Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand standing what a joke

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BennettsFieldBunny ‏@BennettsField
Liam Bridcutt currently arguing with the stewards to get out of Bennett Fields Car Park #thereisnoescape

Are the stewards on a power trip today ?

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
Football is a passionate game and grounds need atmosphere, officials are trying to sterilise it fuckin wankers. I've always said that the stewards at Brighton have double standards and deliberately pick on home supporters. I've said before on this forum when the likes of Millwall are down here they get away with anything. Fans who go in the North stand know people will stand and sing so whats the problem.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
To the fan who got kicked out at half time,
He done nothing to warrant 6 police waiting for him and done nothing wrong,
Totally wrong totally come on Brighton sort it out.
If only the police would listen and take our statements

So was the guy standing up or not?

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
So was the guy standing up or not?

Yeah he was, but so were a lot of us.

Defo a bit heavy handed stewarding in the North today. Not sure why, but it seems logical to me that they are flexing a bit of muscle ahead of Palace.

Is a shame as the stewarding has been very fair in the North for the vast majority of our time at the Amex.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
If he stood, and persisted to stand after being told to sit, then rightly so. He broke the law and doesn't deserve to be in the stadium. Complete and utter wanker.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I tend to think most of them are,obviously in some aspects of life you're going to get a few knobheads but majority of them are fine!

Oh sure, the majority of them around the stadium are probably lovely people, if a bit simple. But the North Stand stewards are near exclusively a bunch of bell ends, too stupid and aggressive to make the police force or hold down a job as a bouncer.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
If he stood, and persisted to stand after being told to sit, then rightly so. He broke the law and doesn't deserve to be in the stadium. Complete and utter wanker.

Agree!

These " I hate stewards because they told me to sit and I told them to do one then I got ejected" posts are getting really really really boring now!

People should read the ground regulations outside the stadium, it's really not hard!!

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Oh sure, the majority of them around the stadium are probably lovely people, if a bit simple. But the North Stand stewards are near exclusively a bunch of bell ends, too stupid and aggressive to make the police force or hold down a job as a bouncer.

They've kicked you out before haven't they?

I saw the entire thing unfold as was sitting about 3 rows behind to the right of the chap who was thrown out. As somebody who sits in the back four rows I like to stand and also, at times, like to sit down. Some people infront of me DO create an issue by standing in pockets of 3/4 people persistently and this is evidentally against the rules. But, one person does not cause this problem and today as per usual one person was singled out. IF he was arrested for what happened then not only is it astonishing but the stewards are also lying.

The gentleman was among a number of fans asked to sit, he did not refuse or swear at the steward but raised his voice in stating it was ridiculous, like a number of others have done. He stated to the steward that if anybody behind him was annoyed then he would sit. This is how the convo went. He said this with a raised voice and this was enough for the stewards to chuck him out. They stated he would be thrown out and at half time had 4 police officers and about 6 stewards waiting for him, whilst they also said they would take his season ticket. IF he has been arrested then they also lied as he left quietly, did not behave disorderly and infact the stewards stated he would not be arrested for what had happened.

Every single fan was shocked at the manner in which he was treated. It will only anger people in the stand. The steward also had the cheek to say you could "write to the club" to which many laughed as from experience a reply is never forthcoming. It is a complete joke the way people are ushered out in the stand. It is all very black and white, you are treated like a child there is no reasoning. Any slight discrepancy and you are out. No warnings. No nothing. The guy thrown out was the most unthreatening, unassuming man who has sat there since the ground opened in a group of people who regularly back the team. You have people smoking, drinking and being abusive to one and other in sections of the stand and people are thrown out for this.

Take it from me, it was an utter joke he was thrown out and worthy of a protest, seriously. I dont come to post much on here anymore but the way he was treated makes me feel very distant and unatatched to this club. Its more that people are treated. Its there passion and release for some people and the stewards do not understand this.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Yeah he was, but so were a lot of us.

Defo a bit heavy handed stewarding in the North today. Not sure why, but it seems logical to me that they are flexing a bit of muscle ahead of Palace.

Is a shame as the stewarding has been very fair in the North for the vast majority of our time at the Amex.

We can only assume the complainant must have been directly affected by him rather than other around him, luck of the draw.
If he was standing, and continued to stand after being asked to sit then he has nothing to complain about we all know the rules and terms of entry.
Deserved to be removed.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Didnt seem to be much wrong, looked light it was getting heated. If you get the stewards wanting to have a word with you, just let them. If you get ejected then you have a much better case of appealing your possible ban if you go in peace rather than being abusive. The amount of people who were piling in today was pathetic and no doubt if any of them were thrown out, they would scream blue murder.

The guy was standing along with a load of other people (it wasnt just him standing) and i cant see why it was only him thrown out.

Oh and it is now N1F - not N1C.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here