Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northstandchat - "badware"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Actually, that raises another question - are notifications working for anyone else? C'mon Bozza, pull your finger out!

I've currently got all non-core functionality disabled. Hopefully I'll get them back on tonight.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I've currently got all non-core functionality disabled. Hopefully I'll get them back on tonight.

Does that include the single click return to board button?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

No worries. I was secretly relieved to avoid NSC yesterday - any chance of some more downtime today, please?

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
I run Sophos, and that wasn't a problem for me. Also, a vast number of websites use PHP, so i'm going to assume that you're talking nonsense.

Yup, talking nonsense :) absolutely no idea what i am talking about. So you running Sophos web intelligence/control service are you?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
when i opened nsc my pc got infected with a trojan. had one of those bogus security scans that make you worried then you pay x amount /. scareware i think they call it . malwarebytes got rid of it

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
when i opened nsc my pc got infected with a trojan. had one of those bogus security scans that make you worried then you pay x amount /. scareware i think they call it . malwarebytes got rid of it

No one should ever subscribe to a virus checker that just springs up and tells you that your PC is infected.

Not only are you scammed into paying for useless software you do not need, your credit / bank card details are in the hands of the wrong people.

Anyone who has subscribed to this 'virus checker' should cancel their cards and get new ones.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
My work network is blocking access.

"Access has been blocked as the threat Mal/Iframe-AN has been found on this website"

Maybe I'll be more productive now

Getting same message at work my pc, IE9 and running Sophos.
@bozza Is there a fix on it's way or is asking IT for password and adding NSC as safe site the only answer?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Getting same message at work my pc, IE9 and running Sophos.
@bozza Is there a fix on it's way or is asking IT for password and adding NSC as safe site the only answer?

As far as I'm aware, NSC is completely clean.

Yesterday, for a period of time, it wasn't. That was picked up by Google and similar 'bad site' monitors. I suspect your work stuff references that and is based on the issue yesterday. I have no idea if those systems re-scan sites at a later point in time and whitelist them again if they are found to be clean.

Sorry...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ

it was yesterday when the site went down. i had the same thing come up as some others about cookies and headers or something. then this internet security 2013 scan thing started up . it wasnt my usual anti virus software so knew something was up .

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
It's all working fine on my work machine now (on a Chrome browser, with a Sophos virus system), so looks as if the malware request might have taken effect.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
I keep getting this page not sure if this is just an over protective thing in which you override or is one doomed?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368644949.602386.jpg

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
@Bozza Fine work to get the board back running after Monday night. Cheers, I think ???

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
It's all working fine on my work machine now (on a Chrome browser, with a Sophos virus system), so looks as if the malware request might have taken effect.

@Bozza working fine now at work with IE9 and Sophos :thumbsup: no need now for that awkward conversation with IT department.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here