The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Lovelly! Man our culture is so superior to theirs - Football, Northern Soul, Ska. They've can keep their Rugby, Opera and Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Had the pleasure of seeing this fella. Always gave his all on stage. Northern Souls finest. I believe this was from his final concert, he died in 2003.

Last edited:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
She looks great and moves fine .

If you haven't seen these dudes though you may find it hard to keep a straight face .

[yt]4ULVQOneeZE[/YT]

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
These are 2 proper northern dancers , that bint inthe first post is just a total embarrasment...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1q6BSRkgGI

So let's get this straight...

It's a pastiche of Pharell Williams' video; she's dancing down a High Street (rather than on the spot on some talc); there isn't one Northern Soul dance or move; she doesn't look serious or up herself; she's enjoying herself; she's a decent dancer.... and you're embarrassed at it?

You miserable git.

I think post #13 on this thread has you nailed.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
So let's get this straight...

It's a pastiche of Pharell Williams' video; she's dancing down a High Street (rather than on the spot on some talc); there isn't one Northern Soul dance or move; she doesn't look serious or up herself; she's enjoying herself; she's a decent dancer.... and you're embarrassed at it?

You miserable git.

I think post #13 on this thread has you nailed.

If i wanna be embarrased by it then thats up to me. As for being miserable then thats also up to me . Not that i am . The whole northern soul and scooter scene has been hijacked by plastic wanna be,s , dancing like a box of drunken frogs , and riding PX f**king vespa,s. Shit like this just adds fuel to the fire . She is useless and yes embarassing . Not a decent dancer so get over it . ( you probably fancy it or something).....

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If i wanna be embarrased by it then thats up to me. As for being miserable then thats also up to me . Not that i am . The whole northern soul and scooter scene has been hijacked by plastic wanna be,s , dancing like a box of drunken frogs , and riding PX f**king vespa,s. Shit like this just adds fuel to the fire . She is useless and yes embarassing . Not a decent dancer so get over it . ( you probably fancy it or something).....

Wow. You are bitter.

I've got to say 'hijacked by plastic wannabes' is brilliant. It doesn't even begin to make sense.

We're talking about a 17 year-old girl enjoying herself, and you're having a meltdown about your own narrow ideas about what you perceive are the correct moves and what people get about on.

Thanks for the confirmation - post #13 does have it nailed.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
Wow. You are bitter.

I've got to say 'hijacked by plastic wannabes' is brilliant. It doesn't even begin to make sense.

We're talking about a 17 year-old girl enjoying herself, and you're having a meltdown about your own narrow ideas about what you perceive are the correct moves and what people get about on.

Thanks for the confirmation - post #13 does have it nailed.

Not bitter couldn,t give a shit to be honest , if i wanna laugh at someone or something i will , not having a MELTDOWN either . So if you would go and bully someone else so you can make it to 48000 posts , that would be good . something strange about people that have to sit on internet forums all day sticking up for 17yr old girls .

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Threads like this ALWAYS get hijacked by the purists, complaining about this and that. The Northern Soul patches aren't original, or haven't been sewn on properly, or no 'proper' northern soul aficionado would be seen dead listening to such and such a record. Blah, blah, blah. Who gives a shit. She obviously loves the music, so what if she doesn't trot out the so-called 'proper' moves. It's about people, young and old, having a good laugh and enjoying something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here