(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Norwich have been been light years ahead of us as a club for years now. They've had Premier League and Europe relatively recently, and although they've dropped down from those heady heights, they're still a club with an impressive following and a decent stadium.

We're catching up on them for sure, but we're still a long way off.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i cannot believe people are seriously asking if norwich is a step up :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

we are a club that, three seasons apart, has been floating around the bottom two divisions for approaching twenty years now. in which time they could have been league champions, beat bayern munich in the olympic stadium and have attracted 20000 on a regular basis

we could be as good as them in terms of pushing for the premier league, but it is not going to be for at least two-three years. and that is quite a long time when you take into account the way moods and opinions change so quickly in football

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Well those of us who've been around a while can easily remember being in Division One. We fell from grace thanks to bad management and near criminal behaviour by our then board. We had no way of doing much with the Goldstone and although those of us who went there have fond memories of the place it really wasn't a great stadium. It's worth remembering that back in those days we used to pack the place and had we been still there now and in our current league position we'd be getting 20,000 plus crowds. We are obviously very limited at Withdean but with Falmer almost ready and the club one of the most solvent in the country plus the fact that we have a huge catchment area from a country far more densely populated than Norfolk we have more potential than you. Our Chairman is about to fork out £15 Million for a brand new purpose built training facility which will give us full acadamy status.

Whilst Norwich on paper currently look better than us give it two or three years and I think you'll see a very different picture. It is true that right now you are bigger but watch this space.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
We had no way of doing much with the Goldstone and although those of us who went there have fond memories of the place it really wasn't a great stadium. It's worth remembering that back in those days we used to pack the place and had we been still there now and in our current league position we'd be getting 20,000 plus crowds

ive always been a bit dubious about claims like these - correct me if im wrong as i may well be, but wasnt our average attendance in the 1991 play off season nothing special at all?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ive always been a bit dubious about claims like these - correct me if im wrong as i may well be, but wasnt our average attendance in the 1991 play off season nothing special at all?

It was about 8k.

Thats a long way from special.

horshamseagull11

seagullshorsham
Dec 11, 2010
Eastbourne
well those of us who've been around a while can easily remember being in division one. We fell from grace thanks to bad management and near criminal behaviour by our then board. We had no way of doing much with the goldstone and although those of us who went there have fond memories of the place it really wasn't a great stadium. It's worth remembering that back in those days we used to pack the place and had we been still there now and in our current league position we'd be getting 20,000 plus crowds. We are obviously very limited at withdean but with falmer almost ready and the club one of the most solvent in the country plus the fact that we have a huge catchment area from a country far more densely populated than norfolk we have more potential than you. Our chairman is about to fork out £15 million for a brand new purpose built training facility which will give us full acadamy status.

Whilst norwich on paper currently look better than us give it two or three years and i think you'll see a very different picture. It is true that right now you are bigger but watch this space.

well said

Bugs Hill

Jan 13, 2004

Well those of us who've been around a while can easily remember being in Division One. We fell from grace thanks to bad management and near criminal behaviour by our then board. We had no way of doing much with the Goldstone and although those of us who went there have fond memories of the place it really wasn't a great stadium. It's worth remembering that back in those days we used to pack the place and had we been still there now and in our current league position we'd be getting 20,000 plus crowds. We are obviously very limited at Withdean but with Falmer almost ready and the club one of the most solvent in the country plus the fact that we have a huge catchment area from a country far more densely populated than Norfolk we have more potential than you. Our Chairman is about to fork out £15 Million for a brand new purpose built training facility which will give us full acadamy status.

Whilst Norwich on paper currently look better than us give it two or three years and I think you'll see a very different picture. It is true that right now you are bigger but watch this space.

You're obviously not very old, Mike79:-

Average home attendances

Brighton - 18,244
Norwich - 14,183

Brighton - 18,984
Norwich - 17,140

Brighton - 24,745
Norwich - 17,225

Brighton - 22,074
Norwich - 17,874

Brighton - 25,264
Norwich - 19,366

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It was about 8k.

Thats a long way from special.

True but our trip to the play-off came very late in what had been a fairly modest season. We didn't secure a place until the last sceduled fixture. However I can remember us when we were in the top flight and we did get large crowds. We used to get over 15,000 in the old Third Division back in 1970 when we finished 5th. In 1972 when we were runners up we had a lot of crowds over 30,000. As I said, we have a lot of potential to be realised and Falmer and Tony Bloom are the keys, Gus is just the locksmith !

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
You're obviously not very old, Mike79:-

Average home attendances

Brighton - 18,244
Norwich - 14,183

Brighton - 18,984
Norwich - 17,140

Brighton - 24,745
Norwich - 17,225

Brighton - 22,074
Norwich - 17,874

Brighton - 25,264
Norwich - 19,366

I love those stats. Being a 21 year old I've grown up with the Withdean, if Falmer can attract that kind of attendance regularly.. Well.. Just imagine eh!

horshamseagull11

seagullshorsham
Dec 11, 2010
Eastbourne
I have no doubts Norwich are currently the bigger club however is this realy a good/right move for Bennett? We are in a better position than they was this time last year! Ware will we be next year? I believe its his agent pushing for the money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here