Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand stewards

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bit ott today tried to make everybody sit down all game, I thought we were allowed to stand at exciting moments ???, even the back rows were told to sit. Bit of a bust up a half time trying to eject a fan because of standing which upset his kids. He was allowed back in though, ironically Snappy has a photo of them on his tin foil cup tweets. Funny thing is no steward said anything during the Watford game, and everybody policed themselves and sat when nothing was happening.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
The steward in Block C today was over the top with getting people to sit down. People were standing up singing and he was telling them to sit down! Bit too keen in my opinion.

And what was going on in concourse at half time. Seem to be a lot
Of arguing between police / stewards and fans.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Bit ott today tried to make everybody sit down all game, I thought we were allowed to stand at exciting moments ???, even the back rows were told to sit. Bit of a bust up a half time trying to eject a fan because of standing which upset his kids. He was allowed back in though, ironically Snappy has a photo of them on his tin foil cup tweets. Funny thing is no steward said anything during the Watford game, and everybody policed themselves and sat when nothing was happening.

double post

Last edited:

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing

i'm guessing that's the same bloke with his young kids that did a 'cantona' on a steward at the bristol game, and then tried to start a fight with a fair few brighton fans around him during the watford match?:tosser:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
i'm guessing that's the same bloke with his young kids that did a 'cantona' on a steward at the bristol game, and then tried to start a fight with a fair few brighton fans around him during the watford match?:tosser:

In front of his kids ?

Is he teaching them to be proper nawty already........

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Erm no it definitely wasn't so :tosser: right back atya

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The steward in Block C today was over the top with getting people to sit down. People were standing up singing and he was telling them to sit down! Bit too keen in my opinion.

And what was going on in concourse at half time. Seem to be a lot
Of arguing between police / stewards and fans.

That was the him, they must have pounced when he took his kids down stairs at h/t

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
we were left alone in N1A

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
It was definitely the same bloke,hes a bit of a twat at the best of times. However i felt a bit sorry for him on this occasion as ,by all accounts they were trying to throw his son out for standing who looks about 8. I thought the stewards were looking for it today and thats a shame.They bottled it at half time though when the majority of the north turned on them. They didnt bother in the second half.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The first half ejection, i also sit not too far away and he was asked to 'have a chat downstairs', wasn't seen again. 85 mins from time the stewards go in as Bozza's picture suggest, only to remove 2 fellas with walking sticks?? At this point i asked the 'main' steward why this was happening and it was to do with non compliance of the seating regulations set out by the FA. When asked about the first half incident as he was the steward who removed the gentleman he replied that he had 'used foul and abusive language likely to incite a disturbance', which i can confirm was the 'stand up if you hate palace' chant.

The steward issue, certainly from my perspective seems to be worsening, i also thought they were there to make sure we are safe and enjoy the day, tonight i saw them peeping over the barriers to the lower north stand corner on the radio, almost as if picking out people. Sounds mad but that's my impression. I had a discussion with the said 'main' steward and several Police after as a group and eventually a Police officer with a camcorder told me i've had my warning? Warning for what? Things appear to be getting out of control in my opinion, if people don't see what i and many others see, well................................

Just my version:whistle:

What about a concerted picture taking exercise by the north stand, all get your phones out and take pictures of the stewards, intimidation can work both ways.

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
What about a concerted picture taking exercise by the north stand, all get your phones out and take pictures of the stewards, intimidation can work both ways.

loads of people were filming,taking pictures of the incident at half time,they may end up on here , lets hope so.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
It was definitely the same bloke,hes a bit of a twat at the best of times. However i felt a bit sorry for him on this occasion as ,by all accounts they were trying to throw his son out for standing who looks about 8. I thought the stewards were looking for it today and thats a shame.They bottled it at half time though when the majority of the north turned on them. They didnt bother in the second half.

cheers mate, thought it sounded a bit of a coincidence!
he does seem to ask for it, to be honest. shame for the kids tho, like you say,
hardly being set the best example though......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here