Noone

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Thought Nooney's best move was the studs into Bellamy's side in the first half! Then Bellamy whining and being told to get up by the ref! He didn't look best pleased. Well done Nooney

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Do you know - until the Swindon game I would agreed his crossing was poor. However one thing dawned on me...he has no target to aim for...

There's no point in playing a player like Noone if he has no target man to aim for!!!

Noooney will be awesome when we buy a decent target man- fact

he cant cross so why would a bigger person to aim at help - Fact?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
he cant cross so why would a bigger person to aim at help - Fact?

Non-fact.

He doesn't cross accurately and consistently would be more factual although saying that his corners are better than Vicente's. I would accept his crossing of the ball as is to be fair if he could only shoot with any degree of accuracy - he works himself good positions and then ....................................

That said, Noone played well last night - nearly back to the standard he set this time last year

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I do find it strange that someone with so much technical ability can't hit a decent cross!

Exactly.

He can beat a man, but there is no point whatsoever if the final shot/cross is lacking, and every single time last night, and against Swindon, it was. I'd take £1m if Cardiff came back in.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Exactly.

He can beat a man, but there is no point whatsoever if the final shot/cross is lacking, and every single time last night, and against Swindon, it was. I'd take £1m if Cardiff came back in.

I thought for the first 10-15 minutes he wasn't that great yesterday - again failing to provide the final ball. However, after that he improved dramatically. He didn't have his shooting boots on but that seems to be an issue for the whole squad at the moment - but that happens sometimes.

Webbzy

South West Corner Seagull
Jun 3, 2012
Portslade
I have seen enough personally. Just not good enough.

Thoughts?

If you would of said this last season although he had the pace and skill he didnt have no end product, but it looks like over the summer he's worked on this considerably he had the best match I've seen him play. I think you sir have been spoiled but the wonder that is Will Buckley!

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
If you would of said this last season although he had the pace and skill he didnt have no end product, but it looks like over the summer he's worked on this considerably he had the best match I've seen him play. I think you sir have been spoiled but the wonder that is Will Buckley!

Very true.

The one thing I really take out this thread are those saying, it's not his crossing that is the problem it's the lack of a target man.

But yes buckers picks out people time after time. Probably raised the bar in expectation.

To be fair it's a disappointing opening post on my part. I have to be much more constructive than that.

One you look back on in the morning and go, doh. Please nobody else comment so it can disappear down the dark depths of NSC. So I don't have the constant reminder of my stupidity.

Grovesyg

Jul 7, 2009
Very true.

The one thing I really take out this thread are those saying, it's not his crossing that is the problem it's the lack of a target man.

But yes buckers picks out people time after time. Probably raised the bar in expectation.

To be fair it's a disappointing opening post on my part. I have to be much more constructive than that.

One you look back on in the morning and go, doh. Please nobody else comment so it can disappear down the dark depths of NSC. So I don't have the constant reminder of my stupidity.

ok, no worries

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
That could be because he has been told run his socks off for the first hour or so by Gus
Will or Kaz then coming on against a very tired full back Happened a lot last year

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Nooney was fine last season. OK, his crossing may have been questionable at times last season, but its only a couple of games into the season. Let's not judge just yet. Last night I thought he was better

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports