Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Baker Predicted to Lose lewes

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why exactly was NB against the (Amex) stadium being built?
What were the alleged adverse impacts going to be on the Lewes constituency?

Falmer village is Lewes constituency. As you could see the stadium from the top of the church spire, some residents feared that they could loose up to 10% of the value of their £500k+ houses. NB came to their aid and was a huge part of the anti-stadium movement, even claiming that the stadium would only be built over his dead body (yet another Liberal Democrat broken promise).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
**** you Baker!

My prediction is that Baker will win and the BBC exit poll will prove to be significantly wrong. The Tories will win fewer than 290 seats.

Falmer village is Lewes constituency. As you could see the stadium from the top of the church spire, some residents feared that they could loose up to 10% of the value of their £500k+ houses. NB came to their aid and was a huge part of the anti-stadium movement, even claiming that the stadium would only be built over his dead body (yet another Liberal Democrat broken promise).
:lol:

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
I had the privilege of sitting in front of one of his campaign bods in WSU. He talked tosh for 90 mins, mainly about football but also about Norm. On the basis of this I was confident Baker would go.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The prediction is based on the BBC's exit poll being exactly right in predicting that the Tories will win 316 seats. If they only win 315, the prediction is that Lewes stays LibDem.

My prediction is that Baker will win and the BBC exit poll will prove to be significantly wrong. The Tories will win fewer than 290 seats.

:jester:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Bellotti, Baker, Alexander, Cable, Clegg............. your boys took one hell of a beating, one hell of a beating !!!!!!!!

My signature will however, remain unchanged.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Tip for Norman Baker

Pick up your bags and f*** off. Anywhere - we don't care.

A great constituency MP.....I`m sad to see him go......Jury out on Maria Cauldfield.........But I am relieved that it looks strongly as if Conservatives will not need coalition with anyone......The shambles most had feared not happening thank goodness..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A great constituency MP.....I`m sad to see him go......Jury out on Maria Cauldfield.........But I am relieved that it looks strongly as if Conservatives will not need coalition with anyone......The shambles most had feared not happening thank goodness..

He might have been great for Lewes, but I have heard so many in Newhaven pointing out his hypocrisies, it doesn't surprise me.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
The prediction is based on the BBC's exit poll being exactly right in predicting that the Tories will win 316 seats. If they only win 315, the prediction is that Lewes stays LibDem.

:thumbsup: good call

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Amazing its taken this long to get rid of him

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
He had some great plans for Newhaven though like making the part of the ring road that bisects the 'center ville' pedestrianised. I hope the new MP will keep investing in Newhaven! Anyone heard anything about this?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A great MP for the town of Lewes, perhaps, but it seems that the national trend coupled with his disinterest in the rest of his constituency has finally done for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here