Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone to Cardiff - ** Confirmed **

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He signed a new contract, so will be at least £1.5m I think, which IS good business.

Also seen this from FourthOfficial_ on Twitter who never normally gets anything wrong.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He is our third best winger but I felt we could have done with an extra winger in addition to Noone (last year we had our 3 current wide players plus Assulin) so it seems strange that we are letting him go.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hope this is not true. I think he's one hell of a player and love watching him. I know with Buckley and Lua Lua, we have plenty of cover for these wide positions and that we are unlikely to ever start with 2 wide men, so could be argued if the price is right, then we could accept an offer, but it will be sad to see him go. Rather sell Lua Lua than Noone.
I notice in the programme notes how often team mates always remark about his "ball skills". They reckon he's the most gifted ball player in the club. I hope we hold on to him !!

Lua Lua is a different type of players, who in general delivers better quality.

On your final point, I assume for some reason you're not including Vicente in your list of gifted players?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
£1.5m with a sell on clause (just in case!) will grease the wheels for this striker we are seeking. Although KLL, Buckley, and Vicente are perennial sick notes. We will need cover on the wing.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He is our third best winger but I felt we could have done with an extra winger in addition to Noone (last year we had our 3 current wide players plus Assulin) so it seems strange that we are letting him go.

Unless Gus has a plan.... or we're playing a different system this season. Or both.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The intention won't be to replace Noone like for like, what would be the point. He's been happy here, fitted in well, gives everything. The intention will be to use the money to bring in a striker.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
North of £2m apparently, IF true, then VERY good business.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's got a great attitude and is a likable player, but has always struggled when it comes to end product, and thats not just this season either. If we can get something north of a million for him and put it towards a quality forward, then with the additional threat we're already carrying down the flanks from what are probably the best two fullbacks in the division, plus Buckers and KLL when fit, I really don't think we'd be particularly weakened without Noone in the squad.

£1.2m and I think we should bite their hand off.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Given we play wide, and Noone seems to be the most consistently fit of our wingers, why get rid? As [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] says why replace him like for like?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
If over the original £1mill take the money and run we need cash for a forward BIG time...WHERE has this £1.5mil for Hall come from and is it confirmed anywhere official??

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
True. There's actually loads of logical reasons to not be gutted, but I can't help but love his infectious enthusiasm.
Indeed. Noone is the sort of player you always hope will succeed at your club despite his obvious flaws, a bit like CMS. It's hard to be hard-nosed when it comes to letting such players leave.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
What with just two days left?

Do you really think that Gus and Tanno have just sat on their arses for the whole summer and not lined up certain options dependant on budget!? This is why so much business is done so late in the window because it takes one club to blink and agree a significant fee for a player which then sets off a chain of transfers.
I'm sure they have been waiting having already lined up a deal for a striker should they get x amount in in transfer fees...
But then again they may have just sat on their arses grumbling about not being able to afford anyone and just given up.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If over the original £1mill take the money and run we need cash for a forward BIG time...WHERE has this £1.5mil for Hall come from and is it confirmed anywhere official??

Compo figure will never come out officially

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
From the Cardiff City forum...

"Not much of a surprise but we have had a bid accepted of approximately £1.5m for Craig Noone.

It will be in the press very shortly."

They all seem very pleased.

It's a good price if correct and of the three (Lua Lua, Buckley, Noone) he is the one I'm happiest to lose (not that I'm happy to lose him).

Hopefully we can announce a decent signing in the next couple of days to help soften the blow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here