Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northstandchat - "badware"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've still got all plug-ins disabled as...

1. I'm slightly concerned one of them was used to compromise the site.

2. With a lot going on right now, I don't want to risk impacting the performance of the site.

I'll look to reintroduce them when things calm down a little.

I've still got all plug-ins disabled as...

1. I'm slightly concerned one of them was used to compromise the site.

2. With a lot going on right now, I don't want to risk impacting the performance of the site.

I'll look to reintroduce them when things calm down a little.

I haven't got notifications or the big board quick navigation at the bottom of threads.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
My laptop has been infected by the virus. The fake virus scanner is blocking everything. I can't access the Internet to get anti spyware. Any suggestions? thanks

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I should've said that this happened last week. I wasn't sure where it had come from but now I've seen this thread....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My laptop has been infected by the virus. The fake virus scanner is blocking everything. I can't access the Internet to get anti spyware. Any suggestions? thanks

OK....

You will have a new icon on your desktop - green, called something like Security Centre.

Right click on it. Look for the name and location of the executable, and write this down. eg C:\apps\horriblevirus.exe

Reboot in Safe mode, by doing a normal reboot and hammering the F8 key until you get a menu. Probably best to select the safe mode with networking option.

You will get a different desktop in which the 'virus checker' does not start.

Rename the virus ( C:\apps\horriblevirus.exe or whatever ) to anything you like ( it may be in a hidden windows folder, so you will have to have made these folders visible to find it ).

Reboot your machine normally.

Run your normal virus checker to remove the virus.

Now that is very odd, when I quoted your post it only read:
I've still got all plug-ins.
If you edit a post quickly enough, it doesn't show up with the 'reason for editing' suffix.

Is the notification plug in going to be restored at any time?
Can't we just restore half of it? Can't see the point in being notified about your own actions!

it did cross my mind that @Bozza due to events which i am still unable to repeat had simply jumped off Beachy Head with the NSC button firmly switched to "off".
I reckon Bozza has more style than to do that; he'd have chosen the magnificent Clifton Suspension Bridge.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here