Norman Wisdom RIP (Merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Some of my earliest Goldstone memories are of Norman taking the microphone in the centre circle to lead a chorus of Sussex by the Sea in our Div 4 days.
RIP Sir Norman.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Was taken to see Norman perform at The Dome for my 8th birthday - got upset cos I didn't understand about warm-up acts and thought the bloke on stage looked nothing like the pictures I'd seen. But good old Norm did appear after the interval and I cheered up! Best ever bday present apart from getting the full classic Albion Bukta kit the following year.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
RIP Norman
Gone but never forgotten.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Last edited:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
From Wikipedia: "Wisdom's fondness for Brighton & Hove Albion is renowned in Albania and consequently there are many "Seagulls" fans in Albania."

Is that true?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
RIP Sir Norman

My thoughts are with his family!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yet another fan who wont see Falmer :( RIP

At least he checked out with The Albion on top of League 1.:wozza:

(The perfect smiley in honour of Sir Norm).

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
RIP Sir Norman

My thoughts are with his family!

Indeed.

And and at a time such as this it wouldnt be respectful to bring up the television programme of some years ago where the respect of the family towards the man was all to clear to see (allowing for editing by the film makers etc etc, my solicitors are Blackman and Morphew and can be contacted at Number 1 Buxted Harbour, Buxted0.

steve-c

RIP Sir Norman,

also remember him in my early day's at the goldstone, and many a down when feeling a bit down was changed to fits of laughter watching Sir Norman on the telly in black and white, our thoughts go to his family and freinds.

a legend who will be missed. :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports