Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand ‘yobs’ at the Amex

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Pure comical genius? In what way?

well it was funny, hence the comedic bit. Genius as they managed to adapt a song to suit the situation. very clever and imaginative that north stand lot.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
My personal preference would be for the chanting to be kept to "banter" - I'm not comfortable with it getting hostile and abusive.
The attempts to kick racism and homophobia out of football should include ALL forms of abuse, not just the ones that are the current PC bandwagon.
Just because the likes of Millwall can't break away from the "tribalism" (aka hooliganism) image doesn't mean the rest of us can't set a better example. Although, to be fair, except when Palace (or ex-Palace players/managers) are involved, I very rarely find the Brighton crowds going beyond what I feel is reasonable.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
TBF He does have a point...we do ,as every other club have our....er fans that can't act civilised....not just us.
Banter is fine because of his Palace connections....but it must be funny....like at Peterborough...to Barry Fry...."How wide do you want the bench". He even said after the match that he thought the banter was funny from the Brighton fans.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
good reply

I'd estimate that 80%+ of the "foul-mouthed yobs" are the same folk who protested, organised petitions, marched miles, knocked doors and wrote letters to ensure the new stadium was ever built.

Many are the same people who watched a varied standard of football in foul conditions at Withdean.

If it wasn't for them, you wouldn't have had your annual day out with your fellow 'exiles' in our beautiful stadium.

Dec 29, 2011
My personal preference would be for the chanting to be kept to "banter" - I'm not comfortable with it getting hostile and abusive.
The attempts to kick racism and homophobia out of football should include ALL forms of abuse, not just the ones that are the current PC bandwagon.
Just because the likes of Millwall can't break away from the "tribalism" (aka hooliganism) image doesn't mean the rest of us can't set a better example. Although, to be fair, except when Palace (or ex-Palace players/managers) are involved, I very rarely find the Brighton crowds going beyond what I feel is reasonable.

Abuse isn't the same as prejudice. Abuse is part of football, always has been, always will be. Would you honestly go if everyone sat down and didn't say a word for 90 minutes? With passion comes strong feelings comes abuse.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Abuse isn't the same as prejudice. Abuse is part of football, always has been, always will be. Would you honestly go if everyone sat down and didn't say a word for 90 minutes? With passion comes strong feelings comes abuse.

(sigh!)
Of course I don't want it quiet. I join in with, and sometimes try to start, the main chants.
If you re-read my post, you'll see I'm not against the passion, it's just that I'm one of a growing number of people that consider verbal abuse to be a form of bullying. My personal preference (which I accept isn't shared by all) is that the passion should be channelled into building up your own team, or witty put-downs, rather than venomous insults.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fine. That's your opinion so fair enough. My opinion is that I totally disagree with your definition of 'reasonable'. Go and sit in the East Stand with all the other grannies and DON'T try and sanitise the North Stand any more than it is already. (Nothing wrong with grannies at football btw, as long as you/they don't expect all of us to behave like them).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why sit there?

It has to be really special abuse for it to roll into the East.
The Freedman stuff didn't really travel our way.

But the fella getting sent off (Leicester I think) last season certainly did, and was one of the crowd highlights of the year.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Hush now yob. I've seen you being the 'family man' with your kids at the Amex, really your just training them in how to be a YOB.

I've rumbled you.

For those nay sayers read his part in the programme, if you look closely you can put all the letters together to spell 'Down with the stewards, lets have a riot'

tut tut

I DEMAND you are removed from your Mod duties.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here