Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Wisdom RIP (Merged)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ive played football for Wisdom Sports now for 20 years, we are sponsored by Nick Wisdom, Norman's son, Nick even turned out for us a few times 10 years or so ago, a very sad day indeed and my thoughts go to Nick and his family.

Im sure we will observe a minutes silence on Saturday as a mark of respect.

Ive played football for Wisdom Sports now for 20 years, we are sponsored by Nick Wisdom, Norman's son, Nick even turned out for us a few times 10 years or so ago, a very sad day indeed and my thoughts go to Nick and his family.

Agreed, played for Wisdoms and even in the same team as Nick on occasions.
must be over 10 years ago though.

I remember Sir Norman turning up for afew games as well at Hickmans Lane.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Indeed. A few people have been quick to condemn his family based on that documentary of a couple of years ago. But unless you've ever experienced a relative suffering from dementia you can't possibly know how unpleasant it is. It's not all hilarious senior moments: it affects sufferers in many other ways, and it's never easy.

Both his son & daughter still live in mid Sussex: don't be too quick to criticise.

Norman Wisdom's comedy was long before my time, but he's well known enough for even me to see what a contribution he made.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Norman Wisdom, Benny Hill, Carry On and so on... laid the foundations of comedy that we enjoy today.

I believe his great-grandson posts on here as wizo7, so it might be nice to avoid speculating (simonsimon) on whether he was a nice man or not, no?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Indeed. Dementia affects many aspects of personality, it's not all about being amusingly forgetful.

Wise words BoF.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
RIP Sir Norman Wisdom.....

I will never forget the balck and white films repeated on saturday mornings during the school holidays. You made me and millions like me laugh. Thank you and god bless you.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am proud to have seen Sir Norman Wisdom in the centre circle of the Goldstone.
Nick Wisdom has also sponsored Basketball teams from Haywards Heath before the footie teams who were Champions of Sussex(Wisdom Sports Panthers & Tigers). Also in the days of the seagull specials you could buy tickets from Nicks first shop in Haywards Heath which was the old sportshide shop.
Sir Norman RIP:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here