Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Northern Soul Prom

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This was simply terrific . Better than you'd hope to expect.
30 vintage Northern Soul stompers, lush stringed ballads, classic movers and all time hits brought back to life in new arrangements, performed by the BBC Concert Orchestra and a string of of fantastic young vocalists.
Curated by 6 Music's Stuart Maconie - you can hear the concert , live from the Albert Hall , in full on that BBC Sounds. (it was filmed and is going to turn up soon on TV).
RECOMMENDED. #KTF

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ah, that musrt be why I heard a version of (edit) the night on the radio this morning and thought, ooh, that's live. Sounded good

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I had no idea that the Proms lasted for 8 weeks before I saw it yesterday

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
RadMac played the cover of Frankie Valli’s The Night from this on their show this morning. It was ****ing immense. You won’t hear a better piece of music all day.

Thanks for the link @chaileyjem that’s my Sunday dinner cooking music sorted for today :thumbsup:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
RadMac played the cover of Frankie Valli’s The Night from this on their show this morning. It was ****ing immense. You won’t hear a better piece of music all day.

Thanks for the link @chaileyjem that’s my Sunday dinner cooking music sorted for today :thumbsup:
Thats the bit I heard, it was rather good wasn't it.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Darrell Smith singing 'The Drifter' was off the scale.

Superb sounds. Loved it.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
It was surreal and unique. Many of the tunes were never played live before and most not often. I also get the feeling that set will never be played live again. I do hope it makes it to TV.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It was surreal and unique. Many of the tunes were never played live before and most not often. I also get the feeling that set will never be played live again. I do hope it makes it to TV.
PS: Its definitely coming to TV and will be repeated on radio again soon later in the season..

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Remarkable stuff , just listening in " What " on at mo ... Phewww😎.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Another vote for really enjoying listening to this on playback. I know it'll be on the telly, but I wonder if they will release it as an album at some point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here